ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Crabs and oysters will get very expensive this yr

papasmurfbell

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, its a good thing I dont own a gun cuz if I did I would blow my brains out. Just lost $15000 in would-be income. After eating BP's shit for 2 months on my claim, getting bounced from adjuster to adjuster who all claim to be the actual adjuster assigned to my case, I was denied.. First one looks over my claim letter and asks for the copies of my invoices, and any 1099 and W2s from 07 08 09. So I fax them. Wait a week and then get a call from next adjuster who wants copies of the checks I was paid, Got that. Fax them over. wait a week, next adjuster calls and wants a signed letter from each of the people who contracted my company to unload their crabs and distribute them to local buyers. I got all that, but she doesnt want them faxed, she wants them mailed. Do that. Then she calls back and wants paperwork showing who sent the crabs and who bought them and in what quantities. So i mail a bundle of over 300 pages of printed out excel files and what not. Two weeks later (this morning), get a call from my NEW adjuster, a real asshole, he comes right out and tells me "Unfortunately your not in the range of claim payments, we are only paying people who live within 25 miles of the oil, you live where? In Glen Burnie, Murrelind. Yeah we cant pay that because you're not directly affected by the oil." Here I am just left the bank, paid an overdraft fee because I could barely get the rent together because Im so effing broke because of what???? THE OIL SPILL!!! but no Im not affected at all. F BP. They are doing everything to duck out on paying. All my business associates in the industry have lawyers handling their claims, guess Im going that route now.

No gun in the mouth tricks 52, my neighbor just did that last month, the cleaning crew was there for 14 hours...........

I cant believe BP has done that, you need to contact your congressman for your area, you mean to tell me if you lived in Shreeveport La you would be denied because its more than 25 miles away?

Alright, so I talked to a lawyer from Pascagoula MS. He is saying that my claim is not officially dead. Its still open, however at the current time BP is only paying those on the "front line". He said BP is saving face by paying all the local waterman first since they are the ones on the 5 oclock news bashing BP the hardest. He said the new guy in charge of running the claims is saying that they are still unsure whether claims will be paid out via the BP claims process or through individual claims in the court room. He said it could be 6 months before I see a penny, and in all likeleyhood they will still try to find a way to not pay me. Un real. He said my case stand a good chance since I have so much documentation and I just have to wait for the politics of the whole situation to resolve. What a crock.

Obama was so quick to make them set aside 20B but he never told them they actually had to pay it out.

Yeah BP is trying to save money by running people around. I also love how they have most of the oil. That is BS. That dispercent has the oil under the water washing around.

Yeah, thats another Problem the lawyer said I face. He saying that since the new static kill operations went smooth and they keep telling everyone the oil is evaporating that BP will now try to downplay the effects of it. They dont realize the main season is done. May-early september, we already missed june and july and getting into august now. The chance to make any profit this season is over. The damage is done, my crabbers got shut down on jun 3.