ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

And Just Remember...

vmax

Guest BallTMore

My favorite play is when Mattison rushes 3. Awesome.

We can't pressure rushing 5.Might as well rush three and really let the qb feel comfortable in the pocket. That way he can choose which wr is more open

I disagree with a lot of the criticism being piled on Mattison. While on offense I have consistently blamed Cam and defended the personnel, on the D I have to do the opposite.

Mattison's schemes have been pretty darn effective this season with a few exceptions - mostly the Browns game, this game, and a few big pass plays against Denver. All at home, oddly. But elsewhere, his schemes and overall gameplans have been very solid. Even against New England, I blame the offense more than Mattison. You can't hold Brady in forever.

And so I look at personnel. Let's be real - we have no pass rush and we knew that coming in. We did little to solidify it. In fact, we did nothing at all. We have no DL pass rusher and Suggs is about it in the LB crew. Mattison's schemes have gotten Ray through effectively, but he's not a pass rusher.

In the secondary, we survived without Reed, but we were somewhat lucky. Landry has been all over the place since his return from injury a few years back. Chris Carr is still Chris Carr. A nice game here and there, but coordinators know how to pick on him. And Webb, as he has gotten more time in place of Carr, is showing his weakness too. It seems to me that Webb has forgotten about his ability to play physically - at the line and downfield. It may also be that coordinators are adjusting a bit and he needs to make his adjustments.

But in reality, what's Mattison to do? We can send 8 ... you can leave just Landry, Reed and Webb in the secondary... and I still don't think we'll hit the QB. And the 3 man rush is getting digs, but I seriously think that's a problem for the secondary personnel.

And the tackling? Well... we have one game like this every year. But I don't know that you can say a coach is responsible for one game where a team forgets to tackle.

I disagree with a lot of the criticism being piled on Mattison. While on offense I have consistently blamed Cam and defended the personnel, on the D I have to do the opposite.

Mattison's schemes have been pretty darn effective this season with a few exceptions - mostly the Browns game, this game, and a few big pass plays against Denver. All at home, oddly. But elsewhere, his schemes and overall gameplans have been very solid. Even against New England, I blame the offense more than Mattison. You can't hold Brady in forever.

And so I look at personnel. Let's be real - we have no pass rush and we knew that coming in. We did little to solidify it. In fact, we did nothing at all. We have no DL pass rusher and Suggs is about it in the LB crew. Mattison's schemes have gotten Ray through effectively, but he's not a pass rusher.

In the secondary, we survived without Reed, but we were somewhat lucky. Landry has been all over the place since his return from injury a few years back. Chris Carr is still Chris Carr. A nice game here and there, but coordinators know how to pick on him. And Webb, as he has gotten more time in place of Carr, is showing his weakness too. It seems to me that Webb has forgotten about his ability to play physically - at the line and downfield. It may also be that coordinators are adjusting a bit and he needs to make his adjustments.

But in reality, what's Mattison to do? We can send 8 ... you can leave just Landry, Reed and Webb in the secondary... and I still don't think we'll hit the QB. And the 3 man rush is getting digs, but I seriously think that's a problem for the secondary personnel.

And the tackling? Well... we have one game like this every year. But I don't know that you can say a coach is responsible for one game where a team forgets to tackle.

Agreed.. His D has been doing a lot better than I expected.. this game was the only diaster. We have just so much talent, and our CB situation was and possible still is alarming with out Fox, Injuries to Kindle and Kruger is not helping. And JJ is he the same as last season?