ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2010 Orioles Gameday Thread

The Orioles won! The Orioles won. Oh my god the Orioles won!

Yes, in fact they did two things in doing so. Got RISP home (at least a few of them), and got a save-situation wrapped up for a win. And a win for a starter, no less. They of course had to make it interesting, but I'll give them credit. WIN #3 !!!!! Woo-HOOO! Over the Sox too!

Actually, technically Jim Johnson got the win - not Hernandez, because the O's never took the lead until the 10th.

Still... take anything at this point.

Rhyne Hughes is my new favorite Oriole.

That is definitely something to be proud of, Millz, and not just because of the standard "city schools are awful." Obviously some can be extremely difficult, but others are extremely impressive. And, of course, lots of good things have started to happen there in recent years - even if not Alonzo is a bit of a ego.

I'm in my first full year at a local Catholic high school. Started mid-year, even... and my AP class takes its exam in just two weeks. AH!

You mean you started mid-year of SY08-09, or this year? Anyway, best of luck! With the Baltimore Archdiocese in such financial straits, hope your situation is viable and enjoyable. I taught AP Calc at Patterson High school for 5 of my 7 years there (let me tell ya, I've never stretched it as far as with those classes, not exactly Stand and Deliver, if you get my drift), but the school I've been at the last 3 years (small BCPS charter high school called Independence, located in Hampden) is too tiny to have, at this point, a viable AP course, and also we don't exactly serve students who fall into the college-prep track as typically viewed.

anyhoo, I think I'll start a teacher thread in gen chat for commiseration and catharsis. Maybe our non-O's posts here can be moved...

0-4 this season at home with me. Then again, just 1-8 right?

Pathetic.

My buddy had the 13-game mini-plan last season (sunday games) and the O's won 1 of them I think...

I'm actually going to the 1:35 game v. Boston this Sunday (thanks to one of his free tix), missing game 2 of Pens/Habs...

I love the Yard, even the team, but it is hard...

I disagree... I mean, if I am Trembley I may have done a FEW things differently... but not many.

I was right behind the O's dugout and yelling at him when he seemingly wanted to take Ohman out, but he left him in. Good move.

He pinch hit for Tatum at the right time.

The only switch I would have made would be to pinch hit for Scott in that dismal 8/9th inning at bat.

I disagree... I mean, if I am Trembley I may have done a FEW things differently... but not many.

I was right behind the O's dugout and yelling at him when he seemingly wanted to take Ohman out, but he left him in. Good move.

He pinch hit for Tatum at the right time.

The only switch I would have made would be to pinch hit for Scott in that dismal 8/9th inning at bat.

Don't know what he was thiking here letting Luke bat, should have been Wieters pinch hitting. Glad we could pull out the win though and get the sweep!

Well... you never should get too ahead of yourself... but if you do bat Wieters there, you have to make the switch at catcher right then (end of inning)... or you can't pitch hit for Tatum later because Wieters would not be allowed out of the DH role.

But again, plenty of options, even Montanez, when all we need is contact. Luke needs some serious time off like Gonzalez to get his stuff right.

Nice game today, Millwood pitched great, we had some great defensive plays, and I always love seeing Red Sox fans hang their head (it's not often at the Yard, but sweeeee-eet). I got hella sunburn in section 358, even though the sun was outta my way by 2:30 or so.

post-307-12728548406_thumb.jpg

I watched all 3 games and besides really enjoying it, I was very happy for the hard core, loyal Orioles fans and for the players because they've been through hell.

Let's see what happens tonight against the Stankees.

I got one hell of a burn too, Millz... down in sec 28, right by the dugout. Sun was scorching us all day - just no protection.

But soooooooooooooooooo worth it.

1-4 this season. haha