ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Still with Us

vmax

Some posters here may not know or remember Sock. He was a solid poster and good friend on this site.

Well..He's still with us...just channeling through...in the Pittsburgh papers...

We've pretty much established that the Steelers-Ravens matchup presents its own hyper-violent genre of competition, football on the far edges of sanity. Modern writers have taken their shots at describing it, but none probably came as close as Mark Twain describing a thunder storm just 127 years ago, or as they like to say, before the merger.

"WHACK — Bum! Bum! Bumble-umble-um-bum-bum-bum-bum — and the thunder would go rumbling and grumbling away, and quit — and then RIP comes another flash and another sockdolager!"

The first sockdolager of the most recent episode, Dec. 5 at Baltimore, arrived on the flying left paw of Ravens defensive tackle Haloti (Say Haloti to my little friend) Ngata, with which he rearranged Big Bloody Ben's nose so that the end pointed toward Annapolis. The last came via the hurtling 250-pound missile of a linebacker named Jameel McClain, whose collision with tight end Heath Miller left Miller in a mental place well over the state line.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bs-sp-behind-enemy-lines-0112-20110111,0,3167420.story

You can bet this game would be huge for him.

• Upvote 1

I miss posting back and forth with him, he was always introspective and his disdain for Mike Flynn was awesome lol. I don't know him personally, I never shook his hand, but none the less he is missed. Wow...I've been coming to this board for a long time now! :)

I still remember discovering the ESPN boards and finally being able to chat with Ravens fans only to get soooooo frustrated by all the tools that would just post nonsense that had nothing to do with Ravens football. I think it either, Sock, Max, Force, or Crav that sent me a message about this site. Been here ever since. I haven't even looked around at other Ravens fan sites truthfully, I just enjoy coming here :).

I miss posting back and forth with him, he was always introspective and his disdain for Mike Flynn was awesome lol. I don't know him personally, I never shook his hand, but none the less he is missed. Wow...I've been coming to this board for a long time now! smile.gif

I still remember discovering the ESPN boards and finally being able to chat with Ravens fans only to get soooooo frustrated by all the tools that would just post nonsense that had nothing to do with Ravens football. I think it either, Sock, Max, Force, or Crav that sent me a message about this site. Been here ever since. I haven't even looked around at other Ravens fan sites truthfully, I just enjoy coming here smile.gif.

Thank You!!!

I got to meet Sock a few times, he was a hell of a guy, when my Dad got Sick, I turned to Sock on occasions and discussed different Meds that Sock was on, and relay it back to my Dad...I KNOW, he and my Dad will be watching the game Saturday, just hope my Dad dosent do the Ravens "CAW CAW CAW!!!"