Points Per Game                        26.0    24.9
Points Allowed Per Game        22.9     25.0
Total Yards                                370.0    406.4
Yards Passing                           204.4    265.1
Yards Rushing                           165.6    141.3
Yards Allowed                           383.1    338.3
Pass Yards Allowed                  285.6    225.8
Rush Yards Allowed                    97.5    112.5

I'm not taking the Saints lightly. Stats are almost even.
At times Dalton has looked like a Raven killer. He's had some of his best games vs the Ravens and even knocked us out of a playoffs  in 2017. Dalton has gone 8-8 over his career against the Ravens, throwing for 21 touchdowns with eight interceptions. Remember, many of those Bengals teams were weak.
Since taking over for Jameis Winston back in Week 4, over his five games, Dalton has thrown nine touchdowns to four interceptions while passing for 1,175 yards.

Saints Last 5
DATE    OPP    RESULT
10/30/22    vs LV     W   24-0
10/20/22    @ARI    L  42-34
10/16/22    vs CIN    L  30-26
10/9/22    vs SEA    W 39-32
10/2/22    vs MIN    L   28-25

Kamara: 2022 SEASON STATS as a runner
ATT 95 17th
YDS 413 23rd
TD 1
Tied-41st
AVG  4.3

Kamara as a receiver:See the source image

Can't have this. Image result for Ravens vs Saints

Chris Olave WR #12
547 yards. REC 37. TD 2

Game Release: Ravens at Saints by Baltimore Ravens - Issuu

On the road. Monday night vs another team fighting for their playoff life.

However..... it needs mentioning, that the Ravens enjoy playing in stadiums where they win Super Bowls.:gorave:

It's also helpful that Lamar has thrown 12 TD's  vs 0 INT's on MNF.

image.jpeg.96010086231aa6a59fb8d94637044c8a.jpeg

Another prime time game, how will Lamar and the offense respond this week?

The Saints are a team that they should beat, but a team capable of beating them if they don't stay focused.

How will the defense play, with a new leader, with the knowledge that the team has added a play maker to their midst?

He is 3-2 completing 70% of his passes, nice. But it is more than those completions, the lack of interceptions, it is not seeing the open man for a big play. It is waiting too long to find him, leading to no gain or worse. It is even when he chooses to run, scramble... all of which look good on a Stat sheet, except for the Stat that shows loses.

This team knows Dalton very well, hit him, he will crumble....

Of 28 players (11 offensive, 17 defensive) who suffered Lisfranc injuries between 2000 and 2010, only two never returned to NFL competition. The median time to return was 11.1 months from the time of injury, and only three players returned in less than three months.

Analysis of pre- and postinjury athletic performance revealed no statistically significant changes after return to sport after Lisfranc injury

https://lermagazine.com/news/in-the-moment-sports-medicine/most-nfl-players-successfully-return-from-lisfranc-injury-but-it-takes-time

• Like 1

"He's just floating, and it looks so smooth," Lamar said. "Any time I just throw him the ball, it just falls into his hands. He's still the same DeSean to me – from what I grew up seeing. We're just going to have to see when he gets on that field."

"I would characterize J.K.'s surgery as a smashing success as far as you can tell right now," Harbaugh said. "He has no additional scar tissue since he has come out of there. That was a key thing in the first couple days, does scar tissue start to accumulate; it did not. They got almost all of it out, and it was significant.

"[Dr.] Leigh Ann Curl did the surgery and she told me when she went in there, the MRI didn't tell the whole story.The MRI didn't see all the scar tissue that was in there, so what he was dealing with was very significant. For him to get that freed up, I can't wait until he's out here running around in three or four weeks."DeSean Jackson Says He’s Ready, Likely to Play vs. Saints on Monday Night Football (baltimoreravens.com)

If Andrews and Gus are really banged up then rest them. They'll have 23 days to get healthy for the stretch run. 

For second straight day, TE Mark Andrews (shoulder, knee) and RB Gus Edwards (hamstring) did not practice. CB Marcus Peters was absent Friday, but it's likely a rest day. OT Ronnie Stanley returned after missing Thursday .Ravens play at New Orleans on Monday night.
Ravens TE Mark Andrews has never missed a game due to injury in his 5-year career. But he would get an extended break (24 days in between games) if he doesn't play Monday because of the bye after this game. Ravens would get a healthier Andrews heading into second half of season
If Gus Edwards (hamstring) doesn't play, the Ravens would rely on Kenyan Drake and Justice Hill vs. the Saints. Drake leads Baltimore running backs with 251 yards rushing this year, and Hill tops all Ravens RBs with a 6.4-yard per carry average.

It's going to be real interesting to see what this roster looks like for week 11.

We have this going for us: "Stat to know: Jackson will play against the Saints for the first time this Sunday. **Lamar is 25-2 in his first starts against teams in his career. That is the best record since 1950 among QBs to start against at least 20 different teams, according to Elias Sports Bureau**."  Jamison Hensley🥸

Yeah the injury bug keeps biting us in the ass. I too would rest Andrews and Edwards. 24 days off has got to  help them. I'd activate Desean; let's see if he has anything left in the tank.

