ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

NHL Playoffs

millz58

I'll admit I've only paid a sideways glance to this next game, but the Blackhawks are takin' it to the Sharks, even though SJ just scored to make it 3-1 Chi'town; Marleau's shot was an awesome 1-holer past Niemi BTW. top-shelf indeed. but, if Chicago manages to take this BACK home up 2 to 0, then I think it's Manifest Destiny for the 'Hawks, maybe about to do what they were supposed to do and should do soon, win a cup.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow Chicago's up 3-1 on SJ after trading 9 shots apiece on goal in the 2nd period, 20 minutes coming for the Sharks to decide if they'll stay competitive or succumb to their "history"... of not living up to the expectations of...?

edit: BTW WHERE THE HECK ARE BOYLE, THORNTON AND ESPECIALLY PAVELSKI? HENHH???????!!

Okay, challenge for some (non-hockey person) to pronounce the name of this Blackhawk: "Byfuglien"

I fully admit I had NO IDEA how to pronounce this, and yet was surprised to know it was simply like B_ _ _ _ _.

edit: Captain Toews is truly kicking ass, coming into the prime of what hopefully be his team's best year...

I will issue a warning, especially for 'Hawks fans... HOSSA IS CURSED...

coming from pens and 'wings fans alike...; it's amazing to watch these guys skate and fight and compete, they look like focused zombies, so compelled yet machine-like, who's gonna break? holy shit now hjalmersson (or however it's spelled) gets a slapper past Nabokov, and christ it'll be a home meal for the Blackhawks on Thursday. Chi up 4-1 now on SJ.

Looks like Chicago means business. And so does Philly. So, remembering Rocky III, the prognosis...

"PAIN". Like Clubber Lang said, should the current scenarios holdout, and the Flyers face the 'Hawks....

Clubber v. Rocky...

So the Q-Stache will have (only the 5th) 2-0 road-victory-start of a playoff series in Blackhawks' history?! awesome, and original 6 team making some headway to advancing to the finalsss....... anyhoo, I still want a SJ jersey.....

I will issue a warning, especially for 'Hawks fans... HOSSA IS CURSED...

coming from pens and 'wings fans alike...; it's amazing to watch these guys skate and fight and compete, they look like focused zombies, so compelled yet machine-like, who's gonna break? holy shit now hjalmersson (or however it's spelled) gets a slapper past Nabokov, and christ it'll be a home meal for the Blackhawks on Thursday. Chi up 4-1 now on SJ.

LOL and didnt Hossa create the turnover that scored the 4th goal! You momentarily uncursed him!

The Blackhawks are a really good team, fast and skilled. I probably only saw a handful of their games this season before the playoffs so I didnt notice as much.

LOL and didnt Hossa create the turnover that scored the 4th goal! You momentarily uncursed him!

I seem to have that effect with my proclamations...

Really, the 'Hawks are playing quite well right now, as are the Flyers. I couldn't predict right now who will go to the finals, but a Chicago-Philly Cup Battle would be cool.

That photo is cool, I can't imagine what it must've looked like in person.

Good game tonight. The Sharks played really well I thought, but they still lost. I think its all over in the west Sunday.

I think whoever makes it in the east gets steamrolled. But you never know.

Yeah it looks that way. I couldnt watch the game yesterday, but I taped it. Because of the outcome I havent watched any of it. I hear the Habs were good the first 10 minutes, then awful the rest.

The Blackhawks are rolling.

Yeah it looks that way. I couldnt watch the game yesterday, but I taped it. Because of the outcome I havent watched any of it. I hear the Habs were good the first 10 minutes, then awful the rest.

The Blackhawks are rolling.

I was running around alot yesterday, only got to listen to bits of the game on XM204, it seems Halak is now "human", and the Flyers are looking to end this series at 5 games tomorrow night. Leighton has posted 3 shutouts this series, unreal.

The 'Hawks are looking great, Niemi had a 95% save mark this series, and generally looks quite comfortable. Norris trophy winner Duncan Keith took a puck to the mug, lost a few teeth. I really think Philly/Chicago would be a great finals, both teams have alot of talent, hot goalies, toughness. The Hawks seem to skate better and have more coherent offense, but the Flyers are more aggressive and physical.

