ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Offense Ranked 19th

vmax

The Baltimore Ravens offense is ranked 19th in yardage so they still have a way to go to hit 'average' in that category.

In the all important 'Points Scored' catagory they are a very respectable 10th.

The stats don't tell the complete tale of how well they have played and the improvement they have made over the last 7 games.

They are hot and on a roll. It's been steady, consistant progress despite the injuries.

It would be so sweet to see this continue through December.

43558977.jpg

The Baltimore Ravens offense is ranked 19th in yardage so they still have a way to go to hit 'average' in that category.

In the all important 'Points Scored' catagory they are a very respectable 10th.

The stats don't tell the complete tale of how well they have played and the improvement they have made over the last 7 games.

They are hot and on a roll. It's been steady, consistant progress despite the injuries.

It would be so sweet to see this continue through December.

43558977.jpg

Yes, especially against formidable defenses. I dont believe any of our offensive outbursts

were against any stout, defensive teams - Browns, Texans, Eagles (maybe) and Bengals.

That all changes this Sunday and with the next 3 opponents-Skins, Steelers & Cowboys are top 10 D's.

Well, the Skins and Steelers are legit. The Cowboys have an awful defense. Philly defense is very good, I was impressed with the way Flacco handled the pass rush.

Yagersports,

Cowboys D awful, huh ? They are 9th in the NFL in total D and comparable to Philly in YPG.

Plus, we are playing the Cowboys in Big D; I'd call that about as formidable as our playing Philly at M & T.

Suffice to say, the next 3 opponents will be a good litmus test of how far we have come and whether we deserve to be in the playoffs.

Dallas will be much like Philly, with the addition of an excellent offense and the fanfare that is the last game at Texas Stadium.

However, I have no concern whatsoever with that game when compared to the next two. A win over the Skins would be a landmark win against an all-around solid opponent, and the Pittsburgh game is the most important remaining, by far.

The best thing about the offense this year is the combination of points scored and time of possession. The defense owes a lot to the O for keeping them fresh. And then there's the 4th quarter scoring differential. Last time I looked, we were first in that key stat.