ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What's you Game Plan?

vmax

Preston gives us his theory on how to beat the Steelers...with one problem...

The Ravens 2010 season will be on the line Saturday, the offensive line.

There are several keys for heading into the AFC divisional playoffs against the Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field, but none more critical than the Ravens protecting quarterback Joe Flacco.

They have to keep him upright. If not, they can't win.

....But there is one problem. oh-jeez.gif

It's hard as hell to block the Steelers. They've got 48 sacks this season. It's even harder for the Ravens, who have allowed 44 sacks, including four last week in an AFC wild-card game against the Kansas City Chiefs.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-ravens-0114-20110113,0,5928069.column?page=1&utm_medium=feed&track=rss&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20baltimoresun%2Fsports%2Ffootball%2Frss2%20%28%20Ravens%2FFootball%29&utm_source=feedburner

So Mike gives us his game plan. What's yours?

I think you gameplan any way you want... and it doesn't matter.

These teams meet, it's going to be close. Probably field goal close. That's about it.

Joe could get sacked eight times. Our defense would carry the load. We'd have a chance to win it - or lose it - come the two minute warning.

Same goes for Ben. He could fumble and get picked over and over... and odds are, we'd screw it up somehow.

My game plan is to be the team with the ball with 4 minutes left. If we're winning... eat clock. If we're losing... score. It will be close enough either way.

I think you gameplan any way you want... and it doesn't matter.

These teams meet, it's going to be close. Probably field goal close. That's about it.

Joe could get sacked eight times. Our defense would carry the load. We'd have a chance to win it - or lose it - come the two minute warning.

Same goes for Ben. He could fumble and get picked over and over... and odds are, we'd screw it up somehow.

My game plan is to be the team with the ball with 4 minutes left. If we're winning... eat clock. If we're losing... score. It will be close enough either way.

You're right, right up to the last line. The winning gameplan is to be the team with the ball with 1 minute left. Winning or trailing, it doesn't matter. Ravens 20 or Steelers 20, it doesn't matter. THAT is the team that has the best chance of winning IMO.

These are the games you love, and hate at the same time.

Whatever the plan may be, just bring your A game and the Ravens should win this one.

I don't think it is that easy.

It will take A game plus a scheme that is better than ours to win. To say "just bring our 'A' game" means the Ravens are a better talent/skill set than the Steelers. There is no way. Our LB's are an equal match (though different schemes), our I think our safeties have the edge (our FS is a tad bit better than your SS, Ed and Troy equal each other), our D lines are equal, your O line is better than ours, our pass game is a bit better, your run game is a bit better. All in all, if both teams bring their "A" game without schemeing, the game will be won on a mistake, nothing else (which describes the last what, 4 or 5 reg. season meetings between our teams).

No, the winner will be the one whose totality of scheme and execution of said scheme is better than the other. This game will NOT be won on talent/skill alone.

It's not just the mistake that wins the game.

It's capitalizing on that mistake to make the team pay dearly for the mistake.

Looking at everything objectively, that's what the Steelers do and we don't.

The Steelers have made mistakes when they have played us and we haven't made them pay for the mistakes. We wanna win? WE HAVE TO MAKE THE RUST BUCKETS (SOCK) PAY FOR IT DEARLY!