Our backup running backs and Lamar should give us some semblance of a running game and Duv and Likely will hopefully stay healthy and active and perform well.

The one thing that scares me is Andy Dalton---a Ravens killer from way back.

I have a feeling that IF we win this one we'll take the division. If we lose, all bets are off.

• Like 1

The hits just keep on coming...

Jamison Hensley • 
Ravens WR Demarcus Robinson (groin) was added to Friday's injury report and was limited.

That means the only Baltimore WRs on the active roster and not on the injury report are: Devin Duvernay, Tylan Wallace and James Proche.

DeSean Jackson and Andy Isabella are on PS.

Jamison Hensley • 
Ravens injury report (Friday)

DID NOT PRACTICE
TE Mark Andrews (knee, shoulder)
RB Gus Edwards (hamstring)

LIMITED
OT Ronnie Stanley
WR Demarcus Robinson (groin)

FULL
CB Marlon Humphrey (hamstring)
OLB David Ojabo (Achilles)
OLB Tyus Bowser (Achilles):gorave:
LB Josh Bynes (quad)

Yea. We caught a break there. The D has to win the day..

Ravens projected offensive skill positions at Saints:

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB: Kenyan Drake/Justice Hill
WR: Devin Duvernay
WR: James Proche/Tylan Wallace/DeSean Jackson
TE: Isaiah Likely

The first-place Ravens are extremely banged up heading into Monday's game at the Saints.

But, after Monday night, Baltimore (5-3) doesn't play again until Nov. 20 vs. Panthers. That will be an important break for Ravens to get healthy.

Kyle Hamilton has made all of the necessary adjustments to becoming a solid NFL player for the Ravens.

He was recently rated as the highest rookie safety in the NFL with a 77.5 grade, according to to Pro Football Focus.  

"As the 14th overall selection in the 2022 NFL Draft, Hamilton hasn’t been a Ravens starter, but he has played 20-plus snaps in five of eight games, improving as the season has gone on," PFF's Gordon McGuinness wrote. "After missing two tackles in the season opener against the New York Jets, he has missed just one over the next seven games. He's shown plenty of versatility, as impressed in slot coverage against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week, allowing just two receptions from 31 snaps in coverage."Ravens Kyle Hamilton Rated As Top Rookie Safety - Sports Illustrated Baltimore Ravens News, Analysis and More

7475EA22_53B7_4D6D_8A4A_812EB5CFBE85.jpeg

Edited by vmax

Ravens didn't get any help today. 

Jeff Zrebiec • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 2:33 PM
Ravens TE Mark Andrews (neck/shoulder) has officially been ruled out for Monday’s game in New Orleans. He didn’t travel with the team.

Duverney: “I know what I'm capable of. I know what I can do and like to do. If people sleep, that's on them.”

Our offensive line played awesome. Lamar's passing was off but man he made up for it with his legs. Houston was a monster on D.

The team stayed focused for 4 quarters!

Can't wait until we get Andrews, Gus, and JK back at the same time.

DeSean Jackson looked good at WR until he tweaked his hamstring.

Roman called a good game.

They did what was needed to beat a bad team.

But if Lamar wants to be paid like Mahomes, Allen, etc, he has got to learn how to throw better, make better decisions.

The pass to Likely, floating it over a linebacker, has to be hit, a major momentum play. He had to throw it properly to Robinson, an easy long touchdown. He has to throw it timely to Jackson, just as he is making his break, then Jackson can catch and make a move instead of being tackled right away.

He has to see the field, on their second touchdown drive where he hits Drake in the flat for a first down, he had I think it was Proche wide open over the middle with a clear path to the endzone.

Now Drake takes it in a few plays later, and Lamar made a few throws that were, wow, and I am not saying make all of the throws, no one does, everyone misses a throw no & then. But reading a defense, seeing the field, making certain types of throws, yes, those are things you pay top dollar for a quarterback.

Decisions, on he kept it on a zone read, was tackled for no gain. Had he given it to Drake, who had a huge hole, it's at least a 4-5 yard gain.

These are just a few examples, the same ones in every game, win or lose. Together they are indications that he is not progressing as a passer.

Yes his legs are great, he also makes some incredible throws, but in five years, will he still be able to run? If not, the zone read goes away, those types of passes that are needed to extend leads, to gain first downs, to score, to win, are going to be very important.

On to the bye week, get healthy, then come back and destroy another bad team.

Lamar left at least 2 TD's on the field due to accuracy issues.

However....

See the source image

There was so much to love! dr-strangelove-peter-sellers.jpg?w=450

Let's give Macdonald a shout out. He's learned what his players can do and how to best use them. He's finally getting a healthy roster. eric got him some serious help with Smith. This D is fired up and fun to watch.

The 2022 Ravens finally have an identity. Smothering defense, great Special Teams and a ground and pound #5 scoring offense. Just in time for December and January football. :gorave:

Great points Max.  In spite of Lamar's limitations but because of his wheels, the O is moving the chains and scoring.

I really like the OL and DL which are coming together and IF (big IF) they can stay healthy, could become more dominant down the stretch.

Its slowly, quietly becoming an intriguing team.   And yes, with the addition of Roquan, the D is dang fun to watch!