ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens release 1st depth chart of the year

vmax

Lots of competition at WR! Smith and Aiken are locks at starter, and obviously Perriman makes the team. Beyond that you have Camp, Waller, Brown, Carter and Butler all vying for three, maybe four spots max. Unfortunate that Brown is injured, but Waller and Butler are making strong cases to make the team.

Also wonder who the fourth CB will be. I've read that Pointer has had a solid camp. He's competing with Melvin, Asa Jackson, and Tre Walker. I'm guessing Walker is a lock to make the team because of where he was drafted, so Jackson, Melvin and Pointer are competing for one spot, maybe two if we go with only three safeties.

Lots of competition at WR! Smith and Aiken are locks at starter, and obviously Perriman makes the team. Beyond that you have Camp, Waller, Brown, Carter and Butler all vying for three, maybe four spots max. Unfortunate that Brown is injured, but Waller and Butler are making strong cases to make the team.

Also wonder who the fourth CB will be. I've read that Pointer has had a solid camp. He's competing with Melvin, Asa Jackson, and Tre Walker. I'm guessing Walker is a lock to make the team because of where he was drafted, so Jackson, Melvin and Pointer are competing for one spot, maybe two if we go with only three safeties.

Typically they keep five, sometimes and some teams keep six. So let us play the numbers game.

With Aiken (locked), Brown & Butler who all have experience, the same height, and basically the same type player, I think only two of them stick, with Butler likely the odd man out if it comes down to those three.

Camp, Carter, Robinson, Nelson, are the same type player, small, quick more than fast.

The rest are camp bodies for the most part with Darren Waller, likely headed to the practice squad along with Robinson.

so that is;

1) Smith sr

2) Aiken

3) Periman

4) Brown

5) Butler/Camp

Currently I think Camp has the lead only because of his return-ability, which Butler lacks. Now, will Carter or Asa Jackson beat out Camp for the return position? Kickoffs are easy, punts, not so much. This may be where Jackson gets the edge on the roster at corner.

This may be the most difficult roster for the Ravens, certainly under Harbs, to have to make.

How many offensive lineman will they keep this year?

They have a very good crop with experince, some, capable of playing both guard & tackle or guard & center. Will this be the year we finally get rid of Jah Reid? :mask:

Camp is the odd man out in my book, Waller is physically too imposing for him not to make the team. SSS, Perriman, Aiken, Brown, Butler, and Waller. Camp can't stay healthy and his role in the offense would be putting him in the slot where alot of his contact is going to come from Lbers. he's not going to last long, thats what his history tells us. i'd prefer using SSS in the slot, him and Camp are similar in size but SSS is not fragile like Camp, or putting Butler or Aiken in the slot both are 6-2 220 so they could take the pounding better. I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal out of this Camp guy, we haven't seen enough of him to warrant all of this praise.

Typically they keep five, sometimes and some teams keep six. So let us play the numbers game.

With Aiken (locked), Brown & Butler who all have experience, the same height, and basically the same type player, I think only two of them stick, with Butler likely the odd man out if it comes down to those three.

Camp, Carter, Robinson, Nelson, are the same type player, small, quick more than fast.

The rest are camp bodies for the most part with Darren Waller, likely headed to the practice squad along with Robinson.

so that is;

1) Smith sr

2) Aiken

3) Periman

4) Brown

5) Butler/Camp

Currently I think Camp has the lead only because of his return-ability, which Butler lacks. Now, will Carter or Asa Jackson beat out Camp for the return position? Kickoffs are easy, punts, not so much. This may be where Jackson gets the edge on the roster at corner.

This may be the most difficult roster for the Ravens, certainly under Harbs, to have to make.

How many offensive lineman will they keep this year?

They have a very good crop with experince, some, capable of playing both guard & tackle or guard & center. Will this be the year we finally get rid of Jah Reid? :mask:

We kept seven receivers after final cuts last year:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Make-Final-Roster-Cuts/16a5e3f7-82fe-4b60-9908-0e23a4346d79

I think we keep six this year with the talent we have. I think Marlon is the man out, and Carter is on the practice squad.

We kept seven receivers after final cuts last year:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Make-Final-Roster-Cuts/16a5e3f7-82fe-4b60-9908-0e23a4346d79

I think we keep six this year with the talent we have. I think Marlon is the man out, and Carter is on the practice squad.

True, but last year was an aborition of sorts, they were all so young and inexperienced (they kept five the previous years). I do agree, I think they keep six this year, the talent is just too good. I am not sure they want to go into the season with 2 wide outs who have no NFL game experience, but who knows.

Carter is an interesting one, with his quickness, he is a perfect return man. Now if he can hanlde the job I think he makes it the roster over Camp.

Can't wait to see Davis....

Upon his visit to the Under Armour Performance Center, MMQB's Peter King said Ravens coaches are most excited about third-round defensive tackle Carl Davis, calling him "Mr. Versatile."

