ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

No Playmakers on Ravens in 2015

vmax

Doctson ran a 4.54 forty, Fuller just ran a 4.33 :bow: both play up to or faster than their times.....

I'm starting to like Doctson a lot. 6'2" 202 pounds with nearly 10" hands and nearly a 32" wingspan. Combine that with his elite body control and he can be a great possession receiver and threat in the redzone. That 40 time is fast enough for him given his type of game.

If we get Ramsey or Bosa in the first Doctson would be a great pick in the second round, if available.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to like Doctson a lot. 6'2" 202 pounds with nearly 10" hands and nearly a 32" wingspan. Combine that with his elite body control and he can be a great possession receiver and threat in the redzone. That 40 time is fast enough for him given his type of game.

If we get Ramsey or Bosa in the first Doctson would be a great pick in the second round, if available.

That would be a very satisfying first 2 rounds me. :thumbup:

LOL - Doctson is injured before he even gets here. With all the agony over Perriman his first

year, let someone else have the worries with Doctson. RotoWorld listes him as 6'4, 190 and mainly

as a jump ball possession type receiver with no much speed as his 5.4 time suggests. This

link makes him a good fit for Minn, KC, NE and Cinci in the 2d round.

Scouts are concerned about his ability to learn the intracacies of the pro game when to break and making key and the hot reads and sight adjustments. He would be a threat in the red zone and deep side

line plays with his jumping ability. However, He hurt his wrist during the 4th game and is still nursing it as he missed the SR Bowl after being invited.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/133847/josh-doctson

He and Fuller were so smooth in the gauntlet drill, made it look very easy. I would be very pleased with either of them in the 2nd.

LOL - Doctson is injured before he even gets here. With all the agony over Perriman his first

year, let someone else have the worries with Doctson. RotoWorld listes him as 6'4, 190 and mainly

as a jump ball possession type receiver with no much speed as his 5.4 time suggests. This

Scouts are concerned about his ability to learn the intracacies of the pro game when to break and making key and the hot reads and sight adjustments. He would be a threat in the red zone and deep side

line plays with his jumping ability. However, He hurt his wrist during the 4th game and is still nursing it as he missed the SR Bowl after being invited.

Roto world is wrong on many levels, just one of the is his height & weight. Way wrong on his skill set.

He and Fuller were so smooth in the gauntlet drill, made it look very easy. I would be very pleased with either of them in the 2nd.

Fuller is a stud but his relatively small hand size (8-1/4") scares me that he may be restricted to a one dimensional receiver in the pros like Torrey Smith (i.e. body catching). Even so, that's not a terrible thing for the second round.

I like the sound of Fuller. Not sure he'll be there in 2d round but I was thinking Torrey Smith too.

He also had an inexperienced QB.

Will Fuller*, WR, Notre Dame
Height: 6-0. Weight: 184.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2016): 1-2.

2/6/16: Fuller was a play-maker for the Fighting Irish and could be the most lethal deep-threat receiver in this draft class. He has shown the speed to be a vertical weapon and get separation deep downfield. Fuller had 62 catches for 1,258 yards and 14 touchdowns on the year despite playing with an inexperienced quarterback. In 2014, he notched 76 receptions for 1,094 yards and 15 touchdowns.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016WR.php#dACsHOkIIlrohI4x.99

Doctson was PFF's highest rated receiver before going down with an injury. He tore up the combine and demonstrated true explosiveness: 4.5 40-yard dash, 41" vertical jump, 131" broad jump, 4.08 short shuttle, all very impressive for a guy 6'2" 202 pounds. His arm length and hand size are elite as well. Not sure he makes it to the second round...

SCOUT says he's is rising up the board and could be a 1st or 2d round pick.

They call him one of the best receivers in the country albeit TCU had an

easy schedule.

Not much on speed but good hands but uses the body like Torrey Smith.

Says he'd be a good fit for Ravens. I guess I could see him between Perriman

and SR but I like Will Fuller better with his speed.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000553143/article/scout-tcus-josh-doctson-could-be-1st-or-2ndround-pick

Fuller is a stud but his relatively small hand size (8-1/4") scares me that he may be restricted to a one dimensional receiver in the pros like Torrey Smith (i.e. body catching). Even so, that's not a terrible thing for the second round.

Yeah, he had more drops than one would like because he is not a natural hand catcher. However, unlike Torrey, Fuller tracks the deep ball very well and wins the match up on 50-50 balls more than not. He also has the quicks, the wiggle Smith does not have making rac very very well.

Doctson dos it all well, but he rarely faced press coverage, so that is the biggest question on him. His wrist injury is clearly well behind him.