ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

No Playmakers on Ravens in 2015

vmax

Ditto on the later rounds for receivers. I posted that on another thread and mentioned

Brandon Marshal, Boldin and Hiney Ward as play makers taken in the middle rounds

or later.

Another poor draft? By whom? Ozzie? LOL

You just mentioned Campy as a possibility drafted by Ozzie in the 7th round two years ago.

And speaking of playmakers, Ozzie has one of them too but he was out all year but if he

comes back and drafts Treadwell, he'll have his 2 playmakers and the fastest two players

in the last two drafts. Treadwell should be there and would be the BPA.

Mosley was runner up for D-ROY beaten out by Donald. CJ beat out Shazier drafted by Piss

who had a good playoff game vs Denver Sunday and is upcoming while CJ slumped but Im

calling it the sophomore slump - hopefully. CJ won year 1 while Shazier won year 2 but he

didn't have D. Smith around him taking tackles.

OK, Elam was a miss but so were all the top safeties drafted in that class. Ricky Vacarro of the

Saints was suspended. Ozzie still needs help there but should be able to get it in this draft

after taking his weapon in round 1. Some good cover guys will be there.

Another guy drafted two years ago was Gilmore and with the additions of Maxx and Nicky Boyle

from whittle bitty Delaware who is the best blocker on the line, they were all voted as the top 15 TEs in football. There was even a discussion here on trading Gilmore for a play maker.

Jernigan is another blue chipper who's is still finding his way but has had his moments.

I posted a link a few weeks ago calling Brand Williams and Donald of the Rams as the best pockett

rushers in NF. Brandon was s 3rd round pick.

Ozzie also signed SR and D. Smith along the way to fill up holes and he drafted Urschel who filled

in once again at Center when Zuttah went down. He is our future Center. He also won the wild card game for the first time ever with an undrafted Hurst at LT. He also signed Melvin off the street to win the

wild card game in Piss. He also drafted the best RG in the game and last year Ravens

had the best RG and RT in the game after drafting Wagner as RT two years ago and with a

broken foot at the time while other teams ignored him.

This year after Urschel was plugged in at Center, Ryan was plugged in at LG to take KO's place

after he was plugged in for Monroe's at LT and could leave for a big pay day. Ravens always have a

next man up on the line. Ryan has been battling sleep apnea since training camp.

Last year Ravens had best right side of an oline in football and the line was rated in top 5 for run

block this year, it was top 2 last year. It was ranked around 9 by football outsiders over all.

KJ was the best blocking FB in his draft couple of years ago.

Ozzie's #1 pick last year should be back but was injured like so many others on the team this

year.

Oz just needs to concentrate on the secondary and draft a Treadwell and Ravens will be back

in playoff again next year - more than most teams this side of NE.

Ravens problems weren't for a lack of drafting. Again, all the top safeties in Elam's class were

bad.

All that said, this is still the most critical draft since the 01 draft after they won SB35 and they

had to gut the team the next year. Ozzie got a Heap, Hartwell and Rabac. Not bad as Heap won

a lot of playoff games for Ravens and Hartwell became one of the best rushers in NFL and

Rabac a tope lineman going to Skins.

Oz will do it again drafting higher than ever since, well, he took Jamal Lewis with his last pick

that high up. Don't forget all these recent drafts you mentioned as being poor were at or near

the bottom most year.

IN OZ WE TRUST

Speaking of solid right side of offensive lines, make sure you check out the panthers in the NFC championship game, the right side is anchored by Michael Oher and Ed Dickson.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of solid right side of offensive lines, make sure you check out the panthers in the NFC championship game, the right side is anchored by Michael Oher and Ed Dickson.

Oher is playing/has been playing LT at least in the playoff game that I watched.

Hell that means the Panthers got to the Championship game even with Big Mike, just as

the Ravens did. The Ravens won despite of Big Mike. In fact, he almost blew the mile

high miracle play in Denver.

Once again he's beaten and just as his man is ready to sack Joe, he steps up and fires a bullet

to JJ for the winning score, in spite of Oher.

Then he gave up a big sack in the SB. Then he's promptly dismissed. Ravens didn't even try to

sign him. He goes to Tenn and all their fans are having fits while Ravens fans rejoice, at least

most of them. There were some like Crvn Raven that mourned his departure.

Oher does nothing there and is cut and picked up by Panthers.

• 4 weeks later...

If he can't get separation, then he dies us no good, we have had plenty of can't get separation WR's. And yea he's good on the jump ball but we've had those types too.

Well, that was sobering. I'd love to know PFF's ranking of all the WR's coming out of college this year but I guess you've got to subscribe to get that.

