ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kyle Bulger

cravnravn

I saw some Boller in both Bulger and Smith. Make a nice throw followed by 4 bad ones.

In Smith's defense he had it bad with a scrub O line and pouring rain.

On Bulger...I'll give him a pass for now as he's learning the offense and he's a timming and rythmn QB. His release was real fast but you could see he hasn't got the timming down with his receivers.

The fumble was awefull. He should know better than to carry a ball like that.

This disturbs me...

Per Pro Football Talk, play-by-play guy Mike Tirico called Bulger a “defeated guy” after enduring a 5-30 record as a starter with the St. Louis Rams. Color analyst and former Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski described the meeting with Bulger.

“We walked into that meeting, and it was like, ‘I’m not sure I want to play; I’m not sure I’ll be here next year,’ ” Jaworski recalled. “I just didn't see the passion, the enthusiasm you have to play at this level, to work at it week in, week out. Maybe he’ll get it back.”

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/08/espn_crew_questions_bulgers_passion.html

I left the game at halftime and missed the rain...smart move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/12/jaworski-questions-marc-bulgers-passion-for-football/

Jaworski questions Marc Bulger's passion for football

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 12, 2010 9:40 PM ET

The ESPN Monday Night Football crew met with Ravens backup quarterback Marc Bulger before Thursday's game against the Panthers, and described a beaten-down man.

Mike Tirico called Bulger a "defeated guy" after going through a 5-30 stretch as Rams starter, and Jaworski indicated Bulger is struggling to shake the football blues.

"We walked into that meeting, and it was like 'I'm not sure I want to play; I'm not sure I'll be here next year' " Jaworski relayed. "I just didn't see the passion, the enthusiasm you have to play at this level, to work at it week in, week out. Maybe he'll get it back."

The Ravens better hope Bulger gets it back considering they are paying him $3.8 million this year.

(Meanwhile, Bulger's first two drop-backs as a Raven: an incomplete pass and a lost fumble. Like he never left St. Louis.)

Bulger looks like he's shellshocked from so many poundings at St. Louis. He had that deer in the headlights look. I'll give him the preseason to try and get his confidence back. For that he's going to need more playing time--time that should come at Troy's expense.

What that article (as indicated in the comment of it) misses BIG time is that after saying that, Jaworski said that Bulger's excited to start over fresh in Baltimore, and that Flacco is already learning things from him. The "defeated man" thing was only about his time in St. Louis. Rosenthal and apparently The Sun both missed all of that.

He's going to be fine. Did you see how quick his release is?