ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens to Release Willis McGahee, Gregg, Heap, Mason

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

Per ESPN's Adam Shefter

I'm ok with this if this means bringing back the McClain-train and making him the short yardage back.

Edited by BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

Shit!

I heard Gregg will probably re-sign for cheaper. I can only hope the same is for Heap. Got to have the HEEEEEEEEAP man!

heap.jpg

Edited by BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

They better get Heap back, Pitta & Jones cant block like the Heapster..Plus Heap had a good year last year, I thought.

I have a feeling he will be back, but I'm sweating. I don't like this feeling. Heeeeeap!

wow!

That was quick.

Didn't see Gregg and Heap cuts comming. Maybe to rework their contracts, but Heap was a major part of the offense.

Heap is one play making MoFo.

Gregg is near the end and Arthur Jones, Cody, And McKinney can get the job done.

Looks like Ozzie has a serious plan about to unfold. He's not wasting any time.

yea...radio says Mason too.

This is heavy turnover.

They all have the same thing in common...age....but can you afford to loose Heap and Mason on a Super Bowl run?

The only way to get a pass rusher and offensive lineman to replace Chester is to cut guys so you can sign free agents. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough room under the cap to keep all these guys and fill our needs too.

Still, some of these guys will probably come back with smaller cap numbers.

Typical Ozzie...let them find their value on the market...they maybe he gets them at his price.

Or not typical? Maybe he's going with 'the youth movement'. That would be an organizational change in philosophy. They typically hang on to key players too long.

Typical Ozzie...let them find their value on the market...they maybe he gets them at his price.

Or not typical? Maybe he's going with 'the youth movement'. That would be an organizational change in philosophy. They typically hang on to key players too long.

Could indeed be the beginning of a youth move. In 2010 we drafted 2 TEs. This year we drafted 2 WRs. Maybe its time for Dickson and Pitta to step up and Torrey Smith and Tandon Ross and, damn I forgot his name (old age is a bitch) but that real tall WR we picked up after the season was over to take their positions.

Guest BallTMore

Could indeed be the beginning of a youth move. In 2010 we drafted 2 TEs. This year we drafted 2 WRs. Maybe its time for Dickson and Pitta to step up and Torrey Smith and Tandon Ross and, damn I forgot his name (old age is a bitch) but that real tall WR we picked up after the season was over to take their positions.

Now is not the time to experiment. Stick with what you know works. Mason works. Heap works.

Now is not the time to experiment. Stick with what you know works. Mason works. Heap works.

I know how you feel but like I said, we desperately need an outside pass rusher and at least one offensive lineman.

Or not typical? Maybe he's going with 'the youth movement'.

Then Ray-Ray would have been cut #1 if hes going yout movement

You know Ray's untouchable...he owns the team, front office, city... :)

Plus they have no MLB who can give even 40% of Rays production.

Get rid of Chester too.

Love the moves. It's all about business and there is no doubt in my mind that Ozzie is going to replace these guys with younger, more durable, and hungrier players. It's all about the team and we cannot afford to have distractions like Mason or McGahee. Sad to see Heap and Gregg go, but it is hard to count on players with their injury history. I'M PUMPED!!! LET'S GO!!!

Guest BallTMore
ad to see Heap and Gregg go, but it is hard to count on players with their injury history. I'M PUMPED!!! LET'S GO!!!

Can we please stop the "Heap is always injured" stuff? Good lord.

Mason is open to return, but isn't sure he will. Haven't heard from Heap, but WNST thinks he is gone for good. I'M NOT FREAKING OUT! MAX HAS KNOWLEDGE OF THINGS THEY ARE NOT WANTING YOU TO KNOW...