ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jimmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyy

TBird

LOL - Tucker wins the game with his FG with 1 sec left but Ravens lose w/o Jimmy

Smith. They gotta sign him before Torrey who is having a horrible year in this

offense. QBs are afraid to throw on Jimmy side. Even Big Jen threw his way 2 or 3

times last week and only once or twice vs Cincy. He even helped out on Green

who caught the winning TD vs Brown who fell down.

I posted this on another board.

I just looked at Jimmy's saving TD tackle on Gabe Real. Unbelieveable.

Gabe blows by #25 Jackson who froze a bit on the fake to West on the play
action and cuts to the middle of the field on a double move. Jackson then breaks
to his left the sideline. Elam moves over to the middle of the field but falls down-lol.

Gabe makes the catch. He was so wide open he had to slow down a second to wait for
the ball, catches it, falls down, gets back up he's so wide open, bounces around a guy or two
and runs down the sideline.

Jimmy comes out of now where from the other side of the field and drags Gabe down
from behind and was a little slow getting up perhaps because he was tired and wheezing
at the 10 yd line with #25 Jackson coming up from the rear, too little and too late. Like I
said, they keep going to the other side of the field from Jimmy.

Jimmy saved the game on that one because Hoyer throws a TD soon afterward but
is called back because he is over the los when he threw it. there were tons of
mistakes and penalties by the Clowns that gave us the game which is why we still
call them the Clowns with of course the biggest mistake was Billy being Billy and
missing - AGAIN. West had a penalty on the trick play to Manziel for a long gainer
that was called back but the play was illegal to begin with which the refs didnt
call.

But Jimmy's tackle saved the game. Nope, he's not being wasted and that looked like Cover 2
to me with just Jackson and Elam on Gabe Real.

I'll tell ya man, a 70'' wide screen is the way to watch a game. It's just like being
there. I was at the water hole with my friends and missed the details I just described
until I watched the tape just now.

I stopped going to games after going to every Ravens games for the first 15 years and spending thousands on road games because of bad

lungs. I just can't walk around the stadium anymore or up from the tailgates but the large wide screen TV helps me not to miss it plus

the money I'm saving.

In the near future with guys paying their mortgages for PSLs, fans will begin to drop off and watch on the large screens at home.

Many are doing it already.

I stopped going to games after going to every Ravens games for the first 15 years and spending thousands on road games because of bad

lungs. I just can't walk around the stadium anymore or up from the tailgates but the large wide screen TV helps me not to miss it plus

the money I'm saving.

In the near future with guys paying their mortgages for PSLs, fans will begin to drop off and watch on the large screens at home.

Many are doing it already.

It's truly amazing how we all fell for pal's, I also did it. Indy doesn't have psl' s, Miami didn't and we got dang go seats for Tampa and they don't have them either and the tickets were cheap.

I never bought a PSL and was shocked when Art announced them. He needed more money he was so much in debt. I think Cleveland has them to which shut out a lot of the old faithful fans that couldn't afford them.

I refused to buy them, an old circus trick to pay twice for the same seat but I still went to the games. I

probably sat in every section of the stadium but towards the last few years I sat in the club level. I was paying $100 pr ticket 6 yrs ago there and they are now $300 pr tickets in sec 222 which is on

the 10 yard line. Club level tics on the 50 yd line are twice that. I paid $200 for each ticket for

the 2003 playoff game vs Tenn.

I went to all the games played in Arizona's old stadium. Ravens fans took it over. I walked in and there

were thousands of empty seats so I took a seat on the 50 yd line in the first row. Thought for sure I'd get kicked out but there were no ushers and no one claimed the seat. I asked someone how much were they and he said $50-lol. I said this seat in Bmore would be closer to $500 and he was shocked,

I paid $25. I havent been to their new dome so I'm sure they're a lot more now.

It was the same in JAX and Miami. We always took over those stadiums except for the playoff games

in Miami and the seats were really cheap. In Denver we got tics in the nose bleed for $90 in 01.

We drove out to Denver because it was a week after 9/11 and we were afraid to fly. My friend

had a condo in Aspen but I got high altitude sickness, which is some scary stuff. They sent me

down to Denver in an ambulance which was a 2 hour drive.

