ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Scary as shit

vmax

%20%20before%20and%20after.jpg

meth_before_after.png

yorkslincs_before_after_470_470x303.jpg

I don't know how much it takes but that pic is not really amazing compared with the many others on the net.

Yo man, I've done my fair share of drugs over the years. You have to know when to say when, and the hardest for me to quit was weed. I still crave a joint to this day, but in my job with drug testing it just isn't an option.

Meth and H are a far difference to weed, acid or shrooms. Once you get on the horse in the heavy stuff it isn't so easy to jump off. I would just be don't do that stuff.

For me I have never done anything that will not grow on the ground. My lack of trust for other people has always kept me away from even acid.

I've done both meth and heroin. It was easy to get off the horse. Speed was a bit harder, but doable. As far as acid, there hasn't been anything worth doing since the '70's. I spent many a weekend tripping my ass off. In the day it was Gandalf blotter. It ruled in California when I lived there.

That picture of the young girl hit home the most because I have a 15 yr old daughter. These are human beings reduced to the level of an animal. They are somebody's child...they once were no different than you and I. It doesn't look to me that they want to be like that. They can't stop. They have no hope. Wether they are conscous of it or not, the way they look says "I am suffering and I need help."

It's insane behavior. That's why we have the word insanity...to explain what can't be explained using reason. People cannot comprend how and why people would do this to themselves.

They are sick and need help...more than jail can offer.

Legalizing drugs is just a death sentence for people like this. They won't stop until they drop dead because of the easy access and cost. At least jail get's them off the street and the drugs out of their system and momentarily allows them to get their free will and self back.

Yes...many go right back to drug use as soon as they hit the streets. Insane.

Legalize it and we'll get like the China at the turn of the century (1800-1900...opium). A large population of useless people strung out on drugs. No bread winners...homeless children...and our nations welfare costs will skyrocket.

Put more money into intervention and drug treatment.

Put more money into intervention and drug treatment.

You can, but it'll make little difference. If people want to alter their reality through the use of drugs, which alcohol also is, they will do so regardless of laws. We all saw what an utter failure prohibition was. Our war on drugs which has been going on for decades has fared even worse. Our prisons are over flowing from people caught up in this shit, and we taxpayers are footing the bill with no end in sight.

I am all for rehabs. There are not enough of them now. People in their moment of clarity that want help are told to return in 2-3 weeks when a spot is available. That spot is used about none of the time by that person.

If legal then the tax revenue put on it can straight fund rehab programs that can work instead of a simple 28 day detox which never fixes the root problem. Now people get out of rehab clean and dumped back into the same environment they started using in with no coping skills to avoid getting high.

There is another reason to legalize and regulate drugs. If a child wants to buy alcohol they have to put up some effort to get it. Many steal it from their parents. Others have to go through a dog and pony show of finding someone to buy them some booze. I have been asked countless times by some kids to buy them beer. Do you think the local drug pusher checks ID when he is selling whatever he is selling. No. He wants cash and does not care from whom.

Also people will not get help until they have hit the bottom. You cannot make them. It does not work. Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan are examples of people who have not gotten their yet. But you have Robert Downey Jr and Martin Sheen who nose dived to find being clean.

People need rehab not jail. The fact is it is easy to get drugs in jail. They are just as prevelant there as they are on the street.

If legal there would be an immediate spike in use. I do think that % would lower fairly quickly and plateau at some lower level. Portugal has decriminalized drug use to stunningly great success. The problem in the US is so many people have been indoctrinated to believe that teh end of the world will come if the change to legal is made. This is done due to the financial incentives for groups from the alcohol industry to the jobs program of the criminal justice system. They all have a reason to have the status quo continue.

People need rehab not jail. The fact is it is easy to get drugs in jail. They are just as prevelant there as they are on the street.

Not really, but they are available at times. I know this from first hand experience. I spent four months in in 2006 in the Arizona DOC for DUI. (Don't worry, I didn't hurt anybody or hit anything) My cellmate (head peckerwood/white boy/biker dude) controlled over half of the drug traffic in the prison. The brothers and chicanos controlled the rest. The stuff was muled in on weekend visits from family or friends, shoved up an ass, and brought into general population. Sunday nights were really interesting at times. Walking through the yard and smelling the air you'd think a rope factory was burning. Cocaine, meth, heroine, whatever could also be had at a very hefty price. A few of the guards (making about $11 an hour) would also supplement their income by smuggling in illegal drugs. Since I wasn't doing drugs there, my hustle was to sell my clean urine for other inmates to pass the random drug tests. $10 (not cash, but commissary purchases) for a small shampoo bottle filled with my drug free pee. I didn't get rich, but I could keep myself stocked up with snacks, sodas, and tobacco, which is the currency of choice.

Yeah CO's are in it much of the time. They now sneak in cell phones so prisoners can run their outside business while inside.

Holy shit. You can get caught with drugs or making booze in prison, and you'll spend a couple weeks in the hole. Not that big a deal. You get caught with a cell phone, you'll leave whatever level prison you're in, and go to the hole in the next higher level. Forget any privileges for at least a year too. I saw it happen twice there.

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-08-18/justice/prison.cellphones_1_cell-phones-prisons-inmates?_s=PM:CRIME

They are trying to get permission to put jamming devices in the prisons to stop them. It is currently an FCC violation.

I doubt that'll ever happen. You can't jam just a specific area from phone signals. Where I was at there was a McDonalds, Circle K market, and a housing subdivision right across the street. How is it possible to discern exactly where the signal is coming from and block it without infringing upon the rights of others who happen to be in close proximity?