Lol, no blame on the D for giving up 28 points in the second half? You find fault with Oher? Please we missused the guy, we changed his position constantly, Carolina plays him 16 games at Lt and they're playing for the superbowl

Thats because they have a QB named Super Man scoring all those points in spite of Oher,

and we still won with that defense. Finding fault with Oher is easy like when TP snuck up on him

to sack Joe and winning the game. Oher had no idea what to do and he said he saw him.

Um, like us in the POs and SB they won in spite of him and don't forget he's in the easiest division

in football as Carolina tore up everyone even beating Seattle, GB and and another PO team - the Skins

of all teams-lol.

They won because of all the points Super Man put up.See link. They had an easy schedule plus

Luck went down so that took care of the Dolts.

I laugh at Ravens fans that still give excuses for Oher failing here. He was too dumb to learn the

zone blocking scheme. His last year here, he just stood there wondering who to block but Gino and Shipley

couldn't learn it either and all were gone at the end of the year. Gruden said on TV that Oher

is dazed and confused out there and has no idea whom to block and that was a couple of years

before the ZBS.

It's easy to block when you're in the weakest division in football. That automatically gets you into

the POs but what happened in the SB vs the eventual champs. The Panthers entire fucking o-line

got pushed back from the first min til the last by Von Miller and company and especially on

Oher's side.

Oher made LT for lack of competition but he was terrible in TEnn last year because of fundamentals

so Matsko who was his line coach here in his rookie year got him back on the fundamentals. He

also had a nagging toe injury his last year in Bmore and got away from fundamentals here. So youre

leaving out a ton of stuff about how bad he was here. Even he said he messed up on fundamentals

here and especially Tenn.

Oher said the book and movie have hurt his NFL career but he's on his 2d SB team and 3 team

altogether and has made over $20M. Cam Super Man recruited Oher asking the front office to sign him.

Here's another stat. Ravens only won 64% of their games with Oher playing including the SB even

though he gave up a big sack and almost got Joe killed on the miracle pass in Denver.

PFF ranks him 74th best out of 85 for a reason. And not a good one.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/car/carolina-panthers

LOL - Talk about Ravens fans making excuses, his own mother said he was bad in Indy - ILMAO.

Unlike certain fans in this forum, she made no excuses for her son's bad game in Indy where he

was killed on the right side.

I'll tell you guys a funny story about Oher's mother and me. I seem to keep running into

married women. I ran into LeeAnne the most beautiful women I ever saw next to my gal

in Looneys.

I was walking out the door to go out on a Fri night when the phone rang. It was my best friend

whom I traveled all over the country with following the Ravens. Weve been to every stadium in

the country. We went around with about 100 Raven maniacs and spent $10,000 pr yr on football

games and those were just the road games.

So he calls me at 8 and has an extra ticket to the Indy PO game the next night. His wife was sick

and couldn't go so I jumped at the chance. I had stopped traveling by then because of my lungs.

I kept a lot of cash around because friends were always calling me to go to Vegas or NY or

some place.

So the next day I'm on the plane at noon for Indy. We got in about 3;30, picked up the rental.

We had another guy with us from Aaron's board. We went to where a big party was but the line

was like 5 blocks long. We found another party w/o too many people in it but it was ok.

WE had tickets on the 50 yard line in the club level. Most fans don't know this but the Ravens

keep tickets back that the players don't use and send them to guys they know that follow them

around, so my friend got 2 tics. I was sitting next to Bisciotti's secretary. I hadn't wised up yet

and when she said she was a secretary for the Ravens I asked if she knew Bisciotti and she laughed

and said I think so. The gal next to her told me.

So the game started and old Teddy boy knows I yell and scream for my team and even lead Ravens

cheers in front of my section. Once after a Denver game Billick was doing a presser and said I looked

up in the stands and saw this crazy Ravens fan leading Ravens fans in front of 30,000 Denver fans.

Balls, that guy could play on my team any day but in actuality I was cut from my high school team.

So I'm yelling for the Ravens and Ted said shut up your making too much noise. I said fuck you Ted,

you know what I always do at these games. He said that's LeeAnne in front of you, youre disturbing

her. I laughed and didn't believe him. Thought he was drunk.

So in the 2d half we're losing bad and the entire o-line is getting killed and especially Oher at RT.

Mathis-sp was running by him all night. So I start yelling where's the blind side guy, where's the blind

side guy. Ted said shut up man, that's his mother in front of you ass hole.

I still didn't believe him so I leaned forward and said are you really LeeAnne and she said yea. Man,

I just sank in my seat and started to cry. She laughed and said that's Ok, they're all playing a bad game.

