ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2010 Orioles Gameday Thread

Wigginton gets hit in the hand with the ball while sliding into 2nd; the out counts but prevents a double play. sheesh. Why send Reimold down for Patterson? Why not let "the Crow" teach a youngster out of his slump? and anyway WHO CARES stick with Reimold and give him the same chance we already gave Patterson. I don't get it. This team is nowhere from anywhere, just give some of our guys a chance to work through things instead of pulling strings as if the Orioles were a couple of moves away from respectability...

Because if you're overmatched, you're overmatched. And going back down can help that. It clearly helped Bergesen, even if it was just one start.

I guess so; but I would think a hitting slump is better dealt with at the level of competition, while pitchers need time to refine techniques against lesser competition. Maybe I'm wrong on that; or maybe Reimold was never major league material anyway and they were holding a place for Patterson, or whomever?

I mean... I'm always mixed on the subject too. Patterson was hitting 380 against minor league pitching... but he's a guy with how many years of major league experience? He should rake down there.

Luckily, Patterson has actually continued it up here.

Sometimes, and I think they believe it to be the case with Reimold, it can be a mixture of a confidence issue and mechanics issues. And facing lesser competition certainly helps your confidence and gives you more of an opportunity to pay attention to mechanics.

Who knows. If Pie was still around, we wouldn't even necessarily be having this talk. Or it might be more about Adam Jones - though, he's finally swinging a half-decent bat. Like Luke.

I still feel way too awkward having Patterson on this team. It just doesn't feel right. Are we going to sign Gibbons next? Bigbie?

Failed projects are one thing, but bringing them back is just awkward beyond belief.

Nevertheless, he's definitely fit in so far. Hope like hell that it continues...

I mean... at some point you need a guy that can stand in and we didn't have anyone else.

What's Tejada? A guy we traded at a time when he was far less popular and seemingly on his way to being far less productive than ever before... and 2 years later, here he comes.

I know that we needed him (that's disgusting to say), and I'm not saying that I totally hate the fact that he's on the team. It's just weird.

Definitely weird, probably why I reacted the way I did to hearing of Patterson (let's just GET ON WITH A DIFFERENT TEAM ALREADY and bury everything that had anything to do with that ugly recent past, maybe even Roberts...; 'EXCEPT CROWLEY OF COURSE') next thing ya know we'll have Raffy as 1st base coach

Brilliant game by Guthrie.

Trembley again went to the mound, talked to a pitcher (Guthrie) and let the pitcher make the call.

Bats were hot. Patterson has been unbelievable in the field and with the bat. Scott has 3 straight multi-hit games.

Clutch hitting was at least somewhat in existence.

And to top it all off... I believe that we are now 10-8 since our most dismal of starts. Keep the underachievers coming!

And to top it all off... I believe that we are now 10-8 since our most dismal of starts. Keep the underachievers coming!

you can say that about Seattle & Cleveland, but we also went 5-5 overall during the Boston-NYY-Minnesota stretch. Oakland is .500, and the Nats are seemingly improved as well, so the O's will have to play well before the next 9-game AL east stretch.

So Choo finds the hole, gets the RBI base-hit; Gary just said he is like .370 WRISP this year? bad timing, and now the tying run at 2nd...

...uh, now the go-ahead 3-run HR... *sigh*, and on an 0-2 pitch... ugh.

Horrible; just horrible.... The Tribe bats around in the 9th, gets 8 runs...; not even done yet. Gruesome. The O's went from up 2-0 to down 8-2 in one inning. At least Wiggy and Matusz looked good in this, cuz noone else did.