ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

NHL Playoffs

millz58

Sick to my stomach. I was afraid to comment on any of the games (I'm a Caps fan) because I could just see it coming. I even felt uneasy being up 3-1.

Disgusting.

GOOD!!! FUCK Pittsburgh, Fuck Anything Washington..

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Habs win, I didn't see it cuz I was at the Yard; but Montreal seems to be frustrating Crosby and Malkin like they did Ovechkin and Semin; if Staal can play and the Pens lose depth down the middle, Montreal could make it really tough on Pittsburgh. Then again, Crosby seems to be able to regroup and figure out how to progress through difficulty, as does Bylsma. I will have to wait until Thursday afternoon to know the outcome of Tuesday's game and prep for game 4, but I wouldn't be suprised to see the Pens staring at a possible 3-1 deficit going into next weekend. But I've been wrong before...

Sick to my stomach. I was afraid to comment on any of the games (I'm a Caps fan) because I could just see it coming. I even felt uneasy being up 3-1.

Disgusting.

GOOD!!! FUCK Pittsburgh, Fuck Anything Washington..

Why would you post that? You cheered for the Steelers so hard in the playoffs a few years ago you added Steelers pictures in your signature.....

Nice Habs win, I didn't see it cuz I was at the Yard; but Montreal seems to be frustrating Crosby and Malkin like they did Ovechkin and Semin; if Staal can play and the Pens lose depth down the middle, Montreal could make it really tough on Pittsburgh. Then again, Crosby seems to be able to regroup and figure out how to progress through difficulty, as does Bylsma. I will have to wait until Thursday afternoon to know the outcome of Tuesday's game and prep for game 4, but I wouldn't be suprised to see the Pens staring at a possible 3-1 deficit going into next weekend. But I've been wrong before...

I dont think either team played very well. Overall both seemed a bit off. Luckily for the Habs Halak, Gionta, Gomez, and Cammalleri showed up.

So I wouldnt worry much if I were you. It was big winning a game on the road. Since the Habs haven't been home since the game 7 in Washington, I expect the fans to have fun in Montreal Tuesday.

Good games last night. The Sharks come back from 3-1 to win in OT and take a commanding 3-0 lead.

The Penguins win 2-0, one an empty netter, in what was probably the Canadiens best game of the series. Fluery really showed up. Only part I didnt like was the Penguins goal was scored when Gill and Gorges, the Habs two best defensemen were int he box. Gill grabbed hold of Crosby and should have been, but Crosby grabbed and turned him 15 seconds before with naturally no call. Then seconds later at the end of the second Crosby was on the ice bitching at the refs and Gorges skated by and probably said something. Crosby whacked him with his stick and a scrum ensues. Who goes to the box? Not the one who whacked another player.

So that helped set up the winning goal. Gill and Gorges watching from the box.

Not meaning to bitch but in the series Crosby has punched Cammalleri in the back, broke his stick over Halaks goal with him in net, then continued to skate with the broken stick, now this all with no call. 95% of the other players in the league get called for those things. Its not just Crosby, but the star players get treated differently than the others and thats not right IMO. Those players are great, they don't need a separate set of rules. Same thing with NFL QBs IMO.

So the lesson for Gorges is if Crosby instigates anything, skate away like a sissy because you'll go to the box and he wont.

After a rough start The Blackhawks continue to handle the Canucks. Lots of Canadians will be unhappy because on TSN and CBC a lot of analysts thought the Canucks could win it all. I want Luongo's publicist. For years he has been "the best goalie in the world" even though he had won nothing until the Olympics. Its not all his fault, and I actually like him, but he has gotten a free pass for years and hasnt been great in the playoffs.

Nice effort in the win by Philly, but its probably too little too late.

Its not just Crosby, but the star players get treated differently than the others and thats not right IMO. Those players are great, they don't need a separate set of rules. Same thing with NFL QBs IMO.

I didn't see that game (I got back from my trip just in time to watch Thursday's game) but I agree star players (like Crosby) do tend to get away with stuff that others get nailed for. I don't like it it all. Anyway the Habs are doing a great job against Crosby and Malkin, and seem to be pretty steady, while Pens seem to be getting a little frustrated.

I'm a bit surprised at how SJ and Boston have handled their respective series, but I'm totally cool with those teams in their conference finals.

Good game. Congrats.

Besides the score I have no complaints about the game whatsoever. I think both teams got away with just about anything they wanted but it was called evenly so that was good.