I watched most of game 4 last night. Halak was good or it could have been much worse. The two goals he let up were defensive collapses. Giroux's was really nice.

Not taking anything away from him but Leighton's shut outs have been pretty darn easy. The Habs had 17 shots Saturday, most from a safe harmless range. They were awful. You have a journeyman like Leighton playing against you, you need to pepper him with shots and get in his face. They didnt, they had no fight at all along the boards. It was embarrassing.

That was a big 5-3 PK by the Habs, keeps it 3-1 into the 3rd period. There's still life for Montreal, and Philly's momentum faded in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd period, so Montreal can breath, regroup, focus...

Well, nice run by your Habs, Spen; sorry it had to end. I'd much rather have seen an original-6 matchup, and not another chance to see ugly Bobby clark highlights from the broad street bullies era Flyers archival. I do think however that Philly brings a more fitting opponent for Chicago, they blackhawks have not really been challenged in this playoffs yet, I think they will be in the Finals.

Kind of bummed but I am not surprised after the last game and the first two. The Flyers pushed them around and won most of the battles. It was fitting the the empty net goal was touched but not controlled by three separate Habs on that rush.

I'm pullin' for the Blackhawks, I do think they have the strength and experience to prevail. The Flyers do as well, but I gotta root for someteam closer to my home... . It's that close...

I'm pullin' for the Blackhawks, I do think they have the strength and experience to prevail. The Flyers do as well, but I gotta root for someteam closer to my home... . It's that close...

I want the Blackhawks too. I think they can and will win if I had to guess. I hate the Flyers, not because they beat the Habs. Just always been one of my least favorite teams along with the Leafs and Bruins.

I want the Blackhawks too. I think they can and will win if I had to guess. I hate the Flyers, not because they beat the Habs. Just always been one of my least favorite teams along with the Leafs and Bruins.

aren't all of those three teams Hab-haters? I guess Montreal has had so much success in their history that most teams in the league would have run afoul of them at least once, but Toronto, Philly and Boston seem to have more than the average level of animosity with Montreal, even in the eastern conference?

I'm wondering (off-hand) how long burke can maintain in Toronto having sub-par seasons...

I dont know how much animosity is between the Flyers and Habs for most fans, I just dont like them. No where near the level of hatred it is for Bruins and Leafs. Lots of history between the Leafs and Habs and Bruins. Just in the time I have followed them the Habs have had two big upsets in the playoffs against the Bruins, one coming back from 3-1. That builds anger :)

The Leafs mainly bug me because of the media. I get NHL Center Ice and especially the games on CBC its such a heavy Leafs bias its ridiculous. Its like watching the game on Leafs TV when the two play each other, or when anyone else plays the Leafs. Up until two years ago the main game on Hockey Night In Canada was always the Leafs, no matter what other matchups and playoff implications were. Then ratings go down and they switch it up a bit. Now only 80% of the main games are. On Hockey Night In Canada its not uncommon to hear play by play like "Phaneuf passes to Kessel who moves up the ice and dishes to Colton Orr but its intercepted by a Canadiens player who passes it to another one who moves around Phaneuf and passes to another Canadien". etc

I so much prefer the games on TSN.

Plus no matter who sucks and who is good in a given season, Habs Leaf games are almost always close and hard fought. Thats a good kind of hate. Fun.

I honestly dont remember where my dislike of the Flyers came from. I'll keep it though. Its all good, I like some teams, hate some, and am indifferent about most. Works for me.

I'm ready for the finals to start!

Wow, Flyers are gonna get a goal on review, yet the fans were BOOING! when the play stopped and review was coming...philly phans are bizarre...

edit: Hartnell gets credit for the goal, he's had a great game; this game has been pretty damn entertaining...

Kudos to Philly, great win; Briere, Hartnell and Giroux were great tonight; this game was frenetic and generally entertaining, and now the series will be crazy in game 4, with the Flyers looking to tie it up at home. Chicago played well also; Philly was more crazed.