ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Final 5 games for the AFCN

Tornado700

It's pratically a statistical tie for all teams. Let's look at the rest of the season. Ravens have the easiest shedule with three at home. Bengals have the worse shedule with three away games and have to play Pitt. twice. The Browns have to beat us at home on the last game. If it comes down to them or us, I'm taking us every time. This division is ours to take folks.

Meaningful games in December. That's every fans dream and once again the Ravens are in the thick of it.

A loss against the Saints would have been crushing because there is little wiggle room with 5 games left to play. The heat is on every team in the North...and for the ton on contenders for the 6 playoff spots.

I think the Ravens need to win out to be guaranteed a spot. 11-7 will get them there too.

So Sundays game against the Chargers is huge because they are a serious rival for a wild card.

Start thinking tie breakers.

Just ride this wave...I feel real positive about Sunday, I've maintained for years a west coast team coming east for a one o clock game doesn't bode well. Just a couple of weeks ago Miami hosted San Diego and shut them out 37-0. I don't expect the ravens to shut out the bolts, but a beat down would be nice since they have what we want, a playoff spot..

Read the whole article and smile.

From Stan the Fan...

That leaves us with the Ravens and how I see them finishing. Don't take this the wrong way; the purple and black of 2014 are, at this point, a ways off from being a great team. But I just happen to like their schedule and, most importantly, how they match up versus three key opponents the rest of the way: the Chargers, Dolphins and Browns.

For me, the Ravens won a must-win game in New Orleans. All of the scenarios I have now make the home game against the Chargers Nov. 30 their latest judgment day. I see the Ravens beating San Diego rather easily. I then see Baltimore going into Miami on a roll, and can see the Ravens winning a hard-fought game versus the Dolphins Dec. 7. I base that on the pedigree John Harbaugh-coached teams have.

That leaves the Ravens at 5-0 in their last five games, winning the division and finishing at 12-4.http://www.pressboxonline.com/2014/11/25/are-the-ravens-about-to-run-the-table

Stan is not a "Blue Sky Homer Fan".

I know. That's why what he wrote, feels good to the fan in me. :gorave:

I'm not convinced yet. I still see a 10-6 finish. We are just too inconsistent. I will be delighted with anything more than that. I just hope 10-6 will be enough for the playoffs and well anything can happen then.

I know where you are coming from. There are quite a few inconsistencies.

The O line looks great against the slappies but struggles against the bigger physical D lines. This affects the running and passing game, time of possession, field position.

How often does the offense go 9 for 13 on 3rd down?

Then there's the red headed step child.

I think everybody would be feeling great with a healthy Jimmy Smith.

I'd be thinking deep into the playoffs.

But...that is not reality.

I'm not convinced yet. I still see a 10-6 finish. We are just too inconsistent. I will be delighted with anything more than that. I just hope 10-6 will be enough for the playoffs and well anything can happen then.

I will be doubley convinced at 4:30 Sunday when we close out november 3-1.

It's pratically a statistical tie for all teams. Let's look at the rest of the season. Ravens have the easiest shedule with three at home. Bengals have the worse shedule with three away games and have to play Pitt. twice. The Browns have to beat us at home on the last game. If it comes down to them or us, I'm taking us every time. This division is ours to take folks.

I look at the raod games as problematic. Also don't discount Cle. They have lots of talent and they are getting better.