ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/WTF?! Pre Season Thread

vmax

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

How were those playoffs in 15-17?  Then in oct of 2018 24-23 Saints, 36-21 Panthers, and 23-16 Steelers.  The wheels were coming off but Harbs made no changes that were not thrust on him.  He was just playing the cards dealt to him and didnt try to get any  new ones.  He is not really a very good coach.  He really has no feel for a team.  He just plays what is in his lap.

It's Ozzie and Eric's job to give him the cards. You saw it. Joe got lazy and went to sleep once he got paid .

During that time the vast majority of NFL teams did not make it to the SB.

Harbs is a great HC. Do you need the reminder post of all his accomplishments? Reads like War and Peace. It will fill this thread. 

Edited by vmax

I hope Verity looks good tonight. There are a ton of teams with shifty inaccurate kickers  who can't make 30 yard FG's. Missed extra points. Eric might be able to get a 6th rounder if a bidding war develops So many games are lost because kickers can't consistently come through.

I most defiantly put Joe being a paycheck player on Ozzie.  I do not give Ozzie the credit so many do.  That said in 2018 harbs would have ridden a sinking ship to the bottom of the ocean with Joe.  Ppl were begging for harbs to bench Joe and even here but he wouldn't. It took Lamar being thrust upon him to make the correct move.  Add in the call to fire cam and several other situations over the yrs and it shows harbs has no feel for the team. 

3 minutes ago, vmax said:

I hope Verity looks good tonight. There are a ton of teams with shifty inaccurate kickers  who can't make 30 yard FG's. Missed extra points. Eric might be able to get a 6th rounder if a bidding war develops So many games are lost because kickers can't consistently come through.

If Eric can I love it.  If he can be stashed one more yr for a biddi ng war in 22 that better.

56 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

I most defiantly put Joe being a paycheck player on Ozzie.  I do not give Ozzie the credit so many do.  That said in 2018 harbs would have ridden a sinking ship to the bottom of the ocean with Joe.  Ppl were begging for harbs to bench Joe and even here but he wouldn't. It took Lamar being thrust upon him to make the correct move.  Add in the call to fire cam and several other situations over the yrs and it shows harbs has no feel for the team. 

You talk like Harbs was stuck with Lamar and didn't know what to do with him. Like he was the last one to see how bad the situation had become. That is so wrong.

That he was wedded to Joe. That is so wrong. Divorce was on the horizon once Lamar was drafted. The whole organization was wedded due to the astronomical divorce fee due to Joe winning a bet with Stve and Steve caving in and not letting the market set the cost.

Fact: Harbs was screaming in Ozzie's and Erics face to get Lamar draft day. He saw what 30 other teams didn't. He jumped for Joy.  He promoted Roman (who he brought in..give him credit...he gets good coaches...oh...I ask too much. sorry). With Eric, they crafted the vision for Lamars/Roman's offense. Most of the experts were totally skeptical  saying it's not sustainable. Too old School and unconventional. That it will flop. Harbs stuck to his guns thank God.Image result for funny thank you god Harbs and Lamar have transformed the NFL. He's an ahead of the curve, creative thinking and calculated risk taking coach. 

A winner. Best guess is that half the teams in the league would die to have him.

Any team who has an athletic QB who can run is adding that option. Teams are now drafting and trying to develop the next Lamar. 

We all breathed a sigh of relief once Lamar stepped on the field. Everybody, including Joe, knew Lamar was the heir apparent. The Question was when? Joe had a ridiculous CAP number. We all by this point were looking at his contracts length and counting the days. It hurt to watch him.Image result for Famous Quotes From W.C. Fields

Now...after I wasted my breath and fingers....because I'm stupid...

#20 coming up! :gorave:

Pre season or not...there is a scoreboard. It's there for a reason. It will have some numbers on it.

And it is the WTF'ers. 

It would be nice to get #20, yet I'll admit that getting Lamar, Stanley and the O line out there is very important....maybe some receivers???? Watkins?? .get them some live action work.

And I have my roster card because there are a lot of players who I want to see if they are the future.

• Upvote 1

Oh...did anybody see the 1st quarter of the BillsvPackers game.

Josh Allen was 10 of 11 for 90 yards on the opening drive. On 3rd and 20 from the GB 31, Allen threw a 31 yard TD dart. QB rating 158.

Point? The Ravens offense is going to need to score a lot of points this year and their defense needs to be real stingy.

If he wanted Lamar so bad why didn't he move to him earlier? Also they reupped Joe and I never once saw harbs say a word against that.  And I want some proof that harbs wanted Lamar so bad.  After the fact he did his usual pimping of a pick.   

If harbs can move on and chose to make a different move why did he not have duvand proche get on the field last yr.  The receiving corps was struggling and He had some new ammo but he did nothing to demand them getting pt.

He gets good coaches? Castillo and Can? Really? His best offense and of was kubes who he didn't want. 

If half the team in the league would want him so bad we should trade him like chucky.   I will take a cou0ke first rounders for him.

I don't mind a running qb. I just want him to be a competent passer.  Mahomes can run.  So can allen.  Same with Russell.   But what they can all do very well is throw the damned ball when they.have to.

I sighed in relief when Lamar stepped on the field bc Joe would not be on the field anymore.  If not for that injury Joe would have finished out that season the team would have had a bad record and harbs would have been fired.  I actually remember how it was a done deal harbs was done that yr with Joe.  The wheels were coming off the team and finally harbs was going to be shown for the loser he is.

Sure there is a scoreboard.  But who cares what happens during ps.  If a guy runs for 200 yds there but can't perform later whenit really counts it means nothing.  The Lombardi trophy is not awarded in August. 

I know Huntley is playing against the 2's and 3's but darn he looks good. He's playing with 2's and 3's.

Williams is running well.....4 carries...42 yards...10.5 ypc

Just now, papasmurfbell said:

Did he do anything the other 2 weeks?  I just dont remember him.

Not many opportunities. But at least he's healthy which is more than I can say to the starters.