ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Crabs and oysters will get very expensive this yr

papasmurfbell

Oh dead lord, its in the Lake. Lake Ponchatrain is the biggest lake in LA. Its where the best tasting, heaviest crabs in LA are generally caught. Its where hundreds of bushels a day are caught. Where tons and tons of jobs are provided. God help them. If they shut the lake down, which they already have, those BP claims are gonna go through the roof.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First video is a huge disappointment... just another in a long line.

Second video ... it's harder to make any real judgment. It doesn't look like dumped sand to me - aside from the fact that it's a big operation to dump sand in that manner and someone would have seen it. And it's also hard to tell how 'deep' back into the beach the oil goes. Those patterns in the sand look like normal tide patterns (or at least common patterns you can see from the tide). Entirely possible that the tide created those kind of rivets and then the newer oil is being pushed into the underside, but that it is not actually an entire beach. But, just thoughts. And hopes, really.

The only thing is that now they are making people stay away from operations. They are threatening arrest if people get near the cleanup. So if they closeout to the press pump sand ontop of the oil and hope nobody notices.

yeahp. Thats about it. Everyone is shut down. Anyone of you guys ever eat at Obrycki's? 90% of their crabs come from the lake. There is probably 4 or 5 big time crab packing facilities on the lake, ALL are shut down. This is unreal. No one down there thought it would be in the lake THIS fast. This is a major blow to LA.

Ive ate at Obrycki's many of times..

Im going to be very select when ordering crabs, oysters and shrimp for now on..Now if the oil moves south and intereferes with Florida's best kept secret, the rock shrimp, I'll be ticked.

That woman was loud and annoying in that video. I would of told her to get out the way too. She was breaking the privacy off the people in the ambulance. She has rights the ask questions, and they had the right to not tell her.

Ive ate at Obrycki's many of times..

Im going to be very select when ordering crabs, oysters and shrimp for now on..Now if the oil moves south and intereferes with Florida's best kept secret, the rock shrimp, I'll be ticked.

there's no reason to fear eating bad seafood. They have scientist testing every body of water in the state every single day. If there even a .0001 percent chance of contamination the area is closed for fishing. And besides, what seafood business is actually going to tell you the truth where they get their crabs and shrimp? I always tell people our crabs are locals. Even before the spill! Thats what customers want to hear. You put a LA crab right next to MD and 99 times out of 100 they cant tell. I can though, the color of the white on the bottom, the cleanliness of the shell, the algae on the legs, the way the shell protrudes upward, the length of the points, the hardness of the shell at the points. No two crabs are exactly alike! Continue buying LA seafood people, you are preserving the national economy at least for another month.

The cop has no right to push her down the beach. They are trying to keep this whole thing secret. Now that we are hearing about all the people who died from the Valdez spill someone has to keep on BP.

Yes, he does. There is no legal right to film or interfere with police, fire, or medical personnel. The fact that it's public property means nothing.

As Kev said, she has the right to ask questions, and they have the right to refuse to answer them and summon authorities to keep her from interfering.

The company is hardly British anymore. It's as British as most "American" companies are American.

Meanwhile... the containment caps were only catching, what, 10% of the oil?

Someone should have told that stupid lady if she wanted to help put down your damn camera, grab a rake and pick up some tar balls. Standing around narrating ideas of what might be happening to someone in an ambulance is retarded. I wish that cop would have clubbed her once or twice

Nice to know you are looking forward to a fascist nation.

Boy the 4-5 day claim process they keep mentioning on the news is crock. Here is how my process is going

Call the number for the claim office and tell them a little about your situation and they give you a claim number

Then you have to fax them AND mail them a letter from yourself, a letter from your employer, your 08 and 09 tax returns, and a giant photo ID.

Then you wait, and wait and wait for the adjuster to call you. Then you explain everything all over again. Then you wait for him to check all your paperwork, call your employer, blah blah.

Then you wait for the check, which is where I am. Should be worth it, adjuster didnt give me an exact figure but I think I'll be getting roughly 3000 a month. Thats what I said I am losing, that figure is exaggerated since I am still actually working, but hey, when the entire industry gets shut down in a few weeks Ill be out of a career so they need to compensate me.

NOw they are undercompensating people who filled out the paper work wrong. They are doing nothing to make sure the info is right.

They called the owner of the one company I filed for to verify my employment and salary. Of course my boss just lied for me and said I make more than do and said Im working less than I am. I am starting to think I should have a lawyer handle the claim I am going to make for the company I started in march. Apparently I can claim the current job I have and then another claim for company I own. So two claims are gonna be in the works. I dont feel guilty for doubling up on em'. Next tuesday will be exactly 3 months of them pumping millions of gallons of oil into our fisheries. They got pay because come october I am gonna be on unemployment again looking for somewhere to use my college degree. You have no idea how useless a bachelors degree in business administration is. Its so general that any decent 40-60k job wants someone more specific. They want an accounting degree, finance, HR, they dont want BA

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south+scotland-10645909

Senators seek BP Lockerbie bomber probe

The US Secretary of State is considering a request to examine whether BP lobbied the UK to try to secure the transfer of the Lockerbie bomber to Libya.

Hillary Clinton is looking at the request from four senators who claim the firm pressed for the release in the hope of securing an offshore oil deal.

Abdelbaset al-Megrahi was released on compassionate grounds last August.

BP has denied making any representations over his case.

Related stories

US calls for bomber release probe

Lockerbie bomber advice defended

Lockerbie response 'disjointed'

Earlier this month senators sought a probe into how the release decision was made.

The latest request cites newspaper reports claiming BP lobbied for Megrahi's release to safeguard an oil exploration deal off the Libyan coast.

That has been denied by the company.

One of the senators, Robert Menendez of New Jersey, said the current Gulf of Mexico oil disaster highlighted shortcomings at BP that made the allegations over Lockerbie more credible.

Oil spilling

"Americans have seen the evidence in the Deepwater Horizon disaster and it seems to show that BP is capable of putting profits ahead of people," he said.

"They ignored safety precautions and low-balled the estimates of oil spilling in the Gulf.

"If that's how they operate then it is within the realm of possibility that they put profits ahead of justice in the murder of 270 innocent people."

Another of the senators, Chuck Schumer of New York, called on the company to freeze its project in Libya, pending an investigation.

"If BP is truly dealing in good faith and has nothing to hide, it should co-operate with such an investigation," he said.

"So should the British government, so should the Scottish government.

"The companies should not be allowed to profit on this deal if it was facilitated at the expense of the victims of terrorism."

'No representations'

A prisoner transfer agreement (PTA) was agreed between the UK government and Libya in late 2007.

BP has confirmed it did press for a PTA because it was aware that a delay might have "negative consequences" for UK commercial interests.

However, it said it did not express a view about the specific form of the agreement which was a matter for the UK and Libyan governments.

It added that it had not made representations over the Megrahi case, which was solely a matter for the Scottish government.

Megrahi was released from Greenock Prison on compassionate grounds by Scottish Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill last year.

The Scottish government said BP did not lobby its ministers, and insisted Megrahi was released on compassionate grounds alone.

Now they are into helping terrorists. BP is falling apart.