ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Banks Nails it

vmax

Baltimore Ravens (12-4)

They've got 12 wins and a four-game winning streak entering the postseason, and you still don't feel all that good about these Ravens, do you? Me neither, and I picked them to win it all in the preseason. Baltimore just doesn't seem to have what it takes to put teams away, rarely doing much more on offense than what it takes to win. The Ravens' biggest margin of victory this season against a team that finished with a winning record was its seven-point win over Tampa Bay in late November. Maybe they were saving themselves for the playoffs and are about to play their first complete game this Sunday in Kansas City. Or maybe winning the tough, close ones is who these Ravens really are.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/01/05/nfl-playoff-power-rankings/index.html

The Ravens don't get blown out.

They don't blow anybody out.

They play down to the level of their competition.

They play up to the level of their competition.

They have 'on paper' the best roster to win a Super Bowl.

'On paper' does not translate to reality.

There are enough players 'on that paper' who will not let this team lose.

What you see is their best.

This is their peak.

They win ugly.

They make opponents look ugly.

It's ugly football.

They just might go ugly all the way to the Super Bowl.

"Yea but their fans are beautiful!"

4-18790-685932-549913.JPG

I think that both myself and many other fans are overlooking the fact that we have not blown out in a single game this year. That is huge come playoff time. It shows that this team is capable of run despite the fact that we all feel the offense has underperformed. I would not doubt it if we went on a run, however I also wouldn't be surprised if we were one and done. This team is very hard to understand.

They're and enigma.

I've said this before and I'll say it again: We are a 12-4 who has led every single games this season, except one, heading into the fourth quarter. We can play with any team in the league and can beat any team in the league. In a crap shoot like the NFL playoffs, adding in the fact we are relatively healthy, that's all you can ask for. We have just as much of a chance to win the Super Bowl as anyone else.

Winning ugly ain’t all that bad," Cameron said. "I think we’ve proven we can win games in the teens, we can win games in the 20s and we’ve proven we can win games in the 30s. We’d all like to do it scoring over 30 points."

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/01/06/cam-stats-can-be-thrown-out/

The Ravens don't get blown out.

They don't blow anybody out.

They play down to the level of their competition.

They play up to the level of their competition.

... I omit something...
There are enough players 'on that paper' who will not let this team lose.

What you see is their best.

This is their peak.

They win ugly.

They make opponents look ugly.

It's ugly football.

They just might go ugly all the way to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, that reminds me of some team...