ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If Joe Flacco

cravnravn

Don't count Mason in yet, I don't know if we bring him back honestly he seems to be wanting too much dough and we now have a guy who can go over the middle well. Still, we've got weapons, this Ravens offense is Fantasy friendly all the sudden :)

Can throw for 3600 yards while his #1 WR is constantly double covered, what do you think he'll throw for now with Stallworth & Boldin & Mason in there?

4600 yards + 30 TD's

If we get Mason back or sign Bryant to be our #2, I can see 3800-4000 yards and 28-30 TDs being a realistic goal for Flacco. Remember, we have a great offensive-line and a Pro Bowl runningback as well. By the way, Rice said his goals for the upcoming season are to win NFL MVP and win a Super Bowl. The pieces are certainly in place.

If we get Mason back or sign Bryant to be our #2, I can see 3800-4000 yards and 28-30 TDs being a realistic goal for Flacco. Remember, we have a great offensive-line and a Pro Bowl runningback as well. By the way, Rice said his goals for the upcoming season are to win NFL MVP and win a Super Bowl. The pieces are certainly in place.

4000 and 30 would be insane numbers, considering where we were 5 years ago. If Flacco produces like that, we're looking at a 14 win season.

Not that he will...

4000 and 30 would be insane numbers, considering where we were 5 years ago. If Flacco produces like that, we're looking at a 14 win season.

Not that he will...

You're usually the optimist, Spear. What kind of numbers are you thinking of? 3800 years and 25 TDs? If Joe gives us a QB rating over 93 or something like that, I would be happy with his progression.

You're usually the optimist, Spear. What kind of numbers are you thinking of? 3800 years and 25 TDs? If Joe gives us a QB rating over 93 or something like that, I would be happy with his progression.

Well, Kurt Warner had 3700 yds and 26 TD this season. Last year he had 4500 and 30 TD. And obviously we don't have Fitzgerald or Whisenhunt's offense. So let's assume it's going to at least be less than that...

Well, Kurt Warner had 3700 yds and 26 TD this season. Last year he had 4500 and 30 TD. And obviously we don't have Fitzgerald or Whisenhunt's offense. So let's assume it's going to at least be less than that...

The way I see it is that Joe threw for 3,600 and 22 this season, and with all the drops and missed passes he probably could have easily had 25 TDs (off the top of my head both Heap and Mason dropped a gimme pass in the endzone, and Flacco missed a wide open Clayton on that long ball in the Bengals game). That is why I see 3,800-4,000 yards and 25-28 TDs as realistic.

That also doesn't include the games where the teams used three guys to bracket cover Mason, knowing that the other receivers on this team absolutely could not get open. ESPN spotlighted it several times.

But it does include games where Flacco was throwing against JV teams, so it balances out.

Not really. He'll be throwing against some JV teams next season, too.

Last year was an especially bad year for a lot of teams, though. I don't think we'll see this many horrible teams for a while. Even Cleveland got better towards the end, and Detroit, Chicago, KC, etc. can only get better.

Last year was an especially bad year for a lot of teams, though. I don't think we'll see this many horrible teams for a while. Even Cleveland got better towards the end, and Detroit, Chicago, KC, etc. can only get better.

The fact that they can, or are trying, does not mean that they will. There is such parody in the NFL that (just like anyone can make a deep playoff run) anyone can have an awful year out of nowhere. Maybe those teams will get better, maybe they won't. Maybe the Bengals, Giants, Cardinals, Panthers, or some other team that lost guys or look to be on their way down or outplayed expectations last year will hit rock bottom in 2010.

The simple fact is that there are always teams that will be worse than others in a given year, and you cannot discount statistics in one year against what a player can get in the next year simply because of that.

But it does include games where Flacco was throwing against JV teams, so it balances out.

Honestly this has to be the most retarded thing I have ever seen you post on here. We had a very tough schedule which was absolutely highlighted during every playoff broadcast. And every team in the league plays some cake teams throughout there schedule. You're telling me that Warner seeing the seahawks twice a year and the Rams twice a year doesn't inflate Warner's stats???

Cmon man, I like your posts most of the time cuz you're not afraid to explore the "other side" despite unpopularity, but really. The NFL is one of the most balanced leagues in the world. That's where the phrase any given sunday was born.

Inevitably you will attempt to defend your position rather than go....I guess I didn't think of it that way, good point.

20 of 32 teams posted an 8-8 or better record. Last year was the year of balance. If you add the 7-9 teams to it, 23 of 32 teams were competitive. Often the 7-9 teams are just a few points away from being 9-7. There's no way competition was down. For a select few it was, but let's look at the teams that were 5-11 or worse.

Browns - played em twice, fair enough

Raiders - played em once, fair enough.....they did beat the Steelers, Philly, Cinci, & Den. Two playoff teams and a 9-7 team and 8-8 team. The team was obviously able to stay competitive somehow.

Wash - Did not play

Det- played em....no defense there...they're just straight bad.

Tampa - Did not play

Seattle - Did not play

St Louis - Did not play

If anything Warner had just as much or more opportunities against cream puff opponents and had by faaaarrrrr more weapons.