ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kindle news

papasmurfbell

The article doesn't say anything new. I see nothing that says he's making any kind of progress.

And it sounds crazy but in a sense it seems like I might have needed that to wake up and see that there's a million people that want to be in the position I am in."

It does sound crazy Sergio...a million people wanting to be in the position where the next blow to the head might kill them.

I am not expecting anything from the guy, but he would be a nice surprise. There is no doubt he has the talent to be an impact player. We could have used him last season.

I agree, we could use a guy to compliment Suggs. Freeney has....."well that other guy", I can't think of his name right now. Mathis? In any case, they're an awfully deadly combo, it would be nice to have the Ravens field the same thing. Or, move Ray to OLB. I'm tellin you, that could be a great move for us! We need a MLB in the draft if we choose to do that however. Ray would be sick rushing the passer.

There are two chances this guy makes the team: slim and none, and slim left town.

Our better chance of realizing a formidable 1-2 pass rush (to complement Suggs) is through the draft. Either the dude from Ohio State or Wisonsis would be nice. We need a young buckaroo with a Michael McCrary non-stop motor and Raven like mentality :thumbup:

Pass rushers I like in no particular order.

Christian Ballard DT/DE can move up and down the line.

Adrian Clayborn DE Absolute stud.

Jeremy Beal DE absolute stud.

Cameron Heyward DE He can be moved around to create mismatch problem.

JJ Watt DE He is chaos on the field.

Cameron Jordan DE Another mismatch problem on an OL.

Von Miller DE/OLB I think within 2 yrs he would supplant Suggs as the primary pass rusher for the Ravens.

Jabaal Sheard DE/OLB He blows plays up.

Justin Houston DE/OLB Dude is a beast.

Muhammad Wilkerson DT I love this guy in the middle.

Corey Liuget, DE/DT True pocket crusher.

Allen Bailey DT Can get to the QB in the middle.

Marcell Dareus DT A freak.

Sione Fua DT Can help crease the pocket.

Cory Grant DT Can get in a QB's face.

Drake Nevis DT Straight stud.

Stephen Paea DT Ngata and this guy would do such damage inside.

Sam Acho DE Can cause OL's real problems.

Pierre Allen DE A later pick that can certainly help to make a QB's life hard.

Steven Friday DE A later pick that can help get to the QB.

Eddie Jones DE Solid pass rusher

Ryan Kerrigan DE He gets there.

Cliff Matthews DE A solid contributor in the pass rush.

Pernell McPhee DE A solid contributor in the pass rush.

Robert Quinn DE The dude is sick.

Greg Romeus DE He could be a steal.

Aldon Smith DE I like him.

This is what I have so far

Akeem Ayers OLB This guy is a monster off the edge.

Chris Carter OLB Comes off the edge really fast.

Brian Duncan OLB/ILB I like the versatility.

Dont'a Hightower LB Because of injury he could be a 2nd round steal.

Dontay Moch OLB He gets into the backfield and messes up plays.

Kenny Rowe OLB I like him as a situational pass rusher.

All in all I like how deep this pass rushing class is. The Ravens should be able to get 2 guys that can get to the QB in one way or another from this draft class. That will leave them with 4 other picks to fill other spots.

...The linebacker out of Texas acknowledged he has been tempted to see if he could handle contact.

“I tend to put a helmet on and bang my head against the wall – not ridiculous crazy hard – to see how it works. I’ve felt fine,” Kindle said. “I want to see what I can do before the doctors evaluate me.”

"Hey! He stole that idea from us!

It's my favorite ExtremeRavens Gameday ritual."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/02/kindle_is_looking_to_get_cleared_for_contact_soon.html

Kindle is looking to get cleared for contact soon

Sergio Kindle is looking to get cleared for contact over the next couple of weeks.

Kindle, the Ravens’ top draft pick in the 2010 draft, missed all of last season after he fractured his skull seven months ago by falling down two flights of stairs. He said he is scheduled to visit doctors in Michigan and Boston in an attempt to resume full football activities.

“I feel confident that I will get cleared,” Kindle said Tuesday. “But how I feel and what the doctors are evaluating are totally different things.”

Kindle recently increased his workouts to four times a week at Michael Johnson performance facility in suburban Dallas, where he has been running and lifting weights. The linebacker out of Texas acknowledged he has been tempted to see if he could handle contact.

“I tend to put a helmet on and bang my head against the wall – not ridiculous crazy hard – to see how it works. I’ve felt fine,” Kindle said. “I want to see what I can do before the doctors evaluate me.”

Kindle said he doesn’t know what tests will be conducted in Michigan and Boston.

“I don’t know how you would test contact without actually doing it,” Kindle said.

Kindle's rookie season hit another bump when he was arrested for driving under the influence in December. He faces a March 5 court date.

"There’s nothing for us to gain by not giving him an opportunity to become a player," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said last month. "We’ve got a lot invested in him right now. I think he understands what he needs to do. We will see based on what he does, but he’s a good person. He’s got a good heart. He wants to do the right thing, and he’s got a chance to be a very good player, so we’ll do everything we can to see if we can make that happen.”

With the uncertainty surrounding Kindle’s status, many draft experts have the Ravens drafting a pass rusher as early as the first round.

“I don’t mind. It’s just competition,” he said. “The Ravens are going to do what they need to do to better themselves as a team. Regardless of who they draft, and if I get cleared to play, that guy is going to have to fight for that position. Competition is a plus on the field.”

Kindle said the Ravens are seeking multiple opinions before getting cleared for contact drills. He said he’s “anxious” for his first hit.

“Even before I was hurt, I hadn’t had any contact national championship in 2010,” Kindle said. “It’s been a while. So I’m looking forward to it.”

Like I said, I am not keeping my hopes up with Kindle, but look at a guy like Charles Johnson on the Panthers. He was a second round pick and didn't do anything in his rookie year and a lot of Panther fans had all but written him off. Even after a subpar-2009 he came back and posted 11.5 sacks in 2010. It just shows if a guy with the type of talent Kindle has can get on the field, he can maybe become a solid player some day. It is just getting him on the field which is the problem.