Spent the first two days (Thurs and Fri) in a Denver hospital and nobody in my family knew where

I was. My cell was dead and up in Aspen with the rest of my clothes. The doc said, you mean to

tell me you drove all the way out here to go to a football game? I said not just any game but

a Ravens game. He said we'll get you well enough to see them lose.

They finally let me leave late friday but my clothes and car were still in Aspen. My room mate

was bringing them down on Sat. So I walked out of the hospital in one of those gowns wearing

just my pants, money belt and those tote socks.

The cabbie dropped me off to buy a pair of shoes at Payless. The hotel door man wouldn't

let me in. I looked like I escaped from a mental institution. I slipped him $20 to look for my

name on the register and he found it. They let me in but said to stay in my room til the clothes

arrived.

Man, what a trip and that's only half of it.

• Upvote 1

T-bird, last year the Mrs and I drove the 3 hrs south for the Miami game, couldn't get over the ravens fans there, swore we were at the ATM for a home game we paid 48 a ticket, after the game the keys are only 45 miles away, so we stayed there 2 days, I was shocked to read that there was 22000 ravens fans there according to the Miami Herald.

And in two weeks we have 17 people going to Tampa, we qualified for group sales so our 85 dollar a seat tickets cost us 65 a piece, going to be nice visiting Raven James Stadium

I was there and thought there were more than 22,000-lol. Remember the game when the ball was 6'' from the

goal line and Billick went for the FG to tie. Then Stover missed a chip shot in OT and good old CAM beat

Billick with an 80 yard play. Man, it was a long ride home from Miami after that game but the book says you

go for the win on the road. Youre suppose to lose anyway.

Billick was confused and thought it was a home game because all of the purple in that stadium. :nono:

So Billick was the only coach to lose to CAM-lol, and that got him fired. Thing is, the players on the side line

were pissed as hell that Billick went for the tie. They threw their helmets on the ground and every thing.

Billick lost the team then and Bisciotti saw it and fired him. That ball was right in front of me and anyone

in that stadium could have fallen forward for theTD plus he had McGahee.

So there's a rookie QB, Troy Smith who came in when Boller got hurt arguing with Billick on the side line

which took a lot of balls for a rookie to do and Billick said I'm the coach and we do it my way. Billick said

after the game it was just a tough call to make so I took the FG.

#82 - Thanks for the comment, man. Glad you enjoyed the story. Here's another one.

I was in the end zone by the rail in that Miami game and these three gorgeous black chicks walked in and sat next to me. I was like the only guy in the entire row so I guess they were lonely. The one chick started talking about Barnes. She knew all about Barnes so I said why didn't he go to one of the big 3 Florida schools and she said he liked the courses in the smaller school. I'm laughing my ass off like yea sure. He was a high school all american in Miami and couldn't even get in The U.

So I asked the chick how she knew so much about Barnes and she said, he's my boyfriend as she leaned all over me. I was taking pics of the Ravens side line at the time with a zoom lens. When I got home and got the pic, there was Barnes with his hands on his hips looking straight up at me with his girl leaning all over me. Man, he looked like he wanted to kill me.

Nobody believes this story. I went to the last playoff game in Miami on my own. That was the game Reed had that big interception. I sat up top on the 40 yard line. Reed ran to his left but up top we saw the entire right side line open up with nobody there. Reed saw it too and cut to his right and scored in a big win.

Like I said, I was on my own and needed a ride to the stadium. All the rental cars were booked in Miami. I was at the pool and Ravens fans took the place over. Some guys were drinking at the bar wearing their colors so I walked over and said Go Ravens. We all gave each other the hi fives. I bought them all a round of drinks. It was a man and his 3 sons.

Then I asked how they were going to the game and they had a car and an extra seat so the drove me. these were complete strangers. We also went to a cool Ravens pub on Hollywood Beach. Place loaded with chicks to get laid. I go all the way to Miami and get laid by a girl from Baltimore.

So Sunday's the game and the driver said do you know your way back and I said yea, I've been here plenty of times. Well it was like 98 that day and 108 inside the stadium. When I walked out I went the wrong way around the stadium. Someone pointed me the other way and had to walk all the way around again. My ankle swelled up after having 5 surgeries the year before and I was limping.

Three guys were sitting on a pickup and said hey are you lost. I said yea, I'm looking for the orange lot. He said Baltimore is 1800 miles that way and pointed north. I gave him the finger and they jumped off the truck and came at me. I couldn't walk let alone fight so I dropped to my knees and started praying and said Dear Lord if you can get me out of this I won't say or do anything bad again.