I don't think legalizing it will make much of a dip in crime. They still have to come up with the money to buy it. Since a life is worth about $30 to these people, I don't see much of a change in the murder rate. Theft would continue on the scale that it is because these people are unemployable and need money every day.

The drug gangs and pushers would disapper some but many would move on to something else...like car theft, making you pay to walk to your house, prostitution ect. They are not giving up their guns and lifestyle just because we make drugs legal.

Yea...which ever way it goes (legal/illegal)...if they don't want help or want to stop (many don't), then nothing can stop them. Allowing them to kill themselves or throw their lives down the toilet doesn't work because there is always another generation in line to fill their shoes.

The war on drugs is a huge cost and tactical situation that's failed.

It will be the same with it being legal. Welfare, housing, food stamps, abandonded children and families will keep those govermental costs around the same as the enforcement costs....and crime will go on.

I don't think legalizing it will make much of a dip in crime. They still have to come up with the money to buy it. Since a life is worth about $30 to these people, I don't see much of a change in the murder rate. Theft would continue on the scale that it is because these people are unemployable and need money every day.

The drug gangs and pushers would disapper some but many would move on to something else...like car theft, making you pay to walk to your house, prostitution ect. They are not giving up their guns and lifestyle just because we make drugs legal.

Yea...which ever way it goes (legal/illegal)...if they don't want help or want to stop (many don't), then nothing can stop them. Allowing them to kill themselves or throw their lives down the toilet doesn't work because there is always another generation in line to fill their shoes.

It will be the same with it being legal. Welfare, housing, food stamps, abandonded children and families will keep those govermental costs around the same as the enforcement costs....and crime will go on.

Of course it will. It's a human condition. Even without the factor of drugs/alcohol, there will be crime. There are thousands of other reasons people commit them, and that will never change.

Well the murder rate is actually on the seller side not the buyer side. Of course there are exceptions to that rule but by and large that is the case.

If legalized the total cost of buying drugs would probably go down. There would be no more lost drugs via seizures which drives up costs and in turn the price of street drugs. I would see a fairly high tax dropped on them for several reasons. One you do not want them being to cheap. I would expect rehab would be funded exclusively from drug sales. Also the Govt would also look to make revenue above and beyond rehab.

You can't have the price being to high either. Then again you create a black market with the violence that goes along with it. I expect to see your first police officer murdered for cigarettes here in MD within 10 yrs. They have so driven up the price on smokes that a flourishing black market has begun bringing in cheap cigs from out of states. The question is when will the price be willing to shoot the cop that catches you with an illegal truck full of smokes.

As to the drug gangs. Many of them will legitimize like Joe Kennedy and many other booze runners did.

The costs would drive down substantially if drugs were legalized. First the incarceration of millions of users would end. In that it costs about $47000 to house an inmate a yr and there about 504000 ddrug users in prisons (not in jail waiting for trial) it costs abou 23.688 billion to keep them. Then you have the vast number of police and drug enforcment around to catch them. Bmore has about $3000 officers for a small jurisdiction. They need that many to fight a war on drugs. If they were legal the number they need to patrol the streets would be halved at least. The DEA could be wiped away or at least dramatically diminished. In 2009 their budget was about 2.6 billion. If you add all the wasted expense of fighting a pointless war on drugs at the federal and state level it would have to cost us about a half trillion. BTW MD will be building a new prison in Jessup soon.

Again I look at the cato institute research from Portugal and it's lower drug usage and I say that welfare, food stamps, social services needs go down. Also their Aids rates went down. So those expenses would reduce. So put together the expense of a drug war infrastructure and the tax revenue from the sales of drugs. Also add in the income tax revenue from people who currently pay no taxes on their funds made and you are seeing huge amounts of cash.

Also We pay farmers in this country to til under their crops when harvests are to successful. We can have farmers growing weed, coca, peyote, and other plant forms of drugs. That would also save our forest land that currently is often being turned into hidden farms. That is more money saved and more tax revenue generated.

They are trying to get permission to put jamming devices in the prisons to stop them. It is currently an FCC violation.

shit my principal put a jamming device in my closet at work to knockout the range of phones within 50 ft. totally illegal, but it still didn't stop t-mobile, them bitches; drugs and sexting and coordinated violence persists...

btw I don't want to, but will casually comment on the disgusting characters I have to deal with from time to time, the city provides many such pictures as have been put up already; but imagine having them into your classroom to talk to you about their kid's 'work', or better yet how you can't get hold of them at all because they're dead or elsewhere while their progeny are filling the classrooms..., sometimes learning and surviving, many other times re-and-procreating the same horrid tendencies...

life teaching B'More's teens

I doubt that'll ever happen. You can't jam just a specific area from phone signals. Where I was at there was a McDonalds, Circle K market, and a housing subdivision right across the street. How is it possible to discern exactly where the signal is coming from and block it without infringing upon the rights of others who happen to be in close proximity?

dude it can be done somewhat generically but some services are just better (see my earlier post)

basically, noone (including myself) could get any service at all outside of some providers (t-mobile and another i can't remember) and like in extending-range setting, my phone continually searches for signal, thus draining the battery so that every day I have to recharge at the end of classes to leave with a charged phone. f***ing ridiculous

lol have you read 1984? Orwell posits the balancing of disposable resources internally by continual warfare to eliminate the need for conquerable external enemies and thereby ultimately keep everybody in check. It's complicated, but the war on drugs is a great example of something that fits the model he foresaw.