ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Cheer Up - Ravens still get in

TBird

Dig this:

6. Baltimore Ravens
Current record: 9-6 | Weighted DVOA: 22.0 percent (5)
Total playoff odds: 54.8 percent | Super Bowl odds: 2.0 percent

San Diego currently holds the No. 6 seed in the AFC thanks to its head-to-head 34-33 win over Baltimore back in Week 13. If the Chargers can win in Kansas City, they will take the final AFC playoff spot. The problem is that this requires winning on the road against a Kansas City team that also still has a shot at the playoffs and is actually the superior team according to DVOA. (Kansas City is ninth in weighted DVOA, San Diego only 18th). The Chargers only win that game about one-third of the time in our simulations.

The Ravens, meanwhile, get a home game against a crumbling Cleveland team with huge quarterback issues. We have the Ravens winning that game 80.7 percent of the time, and that's enough to make Baltimore, not San Diego, the true favorite to win the final AFC playoff spot.

All ye of so little faith-lol.

You dudes worried about Clowns? Come on man.

Ok, here's something to worry about and since yoos are worry warts think about this.

A possible matchup of Kruger the Beast vs Hurst at RT. Wagner is on the IR, the 18th Raven to go on that list.

That means Kruger lines up vs him and will be breezing by him. That's because Kruger has 10 sacks this year, most

of his career after 4.5 sacks last year - his first in Cleve. HARBs better not leave Hurst on an island like Sunday and

in Indy.

Yanda did move over to RT when Wagner went down so they can put him there again and move Urschel up to RG.

However, it is possible that Monroe is injured too and might not play so Hurst goes to LT.

Kruger the Beast will follow over.

I'd rather win and end the season 10-6 than get into the playoffs and lose to the Steelers. We are just too beat up. It isn't our year. We are close, another offseason to adjust to the new offense and getting more weapons and we'll be ok. The Steelers were a .500 team for two and a half years after Arians left and now are finally putting it all together. We'll get there with Kubiak provided we get some good receivers (although we've never developed complete receivers, so I am skeptical of this to an extent).

Good point about Squeelers. We probably lose up there but we still should get the right to go up there and try. I just watched Bahama's Bowl where HARBs

used to coach and Central Michigan had the ball on their 25 with 1 sec left. They threw a bomb and guy catches it at mid-field. He's about to get tackled

and laterals it off to guy behind him. He's about to get creamed and he pitches out several yards to guy behind him who scores - 49-48, W. Kentucky.

Announcers are saying it goes to OT with the extra point but the QB trots out to the field. They are blown away. QB throws a jump ball and it looked like

guy was gonna get it but misses and they lose 49-48.

Point is, you just never know what's gonna happen,

Ravens won't lie down like they did in Houston, that's for sure. I want the Squeelers.

I always want to make the playoffs. I'd rather make the playoffs and lose the first game than to miss them.

Either way 10-6 sounds so much better than 9-7.

Yeah color me dumb for not being convinced that we will win after not showing up for two straight weeks and with us having a terrible secondary. I'm such a worry wart!

Edited by Spen