ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

CBA will happen

vmax

We're back in business folks!

The NFL Players Association and the league's owners have reached agreement on the remaining points needed in their 10-year labor deal, sources from both sides said.

Despite the fact the new agreement will require a majority vote from the players, that part of the deal between the two sides is considered a formality, according to sources.

The NFLPA is making plans for a major press conference Monday. But first the player reps' executive committee is scheduled to fly to Washington, D.C., on Sunday so they can vote Monday.

Just as the NFL would not have called a vote Thursday in Atlanta without knowing it would pass in the way it did -- 31-0 with one abstention -- the NFLPA would also not be going forward without that assurance.

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith knows his executive committee, his players reps and the rest of his constituents well enough to know how they will vote.

Plus, no collective bargaining agreement has ever been turned down by the players when approved by leadership.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6797238/2011-nfl-lockout-owners-players-come-deal-all-points-sources-say

It's going to move fast and furious...I hear camp and Free Agency start the same day...Friday.

Teams will be wheeling and dealing at a high rate of speed.

The smart ones...the prepared ones, could make huge strides.

It's going to move fast and furious...I hear camp and Free Agency start the same day...Friday.

Teams will be wheeling and dealing at a high rate of speed.

The smart ones...the prepared ones, could make huge strides.

It sure is going to be a free-for-all. I have no idea what to expect but I sure hope they sign Yanda and that they turn up some good undrafted rookies.

Update:

Updated Jul 25, 2011 6:21 AM ET

Finally!

After years, months, weeks and days of haggling over all the details of a new collective bargaining agreement, the NFLPA and NFL finally came to an agreement on terms in the wee hours of Monday morning, FOXSports.com has learned.

The NFLPA player representatives and players still must vote to approve it, but at this point it appears a formality.

Sources within the negotiations told FOXSports.com that under the new agreement, the schedule will be different than originally reported. Under the new terms, team facilities will open as early as Tuesday and training camps will begin Thursday for 10 teams, Friday for another 10 and over the weekend for the remaining 12 teams.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-and-nflpa-agree-to-terms-of-new-collective-bargaining-agreement-072511

After months of no information or news to follow, that mountain of news is going to be compacted into days.

Information overload! Some of the landscape of the NFL is going to be changed.

The talent poor teams have a window to make some good/great improvements if they can convince players to play for them which is a very hard thing to do.

I'll have my car radio and Sirius satelite radio going with me all week to keep up with everything.

It is like Christmas...family is pouring into town.

matheson.jpgFrom our good friend Aaron Wilson...

."I want you guys to be prepared for the possibility of this week being very crazy," Foxworth wrote in an email obtained by the Times. "None of this is set in stone, but this is how the week may look. Players who are on a roster may be asked to report Wednesday or Thursday. A report date will likely involve a full physical and possibly a conditioning test, but no practice. The next two days will be non-padded helmets only."

Foxworth added that teams won't get into full pads until the fourth day of training camp with very few padded practices until the end of the preseason.

As for free agency, Foxworth wrote: "Free agents may be able to talk to teams as early as Tuesday or Wednesday but not sign with the team or report to camp until after we vote to reconstitute the union, negotiate benefits and ratify a CBA."

It's going to be a flurry of activity as soon as the labor deal is ratified.

"The time crunch will be tough on all of us, but may work to the advantage of some free agents," Foxworth wrote."As I said, none of this is set in stone, but I want to give you guys the latest information so you can begin to plan."

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/nfl-labor-deal-agreed-to-hectic-league-schedule-ready-to/article_4e17a7b4-b6b4-11e0-b4d5-001cc4c03286.html