ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Mason to remain a Raven

cravnravn

Instead of drafting of TE, have we all given up on Davon Drew??

He couldn't beat out Lame J Smith and a converted LB for a roster spot so not holding out much hope for him.

That said, he makes the roster and we still need another TE. Jones and Smith were not resigned. Jones will probably get signed after the draft depending on what happens.

I dont know if he "couldn't" beat him out moreso than he couldnt be of help on special teams ala Krugger..The brass must see something in him to have placed him on the practice squad.

Davon Drew was a wreck. He showed up to training camp completely out of shape and he flunked his conditioning test. If you remember we tried to IR him but he wanted none of it, so we released him outright. The Dolphins actually signed him to their roster, but then released him for the same reasons: he was lazy and out of shape. That is when we signed him back to the practice squad. Drew has a lot of natural talent: he is strong and already a good blocker, and the athleticism is there for him to develop into a good pass catcher. However, his head is just not in it. As far as I am concerned, Drew is a non-factor and lost cause until he proves us otherwise.

No, it's bullshit. We have been very successful. Very few teams can win a championship, that can not be all that is used to measure success. VERY FEW TEAMS have multiple stud WR's. Just the fact that we now have Boldin who can command a double team will open up our Running game exponentially. The step up from 0 WR's to 1 WR is a bigger gap then the step from being a team with 1 Studs to a team with 2. Is this all sinking in?

Nope, still flawed and illogical on your end...guess, we will just agree to disagree on this one!

See Preston's post in Sun today...supports what I am saying. I'm not saying you have to go WR in 1st found but if it BPA then ya have to! Why reach on someone else if you still need a young WR to groom with Joe and learn behind to savvy vets like Mason and Boldin? It just doesn't make sense.

Championships aren't all that measures success, but it sure is a big piece of the puzzle for measuring success...

If you are okay with our WR corps resorting back to mediocrity after the 2010 season and wanna re-sign people the likes of Clayton then so be it...thank God you aren't the GM...that's all I gotta say about that!

I'm tired of all this we should draft this position. As far as I am concerned, I want players who can come in right away and make a Michael Oher or Ladarius Webb impact right away. If we get guys like that, I don't care what positions they play, our team will be much better! Get me Ravens! Oher wasn't the BPA, we trades up for him. I want targeted players like that, players that Ozzie and DeCosta single out as players that fit what we do. If that player is a WR, fine. If that player is a kicker, so be it. I want Michael Ohers, Ladarius Webbs, and Ray Rices.

Nope, still flawed and illogical on your end...guess, we will just agree to disagree on this one!

See Preston's post in Sun today...supports what I am saying. I'm not saying you have to go WR in 1st found but if it BPA then ya have to! Why reach on someone else if you still need a young WR to groom with Joe and learn behind to savvy vets like Mason and Boldin? It just doesn't make sense.

Championships aren't all that measures success, but it sure is a big piece of the puzzle for measuring success...

If you are okay with our WR corps resorting back to mediocrity after the 2010 season and wanna re-sign people the likes of Clayton then so be it...thank God you aren't the GM...that's all I gotta say about that!

We will benefit more from drafting another position unless that WR is BY FAR the BPA, which won't happen when you look at the pass rushers and DB's on the board, so this argument is pointless. My point is we got that one stud WR now, which will show itself to be a huge addition. Adding another WR really won't have that much of an impact IMO, while adding a player at other positions could have a huge impact for our team. There's no way you deny that.

We will benefit more from drafting another position unless that WR is BY FAR the BPA, which won't happen when you look at the pass rushers and DB's on the board, so this argument is pointless. My point is we got that one stud WR now, which will show itself to be a huge addition. Adding another WR really won't have that much of an impact IMO, while adding a player at other positions could have a huge impact for our team. There's no way you deny that.

Sigh...I mentioned 4 people that I would take over a WR in a heartbeat! I don't wanna do it again. But you can't tell me that Benn or Tate are not rated higher than Patrick Robinson or Devin McCourty. This draft is so deep that I really think we should just trade back to collect more picks! There is so much value in 2-3 round it's unreal! Unless a gem falls to us at #25 (like a Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Michael Oher...) then we should entertain trading back for value and to collect more picks to target more of our needs!

I agree with Cleetz this is on the verge of annoying. Get great players regardless of position...but we definitely need to target some key positions (in no particular order) TE, DL, CB, WR, and interior OL...