ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2010 Orioles Gameday Thread

yep, that's why I really didn't even watch much after the Flyers/Rangers game came on. It's going to be difficult (for me at least) to watch any baseball at all until NHL playoffs are done, and by then the O's might be 20 games back already. Sure looks like that's the pace they're on.

Well I found a way to listen to both today; the O's have been holdin' around 14.5 games back (where they are now) but in a few weeks they should (schedule dictating) be at 20 or so back, when the Habs/Hawks/Flyers/Sharks are given the Cup.

Damn, great bunt then nice steal by Patterson, and he gets to 3rd on Markakis' sac fly. What's up with Jones batting 7th? They've just been moving him all over the place...; is it just Wiggington batting hard?

And here's Ty Wigginton being Ty Wigginton... for all he does with his bat, he can be a pain...

Top 1st... Soctt Posednik attempts to steal 2b... huge jump, no chance?... No. Wieters makes a beautiful throw, has Posednik easily... except Wigginton drops the tag IN FRONT of the bag instead of on Posednik. Hand slides in before Ty can reset.

Posednik scores later in the inning from third instead of, you know, being OUT.

Izturis gets a bunt hit, that ball jump up and stopped dead on the grass. What is that like 6 infield base hits so far in this game? crazy... now we have runners at 2nd, 3rd with 1 out, no excuse not to tie it up here... let's see if wiggington's bat shows up when we need it to, now that Markakis has been walked to load the bases with 1 out...

...edit: nope, swinging strike 3; Tejada's turn...; called strike 1, just like with Wiggy, down & away, stared at; and...

1-1 count...fouled back, 1-2 now to Miggy...just thought of that, Wiggy and Miggy, pretty gay...; and a weak looper to 2nd,

GAME OVER.

Wigginton's bat will never show up when it's needed...

That's 2 strikeouts tonight with a man on third and less than 2 outs.

And 2 RBI on ground outs.

If you're the 3 or 4 hitter, you better be able to put the ball in play every time in those situations.

So he pretty much gave up a run in the first and then failed to deliver twice - though, once Miggy saved him. But 1 out, bases loaded? No excuse for not scoring.

Unless of course you're the O's

here we go again; millwood pitching well but with no run support. This guy's gonna get pissed soon, I hope. Greinke is great, but the O's have done well against him in the past. WTF how about scoring some friggin' runs???!!!

I would be totally remiss not to mention my appreciation for the new Attman's Deli in the Warehouse, I totally took advantage of that last time I was at the Yard; a cloak-n-dagger is SOOOoo much better than a dog or chicken tenders.... It's not as good (less variety, not as quality) as Lombard street, and is more expensive, but still so tasty.

Damn, if Miggy's throw didn't bounce to Wieters that would have been a (clear) out. Man, KC strings together 4 base hits, running on 2 outs gets them up 2-0. sigh..., and --- DAMN what a bunt! 3-0 KC --- of course Millwood had been pitching great....

well, at least Millwood won't get an L, and his ERA should drop..., or, not go up much...

... and, we're going 'extrees' at thu yurd

... and now, Simon, the literal master of disaster the other night, is out on the mound....

... and, gives one up the box, KC has the 1-out go-ahead on 1st...KC's road unis are kinda goofy lookin'...

Patterson looks like Desi Arnaz crossed with Obama...

He's kept us in the game... (I can hear something going on on the scoreboard, Mario Bros. music, is it the Crab dance? DAMN that stadium is quiet)

Dude, Izturis was NOT safe at first! The foot was down! IT WAS DOWN!!!

ahem, I don't care; now Markakis gets the hit, lugo scores, and the O's win a game....

Millwood must be just shakin' his head...Now to Sharks v. Blackhawks...

Second smallest announced crowd in Camden Yards history.

KC fans too cheap to come out for a fat Attman's sammich; maybe we should import some beef ribs and KC masterpiece, like on that MASH episode...

Maybe that'd bring the closed midwesterners out to the yard... it's late, I'm hungry...

really, flirting with record-low attendance is saying something..., like the umps could probably hear my belly grumbling from section 358...

I try to get back into this thing called "Baltimore Baseball" Its amazing how this knucklehead cant get quality players to come here. the McFail project is failing, Roberts is 32 and needs back surgery (the warehouse just wont admit it) Adam Jones is, I dont know a one year wonder, so theres no legit 3rd baseman, SS or 2nd basemen on the squad, LF is so-so, Markakis is great when there are no runners on base..So the entire McFail project has produced Weiters.

Wasnt it about 4 years ago the Petey and Flannigan claimed it would be 2011 before we would see results? Not buying it, or is Angelos sick and wont be around next year, caus thats what its going to take to turn this around, him out of the picture.

And these attendance figures are a joke the O's are making up, Monday night, they announced 9,700 in attendance, I doubt it was half of that.

"Cla"? what the heck is that? couldn't the O's afford the "y"? A submariner at that; nice getting out of the inning, though, and we again have a chance to win or blow a close won, but the starter again has no chance after pitching well...

edit: my jinx must be working, "cla" got the L; how about Izturis (of all people) getting the 3 RBI and the Rangers winning on a sac fly? ughh...

OMMFG Atkins has another solo home run for the O's; they're last in the league in hitting with RISP, they probably have disproportionately more solo jacks than most teams, meaning they're probably way low in OBP. I haven't checked alot of stats, but that would make sense to me...

Yet another solid starting effort is wasted; WTF...

According to the post-game show, Bergeson is only charged with 4 ER, so he doesn't get the loss...who does? this stuff confuses me. Hendrickson? this bullpen is truly distressing...

Yet another solid starting effort is wasted; WTF...

According to the post-game show, Bergeson is only charged with 4 ER, so he doesn't get the loss...who does? this stuff confuses me. Hendrickson? this bullpen is truly distressing...

This loss is completely on Trembley. Pulls Berken after 1 batter and puts in Hendrickson to get the lefty matchup...lefties are hitting .333 off Hendrickson and only .194 off Berken. By far the worst manager in baseball!