ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Sceptical/Not Comfortable

vmax

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/03/gaither_needs_work_to_be_better_than_average.html

Hows come nobody posted this one??? Thats right, Preston is a Dickhead, hes graduated from Dick, Hes now a full fledged..

Gaither is a FUCKING BEAST!!!! Losing him would be like losing JO in 96..The Ravens are playing with fire not getting him locked up, long and NOW..

Crav, I couldn't agree with you more about Preston.

Anyway, if I was Gaither I wouldn't have turned up for voluntary work without a signed contract whether that was his tender or a new long term deal. The fact he has done so shows his commitment to the team. What would happen if god forbid he got a career threatening injury while working out at with the Ravens before he had a contract. Does the offer get pulled and he gets nothing? I have to commend Gaither for this commitment. Credit where credits due.

I hope we sign him long term and he becomes a perennial pro bowler at LT and forms part of the best O-Line in the league.

I don't see why everyone is in a hurry to move Oher to the left side. He is a beast on the right side.

Because they wrote a book and a movie about him.

If you believe everything you see and read then Will Smith prevented the end of the world by uploading a computer virus into an alien mothership only for the world to end through a natural disaster in 2012 anyway!

Fact is, Oher is great on the right, not so great on the left (yet). Might as well keep it that way until his pay day comes in 4 years time.

So we shouldn't move Oher to the left because we're not paying him enough?

No we shouldn't move Oher to the left because we have Gaither and if Gaither gets his contract he will be paid as a LT. Oher is on a rookie contract that is favourable in value. In 4 years he will be looking to get paid like a LT. Then you have the problem of choosing between Gaither and Oher. Likelihood is you can only afford 1 of them.

Money will be a factor then but it isn't now. Fact is Gaither is the better LT now and I would like to see it remain that way.

No we shouldn't move Oher to the left because we have Gaither and if Gaither gets his contract he will be paid as a LT. Oher is on a rookie contract that is favourable in value. In 4 years he will be looking to get paid like a LT. Then you have the problem of choosing between Gaither and Oher. Likelihood is you can only afford 1 of them.

Money will be a factor then but it isn't now. Fact is Gaither is the better LT now and I would like to see it remain that way.

It still kind've sounds like you're saying we should base a football decision on who is making more money. Why can't Gaither be the RT?

It still kind've sounds like you're saying we should base a football decision on who is making more money. Why can't Gaither be the RT?

As mentioned he doesn't want to play there. And why should he? He is the best LT on the team.

I'm not basing the football decision on money at this point. I'm in favour of keeping Gaither at LT and Oher at RT because that is where they are best at the moment.

The problem is in the future the decision WILL become about money because of the Cap assuming it comes back in the next collective bargaining agreement. At that point the Ravens will have to make a decision on keeping 1 of them because they can't pay 2 OTs on the team LT money and that is what they are going to demand.

Now obviously they are going to pick the one they want and pay him and let the other one go, but that decision can be delayed for another 4 years in which time we can hopefully develop a RT.

Now obviously they are going to pick the one they want and pay him and let the other one go, but that decision can be delayed for another 4 years in which time we can hopefully develop a RT.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the "one they want" is going to be Michael Oher. Just a hunch.

I want both of them. The Ravens haven't had much luck at RT over the years...lot's of misses with an occasional short term hit.

Nobody has jumped on Gaither yet so his value is not in the J.O. stratosphere....maybe a mid-range LT contract would be enough for him.

Then there is a very good chance that somebody won't get the LT they want day 1 of the draft and make the Ravens a good offer. It would have to be good because they do not have a true RT on the roster if Oher moves to left. They have "wannabees".

That's not the kind of line they want and need. They need to get out of the pattern of bringing in extra blockers on passing downs.

Plus, I think Ozzie has the line that he wants. He won't get off it easily.

One Fine Day...this 5 man line needs to consistently pick up the blitz and stunts on their own without all the extra help.

Lose Gaither and they remain stuck in that pattern.