ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Tray Walker

vmax

CB.

2014: Played in 11 games, registered four interceptions. 2013: Played in nine games and made one interception. 2012: Played in nine games with two interceptions.

PRO DAY RESULTS
40-yard dash: 4.53 and 4.54 seconds
Vertical jump: 32 1/2 inches
Broad jump: 10 feet, 2 inches
Short shuttle: 4.3 seconds
3-cone drill: 6.8 seconds
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS Outstanding height and length. Played press coverage and would grab and lock down receivers off the line of scrimmage, preventing them from getting into routes. Possesses good ball skills. Attacks throws at high point and has the hands to finish with interceptions. Steps downhill against the run and does his part.
WEAKNESSES Tape shows lack of make-up speed. Will need help over the top on the next level. Extremely raw with very limited technique. Relies on length and needs to show growth and improvement with his ability to mirror from man coverage. Average transition quickness and feet in general.
DRAFT PROJECTION Round 6 or 7
BOTTOM LINE Very tall press cornerback with the length to disrupt and stymie weaker wide receivers. Walker's traits will have NFL teams extremely interested, but with a lack of deep speed and a great deal of growth and experience needed, teams might decide to play a waiting game on him and see if he's open as a priority free agent after the draft.

His short shuttle and 3 cone are decent, fyi, the best time, (which shows quickness) was 3.95 by a running back, 3 cone, which also shows ability to change direction, best was 6.42 by a wide receiver for reference. Still a reach for a project, practice squad player, maybe a special teamer...

I disagree. This is a pick I really don't like. It was not only a reach but a long one. He was listed as a 7th round or UDFA so why take him in the fourth?

Because Ozzie and company had a long hard look at their secondary last year and he is way better than the guys he was finding at the greyhound bus station who are currently on the roster.

At this point in the draft the "experts" have no clue as to who is any good for the NFL.

I trust the Ravens scouting department and their board. I don't think Ozzie would reach.

At a small school level against car wash receivers. He is a long shot to make the team at this point ....

I disagree. He'll be competing against car wash DB's. :bleh:

At a small school level against car wash receivers. He is a long shot to make the team at this point ....

Looking at the depth we currently have on the team at CB, no way we'll cut a fourth round pick. After Smith, Webb and Jackson, I'll take Walker over anyone else we have.

Even if he sucks in camp, we'll find a way to IR him before cutting him.

Looking at the depth we currently have on the team at CB, no way we'll cut a fourth round pick. After Smith, Webb and Jackson, I'll take Walker over anyone else we have.

Even if he sucks in camp, we'll find a way to IR him before cutting him.

They will likely keep him IF he can play special teams well enough, other wise, unless he surprises me and I do hope I am wrong, practice squad for him.

He was a reach but that doesn't necessarily mean he's a bust. Have to see him play. But I still think they could have gotten him in the 6th or as a UDFA.

Overall, though, I think we had a great draft. We'll know more at the end of pre-season.