ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Injury update

vmax

Offenses just don't work due to luck. They work because various coordinated pieces work as a unit to get a specific objective done. If you lose a RB or a WR there are backups to put in. they more than likely will not be as good as the original player but they know what their job is from play to play. When you have no backup for a position and have to sign one the week of a game you are not in a good position. It is not like they can reinvent the offense in 7 days. They can only take the plays they have and make small alterations.

According to what Heap and Harbaugh are saying it seems like we are going to try and replace McClain in the gameplan instead of adapting and using our other formations that utilize other players, such as Dickson and Stallworth. Bad idea in my opinion. Look what the Eagles did when All-Pro fullback Leonard Weaver went down for the season. Weaver is a similar player to McClain in that he does all the things that Harbaugh described in that article you posted. Sure, the Eagles signed a new FB, but they adapted by using a variety of different sets utitilizing their other players. In other words, it forced them to use other plays in the playbook that they had not used very much before. That is all I am saying, having McClain out might force us to use different formations and plays that we have not used before, possibly keeping the defense guessing. If we attempt to run the same plays and personel sets by having someone else try and fill McClain's role, then yes, it is going to hurt us a lot.

I agree with Cleetz on this one, I really thing we should maximize our talents. Using a FB that was not signed to any other team is not putting the best players on the field. We need to run some WR screens to both Boldin and Housh. They both run well after the catch. We also absolutely need to go deep at least twice to Stallworth alone. Throw it up, let the guy make a play! It also wouldn't hurt to run a couple reverses and perhaps we could throw some wrinkles in Boldin at QB in Wildcat. Cmon, get creative, make things happen. I'm sure not all things I've mentioned will or should be done, but cmon, put a couple in, change things up some, take some deep shots!

it forced them to use other plays in the playbook that they had not used very much before. That is all I am saying, having McClain out might force us to use different formations and plays that we have not used before, possibly keeping the defense guessing. If we attempt to run the same plays and personel sets by having someone else try and fill McClain's role, then yes, it is going to hurt us a lot.

I understand and basically agree; but the same concern lies with execution of plays that are rarely used in game situations, even if used frequently in practice. Maybe keep the D guessing, but unless stressed during the week practice (I'm assuming now they are) those plays could be non-productive or even turnover potential. Trust me I DO LIKE the idea of 3 or 4 wideout sets with Heap involved, I just don't know how the Oline is gonna do in those situations. What particular plays would throw off or be unrecognized by Pittsburgh's D? I'm curious because so many times these teams have been pegged as being so similar in nature on both sides of the ball, I'd like to know what aces are up Cameron's sleeves.

The Ravens could be close to 100% which is amazing considering the time of year.

As the Ravens ended practice on Friday, fullback Le’Ron McClain jogged off the field towards the gathering media, made a juke move past two reporters and shimmied off to the locker room.

For a player that has been dealing with an ankle injury all week, McClain had the bounce of a guy getting ready to play this weekend.

“He looks spry,” Ravens Head Coach John Harbaugh said with a laugh. “I think that’s appropriate.”

“To me, I say I’m 100 percent ready to play,” McClain said. “I know the game plan. I know everything. It just depends on what the coaches want to do. I’m ready.”

McClain said he’ll use the full benefit of 48 hours before kickoff to continue rehabilitating the ankle, which did not experience any swelling.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/12/03/whos-playing-whos-not-vs-steelers-2/

hey max, still try to meet up for a beer? See you at the unitas statue at 630? I'll be wearing my heap jersey, how about yourself?

Definately! Let's catch up.

Kick off is around 8:15-8:30 right?

How about 7? Going to be a long cold night but it will be well worth it.

I'll be wearing a really cool Ravens leather jacket...old school with RAVENS down the right arm...hoodie and purple Ravens ski cap....be with my brother. Don't let him fool you...he's as crazy as I am. :)

I got that feeling of a special game...the kind of game where you are so glad that you were there.