ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Browns @ Ravens II

tsylvester

The NFL Is Not Freekn  Legit. Gotta sell all the teams junk. Keep divisions close so all gullible fans buy jerseys, cups, helmets, footballs and all the other trash(beer) they sell to fans. Gotta keep divisions close to sell the stuff. Oh and fine players whose jerseys aren’t selling. SMH sorry for the ranting. 😉

• Upvote 1

3 loses, all 3 the Ravens had the lead, maybe even should have won.

Not sure what to expect Thursday, meh, it's a night game so I will have to record it and delve into it on Friday.

We know the defense is not as bad as they looked in the 2nd half. They got out muscled, out bullied, were a step behind each time.

Even when they, Oweh, forced that fumble at the end, the ball just did not bounce their way, Madebeke I think it was, was a step too slow reacting, the 3rd string tackle beat him to it.

Can't win them all but ya gotta win the wins you should if you are a or want to be a good team.

4 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

This loss is on the D. 31 points scored and they couldn't stop an offense that really isn't that good.

The only criticism of the offense I have is that they didn't run the ball more as the game went on.

Is Keaton MItchell hurt?

It’s a team loss - offense and defense didn’t execute at key moments of the game; didn’t play complimentary ball like they did against Seattle and Detroit.  

IDK - maybe they needed to get smacked around - and the Browns obliged- and we’ll wake up Thursday night against Cincy.

I think Cincy game is our season. If we lay another egg like today, we will drop to 2nd place (Steelers/Browns winner would take over 1st place). I think we would lose our mojo big time if we go down that night.

if, however, we play complimentary ball, execute at critical moments and play 4 quarters, we can win.

After listening to all the pundits say the Ravens are the best team in the AFC (Shannon Sharpe) and todays game would be a *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***, you wonder how much players pay attention to the media and talking heads, rather than just playing the dang game.  I mean nobody gave the Browns a chance today - their OL was beat up, Watson was a bum, etc.   

I don’t know what to make of this team.  They are a potentially good team when everything and everyone is firing on all cylinders.  But when they face adversity or pressure, esp in the 4th quarter, they are a mediocre to below average team.

if I’m the coach of the team, this Thursday is our Super Bowl and chance to redeem last years playoff loss. If we don’t capitalize Thursday night, this team is in trouble. 

We’ll know Friday morning whether this team is a pretender or contender.

Eh, I hate the advanced stats, the made up, by Espn, one, expected this or that.

Look, this team has lost an astounding number of games when they had a double digit lead. Why? The offense bogs down, the defense let's up? Both?

The last Browns drive, false start, strip sack, normally the defense gets off of the field with a start like that, but they didn't. Why? Left the middle wide open for a big gain.

Over and over their tight end killed the Ravens defense with a 2 yard flat pass, breaking tackles for 8, 10 yard gains.

No answer from the Ravens defense, none.

With all of that said, while this team "should", could be undefeated, you can't win them all, the Phins of the 70's were an aberration.

The coaches, offensively and defensively, got carried away with plays. The players maybe let up a little bit after the way the game started, even after going up 31-17, when it was too late to turn it back on.

We can't blame injuries, the Browns came in with more, lost more players during the game.

Shoot, Watson was playing on a gimpy ankle.

They were just more physical as the game went on, Lamar decked, Oweh decked, VanNoy planted just to name a few. It happens.

I think the Ravens' lack the ability to adapt during a game. It's not just one size fits all. Some games require you pass even with a lead; others require more rushing attempts. There is a fine line between keeping the pedal to the metal or switching to a lower gear. In all three losses we've failed on some level to adapt appropriately.

ESPN stats are always 'valuable' AFTER the fact. Makes me wonder what happens to all the ESPN stats that were in our favor BEFORE the game was played. I take those stats, all of them, with a grain of salt. Same goes for the in game analysis during a game...the analysts always go with who's winning at the time and make them sound nearly unbeatable.

You aren't going to win or look good in all 17 games in a season. No team does. We just have to put this one behind us and concentrate on beating the crap out of the Bengals this Thursday. Four days doesn't leave us the time to feel sorry for ourselves.