Now with defensive end Brent Urban going down with a torn biceps, the Ravens may need even more from Davis in 2015.

"He has to contribute this year," Defensive Coordinator Dean Pees said. "I don't think he is going to; he has to. We're expecting him to.

"He's getting better and better all the time. Like I say, [he has] a long ways to go; we all do. We're far from being where we need to be, but at the same time, he has increased reps, because he deserves to get increased reps, and he's doing well."

The 6-foot-5, 320-pound Iowa product has been running with the first- and second-team defenses. He's stepping into multiple positions across the defensive line.http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Need-Production-From-Raw-Rookie-Carl-Davis/9220e291-51f0-40de-9486-9ffdceb2c9c9

Can't wait to see Davis....

Me as well. But I am hopefull of Dino Nuggets (Deangelo Tyson) making a big move this year. He showed flashes last season with a quick first step, good power. Like the offensive lines, the defensive line has the potential to be very special this year.

My question is how can Aiken be ahead of Perriman, unless it's his knee injury?

If healthy, you gotta start your #1 draft pick and he had great mini and summer camps

until the inury where he's missed a lot of time now. Waller isn't at the bottom and is

ahead of Carter Nelson for LWR according to the chart.

He made a good catch making it look easy Thurs night. He makes the team.

Trestman loves big men and Waller fits the bill and he can catch.

My question is how can Aiken be ahead of Perriman, unless it's his knee injury?

If healthy, you gotta start your #1 draft pick and he had great mini and summer camps

until the inury where he's missed a lot of time now. Waller isn't at the bottom and is

ahead of Carter Nelson for LWR according to the chart.

He made a good catch making it look easy Thurs night. He makes the team.

Trestman loves big men and Waller fits the bill and he can catch.

Disagree on Perriman vs Aiken. Perriman is a rookie, it is a lot to expect him to start right away at X fighting off the press. However, I expect him to see a lot of field time when the defense is playing off, allowing him to use his speed to blow by the coverage. He's a good blocker, so we could see him in there on run downs, then utilize his speed on play action. As he get experience he'll settle into that split end role.

Aiken has years of experience in the NFL and is currently much better at beating the press as a split end. If we put Perriman out there as a starter, he'll get pressed to death. However, if we put Perriman in there during the right situations to expose match ups or defensive strategies, he be in the best position for success.

OK, Thanks.

Mark Clayton and TT played in their rookie seasons as #1 picks.

Perriman was definitely the best WR in camp til his injury. He blew by the entire secondary.

Nobody could cover him in the practices.

I still say he starts and what about the slot WR. Thats SR's position and Boldin's before him

leaving the 2 wideouts. Ravens often used 3 WRs last year as many teams do plus

2 TEs.

OK, Thanks.

Mark Clayton and TT played in their rookie seasons as #1 picks.

Perriman was definitely the best WR in camp til his injury. He blew by the entire secondary.

Nobody could cover him in the practices.

I still say he starts and what about the slot WR. Thats SR's position and Boldin's before him

leaving the 2 wideouts. Ravens often used 3 WRs last year as many teams do plus

2 TEs.

With Perriman it's more so putting him into the best position to succeed. Aiken is better experienced to beat the press on a regular basis. Perriman will get there, just a lot to ask of a rookie coming from a non-power conference school.

Steve Smith is actually our flanker (Z) receiver. He's off the line and put in motion. So he might end up in a slot, but he's not a traditional slot receiver. We have a lot of options for the Y (slot). Marlon Brown can play that Anquan Boldin slot role at times, attacking the middle of the field or back of the end zone in the red zone. Maxx Williams was more so a slot receiver at Minnesota than a TE given how much he was split out. We saw a lot of that from Williams on Thursday. Campanero and Carter are smaller, quick guys who could be a Julian Edelman, Randall Cobb, or Andrew Hawkins slot receiver for Joe.

While not much experience, we have a diverse group of skill sets at receivers which will give us lots of options. And like you mentioned, we are not pressured to play Perriman as a starter and rush his development like we did with Taylor and Clayton as rookies.

Yea, maybe that's why they didn't do so well. Clayton had around just 400 yards as a rookie.

His best season was 900 yards and then back to 500 yards and so forth.

But SR was in the slot with Torrey a wideout and one of the other WRs like Aiken,

Campy, Marlon as WR. Marlon had a down year. Aiken had his moments like in NE but

we definitely neeeded a 2d wideout last year with SR in the slot.

Don't write off Butler who showed off his stuff in red zone Thurs and hauled in a

TD.

I posted links where he's had great mini and training camps.

I'm having trouble posting vids and pics. Here's the link but it's www.baltimoreravens.com

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/videos/videos/Top-Play-Jeremy-Butler-Shows-Off-Red-Zone-Skills/ca3c169f-7f5e-4497-8952-8f4c9a5e11aa