Now there's a woman that knows football more than certain posters in this forum-lol. She said did you come all the way out here from Baltimore

to see this game. I said yup and she was impressed. I said we go to all the road games and she was

even more impressed. She didn't know anyone down south that did that.

She was holding my hand and I was getting a little nervous with her husband next to her - Sean but he

never looked our way and she gave me a big hug. They must have had a fight before the game because

he didn't talk to her or look at her the entire game. His sister and her husband were sitting next to them.

LeeAnne kept talking to me and I told her about a school and church on Oher's side of town that has

the same belief's as hers in Memphis. He could get involved with them if he wanted to and she thanked

me and said she'd mention it to her.

On the way out Bisciotti's secretary said your friend sure is feisty as I'm sure she told Bisciotti the

story on Monday.

That was the last Ravens game I went to. Polian, their GM said Ravens would have won

the SB that year if they just had a blue chip receiver. They just had Mason and we shut him down in

second half but I disagree because the line was still crummy with Oher on it. We lost that game

in the trenches.

PFF has Baylor WR Corey Coleman at 10, Leonte Carroo Rutgers WR (beast if he can stay healthy) at 15 and Treadwell at 26 on their first draft big board.

@JeffDooleyPFF: WR Corey Coleman in top 10 might surprise some. @PFF_Sam is a big fan. 5.2 yds per route avg before Baylor's QBs got hurt is absurdly good

A receiver of Treadwell’s size but relative lack of blazing speed and quickness often saw press coverage at the line. Players tried to disrupt his route on release, screw up the timing of the pattern and generally attempt to make him an easier proposition to cover before he really got going. Treadwell consistently defeated this contact with minimal problems and showed an excellent ability to use his hands and shake any attempt at jamming him.

He also does consistently well after the catch. He isn’t a particularly elusive player with the ball in hand, but he is strong and breaks tackles with regularity. Of all his receiving yardage, 446 yards of it came after the catch, and he broke 17 tackles over the season averaging 5.4 yards per reception after the catch.

Take this play as an example in the first week of the season. Treadwell turns this into a first down, breaking three tackles along the way to do it before stepping out of bounds inside the five.

Exactly what this team needs.... Exactly what we have been talking about, him, for weeks now...

Treadwell also gets a lot of plaudits for his blocking, which I think is a little warped by some highlight reel hits he delivers. Treadwell is a good, not great blocker. He is definitely willing and capable, which beats most receivers on the perimeter, but he has an unusual quirk to his game that I haven’t really seen before which leads to some de-cleating hits. Treadwell sticks to his man well, but his eyes are always elsewhere looking for a potential second block he can pick up that won’t see him coming.I haven’t seen another receiver look for this type of block as regularly as Treadwell does – it is all over his tape.

You can't have big runs in the running game, nor in the passing game with rac, unless receivers are willing to block. HE IS! Exactly what this team needs. Also what we have been praising about him, for weeks.

There is a lot to like about Treadwell, but he does struggle to separate, even in college. He has the movement skills of a big receiver, but at his size he’s not large enough that it should be preventing him getting open regularly. Often getting separation looks like a struggle and there are too many plays where he doesn’t just struggle to separate, but actively fails in his route to the defensive back.

I have watched him for years, his offense, is very predictable at times. The route combinations they use do not always utilize the receivers abilities. Also, many plays, he was simply a decoy, yet still managed to run out his route to help fool the defense. NO wide out gets open every play, NONE. To me, this is nit-picking.

Here he again defeats the jam at the line of scrimmage, but can’t run away from the defensive back at any point during the route. Treadwell can’t shake his man running down the sideline or when he cuts the route off and tries to convert to a comeback.

He does not have great speed nor great quickness, which is needed for a receiver to do what this writer is banging on Treadwell about, we knew he was not a speed demon, nor a scat receiver breaking ankles; no needed for what he would be drafted for..... This also goes back to being predictable in their offense and the skill level they play against....

The last issue I have with Treadwell is that for all his ability to win jump balls and take the football away from defensive backs, he doesn’t actually go for them all that often. He allows passes to come to him at times where he should attack the ball and make sure of the catch, rather than wait on it and allow the defender back into the play.

There are times when all receivers do this, it is not a knock on one if they make the catches- HE DOES. He also draws a ton of PI penalties because defenders can't handle, especially on deep routes. Not always jumping to get the ball at its highest point helps to keep defensive backs guessing, as in the play this writer outlined. The DB jumped too early trying to anticipate Treadwel jumping. TouchDown!

but to me he looks far more like Kenny Britt.

Britt couldn't run a route, couldn't get away from skilled defensive backs and; struggled with his hands. He still does. To me, there is no reminder of Britt at all; none. Case closed.

