ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game 1 Houston

oldno82

Well the game was fair. There is a lot of work to be done on the offense both passing and rushing left a lot to be desired but there were some fine moments by OBJ and Flowers. The O line needs to pass protect better and open some holes for the backs. Lamar looked very rusty.

Defense played well but pass coverage is an issue. Pass rush was there but kind of petered out in third quarter.

17 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

How long before the OBJ poutfest starts?

I doubt it happens. They doubled him most of the game, one reason Bateman was open over the middle so often.

Once Andrews gets back, they won't be able to double both of them so I expect more chances for Obj going forward.

9 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

Well the game was fair. There is a lot of work to be done on the offense both passing and rushing left a lot to be desired but there were some fine moments by OBJ and Flowers. The O line needs to pass protect better and open some holes for the backs. Lamar looked very rusty.

Defense played well but pass coverage is an issue. Pass rush was there but kind of petered out in third quarter.

I wad very pleased with Clowney, great effort all game. He put a lot of pressure on Stroud, caused a few sacks though he won't get the stats for them.

Madebeke also played well pushing the pocket, but that was over shadowed by his 2 15 yard penalties that kept drives alive.

Granted, Oweh and Ojaba also had sacks, a strip sack but against replacement players. It should give them confidence, but we must take it with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

I wad very pleased with Clowney, great effort all game. He put a lot of pressure on Stroud, caused a few sacks though he won't get the stats for them.

Madebeke also played well pushing the pocket, but that was over shadowed by his 2 15 yard penalties that kept drives alive.

Granted, Oweh and Ojaba also had sacks, a strip sack but against replacement players. It should give them confidence, but we must take it with a grain of salt.

I agree with all of that.