ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Will the Ravens Stop Hillis?

vmax

So when Hillis, who was filling in for injured starter Jerome Harrison, busted out for 144 yards and a touchdown, the Ravens’ proud defense was shocked.

“[As] our team’s leader, it won’t happen again,” linebacker Ray Lewis said. “I hope [the Browns] understand that. “We’re not coming in there to overlook them or nothing and we definitely aren’t coming in there to give him over 100 yards again. So hopefully they can buckle up all their chin straps and do whatever you need to do, but we’re definitely coming in to play a very physical football game.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/12/22/lewis-to-hillis-it-wont-happen-again/

I haven't heard Ray "write many checks that he couldn't cash". I think they hold Hillis under 100.

I haven't heard Ray "write many checks that he couldn't cash". I think they hold Hillis under 100.

100 what? he figures in the passing game too; who really has stopped that guy this year? He's a beast. but some good safety play should help I think. Hillis may be the only thing we have to worry about, except 4th quarter road jitters.

I hope this team realizes how important these next two games are. We need to close out these games with authority, we need to dictate the tempo and dominate throughout. We just had our statement win, now lets clean up against the teams we're supposed to clean-up against and get into the playoffs hot!

yeager...what helps is the Ravens haven't clinched anything yet. They'll be playing to clintch. They'll be on fire. Plus they still want the AFC North crown even though it's long odds.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but nothing has impressed me with the Steelers. I think that Cleveland will beat them on the last game of the year. I really believe this, that Cleveland team really has something to play for on that last day, they can knock Pitt into the WC with no Home game and they'll do it if we give em the chance. Pitt should've lost to us, let's be honest, we were controlling that game, not dominating, but we were out in front most of the game. It was ours to take. Pitt hasn't looked all that great since. I say Cleveland gets pumped and Hillis has fun!

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but nothing has impressed me with the Steelers. I think that Cleveland will beat them on the last game of the year. I really believe this, that Cleveland team really has something to play for on that last day, they can knock Pitt into the WC with no Home game and they'll do it if we give em the chance. Pitt should've lost to us, let's be honest, we were controlling that game, not dominating, but we were out in front most of the game. It was ours to take. Pitt hasn't looked all that great since. I say Cleveland gets pumped and Hillis has fun!

I'm hopeful because let's face it, they're not losing to the Panthers tonight. I agree with you, I think the Browns will be up for that game as opposed to playing out the stretch. Last year they upset the Steelers in Cleveland and it was like they won the SB. They can validate their whole season (at least in their fans eyes) by beating the Steelers in that last game. We have to take care of business as well though.