ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Thoughts

vmax

There was a lot of good in the teams performance but I'll start with some concerns:

Kruger...worried about this guy. Redding better get back soon.

The offense is still a work in progress. They have yet to get the running game going 4 weeks into the season. Joe is progressing with his rapport with his receivers. The good news is that they could be one nasty O when they get the whole thing running.

Zibby looks bad as a returner. At least he catches the ball but the Ravens need a threat there and he's not it.

The Ravens are getting banged up at RB. We'll see how bad in a day or two.

Ngata and Suggs brought then heat and intensity. Cody finally made it on the field.

Webb played well and will only be better week after week. He's still shaking the rust off and looking good while doing it.

Sweet block of the game:

If you see the replay of the Flacco to Haush game winning TD then look at the blocking. Heap was protecting on the right side...saw Palamalu running free on a blind side blitz toward Joe...so Heap sprinted accross the line and nailed Palamalu to give Joe the time to toss the TD (where Palamalu should have been covering).

56511112.jpg

There was a lot of good in the teams performance but I'll start with some concerns:

Kruger...worried about this guy. Redding better get back soon.

The offense is still a work in progress. They have yet to get the running game going 4 weeks into the season. Joe is progressing with his rapport with his receivers. The good news is that they could be one nasty O when they get the whole thing running.

Zibby looks bad as a returner. At least he catches the ball but the Ravens need a threat there and he's not it.

The Ravens are getting banged up at RB. We'll see how bad in a day or two.

Ngata and Suggs brought then heat and intensity. Cody finally made it on the field.

Webb played well and will only be better week after week. He's still shaking the rust off and looking good while doing it.

Sweet block of the game:

If you see the replay of the Flacco to Haush game winning TD then look at the blocking. Heap was protecting on the right side...saw Palamalu running free on a blind side blitz toward Joe...so Heap sprinted accross the line and nailed Palamalu to give Joe the time to toss the TD (where Palamalu should have been covering).

The offense needs to get better and fast. When we held them to so few yards by the end of the third we have to find a way to score more points to seal the game earlier. Our defense was dominant and if it wasn't for a bad day from Reed I don't know if we win.

Its a great win against a tough division opponent on the road so I don't want to dwell too long on any negatives but once again at times Joe seemed off and confused. The way it looks to me, and I admit I am far from an expert, is that if Joe's primary target is covered then he has trouble finding anyone else and he gets confused and does stupid things. But what a beautiful pass to win the game, hopefully we can build on it.

The offense needs to get better and fast. When we held them to so few yards by the end of the third we have to find a way to score more points to seal the game earlier. Our defense was dominant and if it wasn't for a bad day from Reed I don't know if we win.

Its a great win against a tough division opponent on the road so I don't want to dwell too long on any negatives but once again at times Joe seemed off and confused. The way it looks to me, and I admit I am far from an expert, is that if Joe's primary target is covered then he has trouble finding anyone else and he gets confused and does stupid things. But what a beautiful pass to win the game, hopefully we can build on it.

Funny thing, had my Steelers won the game, I would probably have felt like that about them too for the most part.

So I think the question that you should really be asking is... what is the multiplication factor when playing against THIS division opponent? You played the mirror image of your defense, and yet, both of our offenses, which looked sickly at times, put up 14 points, and drove into position for at least two field goal tries. That means, both offenses put the ball in position to score 4 times this game. There are teams that won't do that twice against either of our defenses all game.

With that said, I am not sure I would be so hard on your offense. They handled themselves well against the number 2 defense (I would have said overall number 1 before the game, but a loss is a loss).

Kreuger ran down batch from behind knocked the ball from batch. If it would have been recovered properly, I believe it would have been first snd goal Ravens. Ravens score, Kreuger is a hero against the Steelers again. I know hes suspect but he did alot more to win this game then Pryce would've. So give him a chance hes been put in a tough situation. My gut says hes gonna shine before this season is over. Hes got speed to rush and get to the QB.

Kreuger ran down batch from behind knocked the ball from batch. If it would have been recovered properly, I believe it would have been first snd goal Ravens. Ravens score, Kreuger is a hero against the Steelers again. I know hes suspect but he did alot more to win this game then Pryce would've. So give him a chance hes been put in a tough situation. My gut says hes gonna shine before this season is over. Hes got speed to rush and get to the QB.

I'm thinking the same thing. Even his penalties today were over aggressive trying to do good things kind of plays. I like his speed and aggressiveness too.

OK...I concede! :)

Defensive line: B

The best player on the field was defensive tackle Haloti Ngata. There were times when he was making tackles downfield on receivers after short receptions. Fellow defensive tackle Kelly Gregg also had four tackles and defensive end Paul Kruger made a solid contribution, especially as a pass rusher. The Ravens, though, did allow some rushing yards inside.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-report-card1004-20101003,0,2466177.story

56510813.jpg

Edited by vmax

Funny thing, had my Steelers won the game, I would probably have felt like that about them too for the most part.

So I think the question that you should really be asking is... what is the multiplication factor when playing against THIS division opponent? You played the mirror image of your defense, and yet, both of our offenses, which looked sickly at times, put up 14 points, and drove into position for at least two field goal tries. That means, both offenses put the ball in position to score 4 times this game. There are teams that won't do that twice against either of our defenses all game.

With that said, I am not sure I would be so hard on your offense. They handled themselves well against the number 2 defense (I would have said overall number 1 before the game, but a loss is a loss).

No doubt that the quality of opponent was a factor in the offenses not being very successful. If this was the first week the offense was like this I wouldnt feel bad at all. However its 4 weeks in and the Ravens offense has not been good in 3 out of the 4 games. All three were against good defenses, but that is still a concern to me and why I was not totally happy with the effort today.

Kruger expected to be out 2-4 weeks.

This pass rusher thing I am confused, probably not a big thing when we are not facing as many elite QBs like last year?

Jones and Redding was out with injuries, hopefully they will be ready, Kindle IR, Pryce and Barnes gone.. Is it time for Art Jones now?