ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Joe on Rehab and Contract

vmax

All good news.... :gorave:

“I honestly have no idea what the timetable is for this type of thing,” Flacco said. “I know I’m doing very well right now and I feel very good. I’m just taking it day by day. I don’t want to overdo anything and try to do anything too early, so I force myself into some kind of setback. But I’m coming along great. I don’t think there’s any way I’m not going to be out there ready to go right away. That’s just me. I have no timetable. I’m really just taking it day by day and getting better and better each week.”.......Flacco’s salary cap hit is $28.55 million for the 2016 season....

Flacco understands that and reiterated that he’d been open to some kind of restructuring of his current deal.

“I want to win so I want to do everything we can to get something done,” Flacco said. “I don’t know exactly what that is or exactly what’s that going to be because we haven’t talked about it yet. I know that’s a huge number, so it’s not really realistic. I’m open to doing something. I want to be here for a while. I want to play football here. That’s what it’s all about.”..http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bal-joe-flacco-says-his-rehab-is-coming-along-20160121-story.html

He's got another Super Bowl in him if Ozzie can get the supporting cast.

Just being competitive and making the playoffs is good enough for me.

But seasons like this last one? :nono:

He's got another Super Bowl in him if Ozzie can get the supporting cast.

Just being competitive and making the playoffs is good enough for me.

But seasons like this last one? :nono:

That's exactly how I see it too. The playoffs will be good enough for me for the few years. I just hope Oz can get more and better parts.

That's exactly how I see it too. The playoffs will be good enough for me for the few years. I just hope Oz can get more and better parts.

I agree and believe Joe and this team is in much the same position it was when Ozzie & Co acquired Bolden, drafted Torrey, etc.

If Joe can return healthy, Ozzie can retool the WR corps, and the defense is fortified with a pass rusher, LB and CB and safety, this team can become relevant - a contender - for consecutive years.

A lot depends on the draft and key FA acquisitions which Ozzie has a penchant for doing well over the years.

It's time for Ozzie and Co to hit a homer this offseason and during the draft. Here's hoping that he and FO hit it out of the park 👍😄

I agree and believe Joe and this team is in much the same position it was when Ozzie & Co acquired Bolden, drafted Torrey, etc.

If Joe can return healthy, Ozzie can retool the WR corps, and the defense is fortified with a pass rusher, LB and CB and safety, this team can become relevant - a contender - for consecutive years.

A lot depends on the draft and key FA acquisitions which Ozzie has a penchant for doing well over the years.

It's time for Ozzie and Co to hit a homer this offseason and during the draft. Here's hoping that he and FO hit it out of the park

I think Ozzie & company will do well this year in the draft and free agency, but it might take another year after that for us to become dangerous again.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-218-Maybe-Ozzie-Newsome-Wasnt-Bluffing-About-Joe-Flacco-Contract/e37b0e80-a9d8-4a51-a905-3b63d02cdd14

“We might do that,” Linta told Zrebiec. “Ozzie has been on record saying that they don’t need to do anything. We talked about it back then. I don’t think they really need to do anything. I think everything is fine as is. But that’s really not for Joe to decide.

“Joe has a contract and he’s happy with it. I’m not saying that we wouldn’t talk to them to help them out if possible. We’d be happy to try and help. But it’s not a big deal right now.”

Joe said he's open to restructure because he wants to win. He saw Brady do it all the time

to kee his linemen and other guys around to keep winning.

As far as free agents, they don't have enough cap space for any big signings like Von Miller,

maybe someone not as known as him. Ravens camp space is always close to the top.

It's how they win super bowls.

Here's the link, just found it. He wants to just like I said. He wants to win God bless his heart

but he has no idea what the numbers are.

It counts to $28M vs the CAP but a restructure deal could save $8M or $9M for

a FA or two and Joe would get more guaranteed money or say 3 more years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14617351/joe-flacco-willing-restructure-contract-help-baltimore-ravens

I just heard the tape and Joe's statement was, "come on, I want to win.''

Like posted it was like he seems to want to restructure but after hearing the tone of his voice

it sounded like he was patronizing and talking down to listeners plus he needs a math course

when he said it might not be a necessity at all.

It will be an issue if it's not done.

Brady restructuring and Joe restructuring are not the same thing. Brady took a pay cut, Joe will not be taking a pay cut. Big Ben has restructured multiple times for the Steelers. He has not taken a pay cut.

Joe restructuring is not him putting the team's best interests first. He gets a big upfront check and added job security. For the team, it is purely a short term move that pushes back the reality of a large amount of dead money.