ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

NHL Playoffs

millz58

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three games have been hard fought entertaining games.

Yes; speaking of entertaining, and in particular game 3, roughly half of the record VS. audience for game 3 were in either the Chicago or Philly area. But where were the other 1.7 million? hmmm...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2010/news/story?id=5248681

I had to take a class to spell and pronounce his name correctly... but... "Byfuglien" (?) was awesome, hammering Pronger, being around the net, contributing in every way he could... . Blackhawks are that much closer to their first cup in generations...

Pretty great game and good series. I would not have been surprised if the Blackhawks swept the Flyers, I really do think they are much better, but not only did the series go 7 games all but one game was really close.

Weird winning goal wasnt it?

Pretty great game and good series. I would not have been surprised if the Blackhawks swept the Flyers, I really do think they are much better, but not only did the series go 7 games all but one game was really close.

Weird winning goal wasnt it?

It only went 6 games, right? Hawks won in Philly to avoid game 7; still great series, and yeah a totally weird goal by Kane to win it, I was driving down I-895 listening to the overtime period on XM and even the Chicago broadcasters had no clue what was going on. I was happy to see Toews get the Con Smythe.

I have a buddy who is from Chicago and he went to the parade. Said about two million people were there... wow! Hockey is really starting to catch on. Lets hope Ovi, Nicky, and co. can bring us a parade next year.

Chicago is an original 6 team, they should have that kind of popular support. And they have been long-standing at that. And how about Marian Hossa, finally getting the ring after being with Detroit last year and Pittsburgh the year before? But really the 'Hawks' story is all about Niemi, Keith, Toews and of course Bufyglien. And Sharpe. all pieces just waiting to be formed into the puzzle. And oh my god, the Q-Stache, probably the biggest enigma of all. Now even moreso...

I do feel good for Hossa. It just came out that he was playing on a sprained MCL for the Cup finals as well.

Yeah, not surprising, alot of guys play through serious injuries for the sake of the cup (Maxime Talbot did it last year with the Pens, a shoulder injury if I remember correctly). Tough mofos, those pucksters. And yeah, 3rd time's the charm for Hossa, he suffered some media and popular scrutiny for team-jumping, buy hey, many other beloved characters did just that to chase immortality (I think of Ray Borque, Joe Thornton); good for him.

Ray Bourque was the ultimate feel good story. The guy played 20 seasons for the Boston Bruins and never won a Cup. Then when he does request a trade knowing he did not have much time left, he requested one to the Flyers. The cool part is that former Bruins' GM Harry Sinden had Bourque's best interests in mind and told him "This may not be your first choice, but this is the team I feel is best," right before trading him to the Avalanche. The rest worked out like a happily ending movie.

That is truly cool, I didn't know that part about the Flyers being involved, I only knew I saw Borque in the "bigfoot" blue and burgundy and I was like "holy shit", but that was the Av's year and I was happy for Ray. He was truly one of the greats.