Just then a voice said is there a problem here. It was a cop. and I said no officer I was just praying and God sent these fine gentlemen to give me directions to the orange lot. Then a guy on a bike rode up with one of those big seats on the back and said I know where it is and I hopped on the seat and rode off.

The cop rode off and I turned around and gave the guys the finger again.

Anyway, I finally got back and I didn't think those guys would be waiting for me. All the cars on the lot

were gone but there they were. The only car on the entire lot. They were complete strangers but yet

waited for me.

They laughed their asses off when I pulled up on the back of that bike with my t shirt over my head hanging down from my hat looking like a freaking arab in the desert. They said you said you knew your way around. I said the sun must have

gotten to me. Not only that they were barbecuing steak and saved me some. We stayed another hour

eating steak.

But I told them about a big beach party so we went and there were over a thousand Ravens fans with loud music. They said, man, it's a good thing we ran into you. When you're on the road wearing your colors everyone from Baltimore becomes your family - complete strangers take care of you. It's the biggest rush in the world especially during the POs.

Nobody believes that story about the 3 guys but I swear it's true. I never heard that cop drive up, and neither did the 3 guys. They stopped dead in their tracks as they saw him. God sent me an angel to protect me. I really believe that and I hardly deserved it.

T-bird, last year the Mrs and I drove the 3 hrs south for the Miami game, couldn't get over the ravens fans there, swore we were at the ATM for a home game we paid 48 a ticket, after the game the keys are only 45 miles away, so we stayed there 2 days, I was shocked to read that there was 22000 ravens fans there according to the Miami Herald.

And in two weeks we have 17 people going to Tampa, we qualified for group sales so our 85 dollar a seat tickets cost us 65 a piece, going to be nice visiting Raven James Stadium

Enjoy the pirate ship. When my friend went to SB 35 I asked which stadium was better and he said theirs.

It has he pirate ship.

:bow:

Another friend sat a few rows under the ship and the broadcasters called the game from up there. So my friend turned around and yelled hey Ditka, what do you think of that defense now and he shrugged his shoulders and she meh.

Ditka always was a prick and hated Bmore because he's from West Penn. Screw him.

Back in Denver, I really had my probs in that hotel. After the game all the guys in my group went to this big

steak house. Only prob, the cheapest meal was $100. Now I had $1,000 on me but I never pay $100 for

a meal so I sat there eating nothing. One guy suggested snake which matched my personality. That was

only $80. So my roomie said I'll take you to McDonalds afterwards but they were closed so I went up to

the hotel restaurant which was closed.

I went over to the bar to get something to drink and the bar tender walked away from me because I was

wearing my colors and he was pissed because they lost. Elvis beat them for crying out loud. There were 3

Denver fans sitting at the end of the bar and I said hi - nice game wasn't it. They ignored me. The bar tender

came out and I yelled at him to come over and he went back into the kitchen.

So I left but as I got on the elevator and as he door closed the guy at the end of the bar yelled f.......u......

So I went back up and walked in and you should have seen his face. They were all laughing at me til I

showed up. The bar tender went back into the kitchen. I said did you say something to me as I went down.

I was in the elevator and couldn't hear it. He said nothing. I yelled, now say that to my face and he said

nothing. I laughed at them and walked out.

The next morning I complained to the manager and he said you weren't served because you started a fight.

I said fight? All I said was nice game. How is that starting a fight. I said I'll write about this and sent a letter

to the president of the company. Told them they shut me in my room and wouldn't help me get new clothes

when I had the cash, then they wouldn't serve me because I wore my colors.

He sent a letter of apology back and gave me a coupon for a free night at the hotel. He fired the bar tender

and reprimanded the manager. Man, I hate that town. I was so happy when Seattle beat them in the SB

and especially when we beat them in the POs and Manning threw the pick to Corey and Tucker won it.

Man, I hate Denver.

I love Miami.

