ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Don't be Icarus

tsylvester

Eh, he has six fumbles in six years total, as a wideout, kick & punt returner. Same number as Mark Ingram, per average.

Same as Jones but as I said, he is far more versatile than Jones; he can play wideout, he returns kicks with speed & quickness.

Jones never could return kicks only punts, and he can't play defense. This was an Ozzie keep all the way, Bama boy....

The Ravens are totally aware this is the Trap game of all Trap Games....

After toppling the unbeaten New England Patriots, the Baltimore Ravens are looking to overcome the biggest trap game of the Super Bowl era on Sunday when they play at the winless Cincinnati Bengals.

The Ravens become the first team since the 1970 merger to face an 0-8 or worse team the game after facing an 8-0 or better team, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

... "It's a good question, certainly one I'm thinking about,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said, “But I'm not too concerned about our guys. If I see a problem or something, I'm going to be all over it, and they know that. But again, our guys understand. You want to make a big win matter? Then you have to follow it up with a win. If you follow it up with a loss, you've just negated the win. You might as well not have won the game. So, we don't want to throw that away".... "We’re playing ball. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what the record is," quarterback Lamar Jackson said. "We’re all grown men. They’re going to compete their tails off regardless.” ...

In trying to keep focused on the Bengals, defensive end Chris Wormley referenced a former Navy SEAL who spoke to the team during the bye two weeks ago. Clint Bruce, who is now a motivational speaker, told the Ravens that you can either relax or reload.

"We’re going to take the latter of that and reload and attack it like we did the last four weeks,” Wormley said.....https://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/51258/its-a-trap-ravens-must-overcome-biggest-letdown-game-in-nfl-history

This photo is up at the Castle to remind the team of what they will look and feel like if they have a let down....

d1c9e6c1-ca75-4e8c-8f0e-eb085a77c271-1.j

I'd say they're ripe for a letdown. This is another thing that relates to coaching. Billick was especially good at this.

That photo Max showed above should be a good motivator. We'll see.

Hope Stanley is going to be OK. We'll need him down the stretch and beyond if we get that far.

• 2 weeks later...

Son of Daedalus who dared to fly too near the sun on wings of feathers and wax. Daedalus had been imprisoned by King Minos of Crete within the walls of his own invention, the Labyrinth. But the great craftsman's genius would not suffer captivity. He made two pairs of wings by adhering feathers to a wooden frame with wax. Giving one pair to his son, he cautioned him that flying too near the sun would cause the wax to melt. But Icarus became ecstatic with the ability to fly and forgot his father's warning. The feathers came loose and Icarus plunged to his death in the sea.

http://www.mythweb.com/encyc/entries/icarus.html