ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Browns @ Ravens II

tsylvester

Yes, the Ravens are getting into the meat of their schedule, though by record, they have already crushed 3 teams with winning records, by a combined score of 103-12, including one game in Cleveland where they smashed a Watson-less team, 28-3.

So other than the location and the addition of Watson, what will the Ravens face?

The lure of resting on their laurels, pride of knowing the recent past. Two things that sink a good team from time to time. So who are the Browns (5-3) now? They have lost 2 of 3 games by 4 points each.

With Watson, who has only played in 5 games this year, He is completing 62% of his passes, for 902 yards,  with 6 tds and 3 into. He has been sacked 13 times and will be without starting left Jedric Willis Jr, so who will be their starting tackles remains a mystery.

Watson is averaging 180 per games, 6.2 yards per pass.

They are averaging 144 yards per game on the ground, 4 yards per. As usual when they face the Ravens, they like to run off tackle where they seem to have success. Stopping the run, especially those to the outside will be key to shutting down this offense.

The 2nd key is to get to Watson, who, when hit early and often, is prone to making mistakes, turning the ball over. As a team they have fumbled 13 times, losing 6. They are -4 in turnovers.

Their defense is allowing only 256 total yards per game, 89 on the ground, 3.7 yards per carry. They have 7 interceptions on the season and an impressive 27 sacks.

These teams know each other well, if the Ravens play with the fire and passion of the past few games, the results should be the same. Special teams played well in the last game, they must do the same this time.

Ravens - Browns another quintessential AFCN slobberknocker. Whoever executes and plays the best error free ball wins.
Would love to see a great game from Keaton Mitchell following last weeks debut.
I don’t care about margin of victory or style points; just get the W !  

Go Ravens 👍

• Upvote 1

What ya love to hear

Agent 0 on this match up

"Good veteran quarterback. Been in the league for a while. Got a lot of respect for him," linebacker Roquan Smith said. "A guy that can let it rip and he's able to use his legs as well. We'll be very prepared for it.  "This is our territory. This is our Bank. We've got to protect our money. We've got to do that by any means necessary. We're definitely going to welcome him here and lock the gates and then we're going to slug it out. However it happens, it's going to happen, but I like us."

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-defense-ready-welcome-deshaun-watson-mt-bank-stadium-baltimore-week-10

Queen:

He can put the ball anywhere on the field, he can run. He does not want to slide, so anytime you've got a quarterback that's willing to lower that shoulder, that's a huge threat to your defense," linebacker Patrick Queen said.

"We've just got to go out there and play our game, honestly. It could be any quarterback in the league that goes out there. It's up to us, what we want to do, how we want to be remembered, how we want to play, how we want the defense to look when we play the Cleveland Browns."

I like to attitude, respect and mojo going into this game.  Still, we have witnessed outcomes in last three games - Lions, Cards, Seahawks - that caught us all by surprise.

What's next; Who knows?   I said before and still believe the team that minimizes errors and executes best wins. 

However, after all these accolades (Mitchell, Lamar MVP, top D) and having already waxed the Browns on their field, I can't but help think the team will be "down" or flat.  

I fully expect a very close game with perhaps the good guys having to play from behind - due to a couple of miscues from the offense.           

Either way, it should be a slobberknocker and a tight game. 

The matchup that may make the difference is how they handle Myles Garrett. I know Stanley can't stop him one on one anymore so look for Ricard to give him some help on chip blocks.

I dunno about Watson. He's always mentioned as a good quarterback but, in the games we've played with him, he has never impressed me.

I think the Ravens win a fairly close game if only because of the Browns' D and what Varaven said about us maybe coming out flat.

Should be a good game to watch as long as that officiating is fairly applied to both sides.

Preston's take on the O-line:

Offensive line

The main reason the Ravens have the league’s top rushing offense is that they can move defensive lines off the ball. That wasn’t the case in recent weeks, especially inside the red zone, but that’s no longer a problem. The middle of this group has been dominant with center Tyler Linderbaum, right guard Kevin Zeitler and left guard John Simpson. Linderbaum has performed at a Pro Bowl level with his quickness and ability to make blocks into the second level. Right tackle Morgan Moses excels at run blocking but has problems with speed rushers. Left tackle Ronnie Stanley has struggled with both speed and power rushers, and it appears his surgically repaired ankle no longer allows him to plant and push off. Overall, the run blocking has been good, but the pass protection needs to improve. Grade: B

7 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Just a Friday feeling, but with the Browns without their top 3 offensive tackles, I'm feeling 44-13, and I hate to try & predict game scores..mm🤔

I really hope so, Tsyl. Our defense should prosper but Cleveland's Defense is damned good. I see a closer win in a slobberknocker. Maybe 20-10.