Nice post! :thumbup:

Yes! I love my 55" HD TV for football. I freek over how vivid everything is. I could watch grass grow.

and the Redzone channel. Scott Hanson is THE BEST

Well the tv is here all hooked up, and I've been lied to for the past 14 years. I was always told plasma is the way to go so I've had a plasma tv since 2000, well this time we received a 52" LCD, goodgooglymoogly the clarity is UN real switched to the skids game Thursday night, now I can truly hate them in HD. Edited by cravnravn

Back in Denver, I really had my probs in that hotel. After the game all the guys in my group went to this big

steak house. Only prob, the cheapest meal was $100. Now I had $1,000 on me but I never pay $100 for

a meal so I sat there eating nothing. One guy suggested snake which matched my personality. That was

only $80. So my roomie said I'll take you to McDonalds afterwards but they were closed so I went up to

the hotel restaurant which was closed.

I went over to the bar to get something to drink and the bar tender walked away from me because I was

wearing my colors and he was pissed because they lost. Elvis beat them for crying out loud. There were 3

Denver fans sitting at the end of the bar and I said hi - nice game wasn't it. They ignored me. The bar tender

came out and I yelled at him to come over and he went back into the kitchen.

So I left but as I got on the elevator and as he door closed the guy at the end of the bar yelled f.......u......

So I went back up and walked in and you should have seen his face. They were all laughing at me til I

showed up. The bar tender went back into the kitchen. I said did you say something to me as I went down.

I was in the elevator and couldn't hear it. He said nothing. I yelled, now say that to my face and he said

nothing. I laughed at them and walked out.

The next morning I complained to the manager and he said you weren't served because you started a fight.

I said fight? All I said was nice game. How is that starting a fight. I said I'll write about this and sent a letter

to the president of the company. Told them they shut me in my room and wouldn't help me get new clothes

when I had the cash, then they wouldn't serve me because I wore my colors.

He sent a letter of apology back and gave me a coupon for a free night at the hotel. He fired the bar tender

and reprimanded the manager. Man, I hate that town. I was so happy when Seattle beat them in the SB

and especially when we beat them in the POs and Manning threw the pick to Corey and Tucker won it.

Man, I hate Denver.

I love Miami.

Man I love to hear these "other city" stories. I can well imagine the whole entire city of Denver crying after we came in their house and wiped away their football dignity. Baltimore boys don't play.

Man I love to hear these "other city" stories. I can well imagine the whole entire city of Denver crying after we came in their house and wiped away their football dignity. Baltimore boys don't play.

Yea I had a great experience in Indy, they were nice folks, even went to the blue horseshoe sports bar, no one piece of memorabilia or photo on the walls of OUR Colts, I was impressed with that.

Miami is Baltimore south, this will be our first trip to Tampa in two weeks, can't wait to put up some pics of the place where we first won a RAVENS super bowl

We tried to get into the horse shoe bar in the last playoffs. That was the game after Ravens beat NE 27-7 or something and I

thought we were going to the SB then but Indy killed us.

Anyway, we tried to get into the place and the line was about 2 miles long of Ravens fans so we never made it in.

We went to an Indy bar that was supposed to be an Indy party but there were nothing but Ravens fans in there too.

I always keep cash around because I never know when I'm gonna travel. Someone might call and say lets go to Vegas

or NY. So on a Fri night I get a call at 8 pm as I was walking out the door to go to a party. My friend had an extra

ticket on the 50 yd line in the club level. His wife was sick and couldn't go.

So by noon the next day I'm on a plane to Indy after partying all night. We land at 3 and get a rental car and go

directly down town to the parties and then the game. Didnt get to bed til like 3 am.

Then we got into the car to pay our respect to old man Irsay. It was weird. You drive into the cemtery and signs are

all over the place saying rewards for vandals. We finally found the grave but cops were all over the place. There was

a plains clothes cop pretending to be mourning at the grave next to him and an unmarked car at the top of the hill and

another one at the bottom of the hill.

There were 3 of us but nobody got out of the car. I said shit, man, it's a set up. They're waiting for us. Seems like

every time there's a Ravens game the cops are by the grave. It's the most heavily guarded grave in the country.

Fans on other boards always laughed at that story until someone pissed on Art's grave and nobody liked it but a long

line of Ravens fans went out to Indy to do the same long before. It was funny then.

One thing is for sure, the grave is in an appropriate place, on top of a hill over-looking the slums of Indy. I just

can't understand him going out there. The town is a dump, a truck stop, nothing in it. People out there are bored

to death.

My nephew went to a college in Ohio about 2 hrs from Indy and he said everyone from there leaves the town

as soon as they graduate. His best from was from Indy and came back here with him to escape. He said

it's the most boring place in the world. Irsay always said he could make more money staying in bmore.