Draft him at 6.

PFF has Baylor WR Corey Coleman at 10, Leonte Carroo Rutgers WR (beast if he can stay healthy) at 15 and Treadwell at 26 on their first draft big board.

@JeffDooleyPFF: WR Corey Coleman in top 10 might surprise some. @PFF_Sam is a big fan. 5.2 yds per route avg before Baylor's QBs got hurt is absurdly good

Love Coleman, quickness, speed, but can he get off the line of scrimmage at the NFL level with his slight frame? Carroo, as you said, can he stay healthy and, was his success due to the lack of quality of opponents? Similar to the Tulsa wideout, Keyarris Garret (1500 yards, 96 receptions, 8 tds), 6'5", 185, pretty good speed, 4.6-4.7 area, great hands, dominated his opponents, but then, the caliber was not high and they ran a spread offense.

26th for Treadwell, hmm, guess we shall see....

Ts, for the record I agree with you on Treadwell 100%. That report seemed to be nitpicking to me. Especially the example of Treadwell not high pointing the ball in the bowl game against Oklahoma State. That play was a TD. IMO Treadwell showed an even more impressive trait of tracking the ball over his shoulder, shielding the defender, and not looking up to the last second to make the catch. Like you said he high points when he needs to and does an excellent job of tracking the ball.

That report got me thinking, sounded very similar to scouting reports on Jalen Strong last year. Treadwell appears to be longer and more athletic than Strong from what I've seen.

Well, that was sobering. I'd love to know PFF's ranking of all the WR's coming out of college this year but I guess you've got to subscribe to get that.

Thanks, Cleetz for the PFF data!

Don't be selective stat pointing out( you get looped in with Stealer fans) but yes Oher scored horrible in run blocking, but in pass protecting he was a beast he scored over a 90.

Who's being selective. Youre stating a specific stat not the overall picture like PFF rating

him # 74 out of 85 players. He made the team by default. There was no competition.

He said he struggled with fundamentals in Tenn. He did here too. He had no fundamentals

here. He kept blocking like a pro wrestler throwing his man down by getting under his

arm pits instead of using his hands as a stun gun and knocking his man back and it got him injured

He was blown away in he SB. The entire line was which is why they lost. They were helped

to the SB by being in the worse division in football that got even worse when Luck went

down in Indy.

The theme of no competition keeps haunting Oher and don't forget all those drives he killed

here with all those fast starts off the line and a ton of penalties.

But don't take my word for it. Here's a pic and comment from own fan that he looks like

he's on ice. His feet are so nimble, he looks awkward and he still has his hands up under

the arm pits or close to them like he's wrestling the guy instead of using his arms like

a stun gun. One reason perhaps is because his arms are not NFL ready in length.

CAM was also sacked 7 times in game for 68 yards in losses, I think it was, as to 4 for

Manning. Carolina did have more running yardage than Denver 118 to 90 yards but that

didn't do them any good because Von Miller kept runing around and thru the o-line.

So much for Oher's run blocking. He still gets 74 rating from PFF.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/2/8/10937512/michael-oher-sliding-super-bowl-panthers-broncos

And this: Oher was the most penalized player in the NFL during his time in Baltimore with all

those false starts and holding penalties killing a ton of drives. I'm sure you remember them.

Tenn fans laughed at his signing with them because that's all they knew about Oher - all those

false start penalties and they continued there and in Carolina but Oher blames the movie while

you blame his jerking up and down the line-lol.

Michael Oher, offensive tackle for the Baltimore Ravens, is the most frequently penalized NFL player since 2009. In these years alone, he has drawn 26 false start penalties and 15 holding penalties. Of the 21 players listed above, 10 are offensive linemen (11 if you include Lions TE Brandon Pettigrew). Philip Rivers as the third most penalized player in the NFL is a bit of a surprise. Rivers has been called for 32 delay of game penalties since 2009, 12 of which came in 2010. That is quite a lot and is pretty strange, as avoiding delay of game penalties is not all that difficult with an organized offense. Perhaps the problem here stems from something other than Rivers.

PFF ranked Carolina's o-line 4th best overall. Said they were bunch of cast offs

from other teams like Oher but the front office did a good job of finding them and the

coaches did a great job of coaching. UM, not by the pic I posted above with the bad techniques.

LOL - PFF said Oher was the only dud and first round pick on their line.

Like I said at the top, they got into the SB in spite of Oher, just like Ravens and the line

got killed by Von Miller and company.

PFF ranked Denver's o-line much lower than 4th and they won.

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS SPELLED VON MILLER NOT MICHAEL OHER

But there are fans still making excuses for him plus his own.

• 2 weeks later...