I thought both teams played well, the Habs just couldn't get much past Fluery even when there were rebounds.

If Gill is out the Habs are further screwed.

yeah, pretty clean game, great goaltending by Fleury (he seems to do this during the playoffs' later stages, ratcheting it up), I was happy to see how guys like Letang and Gonchar contributing when Crosby and Malkin were not (at least in terms of points). I think back to last year this time, when similar things were happening against the Caps, particularly Letang in game 7. "role" players stepping up... So again, the bell center will be rockin' tomorrow night.

I can't believe I'm seeing Vancouver up 3-0 right now against Chicago, but hey they've got heart and have done to screen Niemi in the O zone, while playing fairly conservative defense. Will Philly go quietly vs. Boston tomorrow night? I guess not, with Gagne back and the Bruins missing Kreijci; but I'd like to see Pens v. Bruins (my wife and I will possibly be at odds here.) That is of course, over-reaching in assuming Pens get past the Habs... .

I feel good for SJ getting into the Western Conference finals, even more with Vancouver looking to push it to game 6.

Why would you post that? You cheered for the Steelers so hard in the playoffs a few years ago you added Steelers pictures in your signature.....

Huh?? Come on Spen

Didn't you? Correct me if I am wrong but didn't you for some reason really want the Steelers to win Bettis's last season and didn't you sport a Steeler picture in your signature?

Nice game so far tonight, I didn't get outta the bathroom until after Cammelieri's goal (I was thinking "geez don't let that guy get started") but was happy to see Crosby finally bang in his first of this season. Malkin seems as active so far this game as he was on saturday; Gill's out, but Spacek is back, so we'll see how MTL's defensive efforts against Crosby pan out. I like the dude Letestu that Pittsburgh brought back, after only seeing 10 games or whatever during the season; also very happy to see Rupp being an active body.

Wow, nice deke by Letang on the fake to Guerin, got one off of/by/over Halak. Very anticlimactic after Halak's great job on the first PK.

edit: and that after the defensive end TO that gave Cammaleri (sp?) his goal; this is so eerily similar to that game 7 last year against the Caps, Letang was the goat early (defensive zone mishap led to a Caps' goal) and then the eventual game-hero (OT winning goal). Weird.

Man, what a turn of events, late-waving-off of an icing call that would've favored pittsburgh, haphazard line changes as a result, now a penalty against Pens. At least the Pens will get a breather during intermission; but if they don't survive the first 1:30 of 3rd period, let alone get a tying goal in the first 5, it will probably be Habs taking game 6. Remarkable, it's like Montreal totally seized momentum and control of space, after Pens had controlled in their offensive zone the first 35 minutes of the game. Missed opportunities, some frustration setting in, hopefully Bylsma will be able to get his team refocused, calmed, on point. we'll see, but Montreal's in a great position right now, home crowd rocking, still "playing with house money".

Meanwhile, in Boston, the Flyers lose Boucher, put in a goalie (Leighton) who was just cleared yesterday, face a 3-1 series defecit, but are ahead 3-0 thanks to that punk Hartnell getting his first goal of the playoffs, and a goal by Gagne, who they just got back on the team. I didn't think going into this game the Flyers would go out quietly.

pens survive opening minutes of Habs PP, have opportunities on their own PP but couldn't cash in, now have to go back on the PK; interference? didn't see it that way, was that on Cooke? *sigh* looked like a reasonably clean challenge, but I didn't see a replay yet...

edit: pens do kill the penalty; meanwhile Gagne makes it 4-0 and has his second goal, wants to carry the Flyers back to Philly for game 6

Lapierre puts Montreal up 4-2, and now I really hope the Pens fight through these last 8:30; probably too late, they're not getting the bounces even when they're getting good shots on goal.

Great game by the Habs, nicer effort late by the Pens, but too little too late...

Game 7 in Pittsburgh, Wednesday night!

edit: will Luongo and the 'Nucks be able to duplicate Montreal's feat, win tomorrow night at home vs. Chicago and force game 7 on the road? hmmm...

I am pretty amazed with the Habs. With a depleted defense corp they keep trying. If PK has not been as solid as he has been, it would have been over already.

Cammalleri's second goal was a beauty. I bet I spell his name differently every time I type it.

Penguins kept coming and had me worried at the end. Game 7 should be fun, and nerve wracking!