ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Jaguars weather

tsylvester

Yep, sure sounds like a mess...even windier than it was here. Won't be looking for any deep passing. Instead, they should concentrate on the ground game and short to medium range passing, relying on our WRs and on Keaton Mitchell to get YAC. I've got a positive vibe about this game for some unknown reason. We shall see if that pans out.

I hope they don't have to play Kyle Hamilton...we'll need him more for the 49'ers and Dolphins. But if he can go at full speed without danger of re-injury, that would be a big plus.

Hey Crav how you doing??

I checked NOAA and they said rain should end by 8pm Sunday but winds will still be gusting up to 40 mph. That might benefit us as Lamar isn't too good about throwing bombs but does throw a mean mid-range pass.

Doing well thank you, I just can't wait for the winds to change we been dealing with 35 mph winds from the northeast all week, wrecked havoc on my Christmas lights, flipped them all onto the roof, Big storm is coming from the SW so I hope it flips them back down 😂

The jags have a decent rush D, hopefully Lamar can dink and dunk and loosen that D up

Rain has stopped, I'm 100 miles south of Jax, we got a boat load of rain, pool is filled. Bits of sun and blue sky have appeared,I'll give it 3 hrs and Jax should see the same. We should be good for tonight. Now it's your turn in the mid Atlantic, I hear this storm turning into a nasty noreaster for you all, be safe.

Well, it was not pretty, but it is a W and playoff bound.

How do you hold a team to under 10 pts? You keep their offense off the field, the defense held them to 3 of 13 on third down, outstanding.

Yes, they got some help with this win, missed field goals, a botched end of half series. Only 1 sack, Madebeke kept his record going (and his pay day), Mitchel, man, the Ravens just can't keep runningbacks healthy.

The Jags made sure to keep the passing down, playing man under most of the game, but that allowed Lamar to run free. But they also sacked him 3 times, this line is getting leaky, next week will be their biggest test from that SanFran pass rush.

Sure, the pundits will call that game a possible Super Bowl pre-match. Not sure about that, just take care of business and see where we are when the dust settles.

A W is a W is right on.  We'll take it but we were the benefactors of some huge Jag's blunders. 

Losing Mitchell is huge; the kid is coming into his own and he was our only home run threat RB. 

Lamar did his thing and is proving his worth/value every game.  We will need a very good to great Lamar and a

stellar D to take this team deep into the playoffs. 

Next Mondays SF game is intriguing.         

Mistakes happen, players fold a bit under pressure. Lamar broke the rule about throwing late over the middle numerous times these past few games and this time, it cost him.

He got away with that heroic pass to Likely, though his explanation made sense. It was a turning point in that game.

Another miss by the special teams allowing that big return in the last minute & a half of the first half. Thankfully, the Jags were out of timeouts and Lawrence wanted to try to catch the defense napping.

Still, 200 + yards rushing, while the score was not indicative of the game, a W was had.

Purdy, as good as he has been, is a statue in the pocket. Sure, he can move around a bit, but if the defense can take away his first read, they can feast on him.

When you're playing playoff caliber teams, even an ugly win has lipstick on it. I don't care if they have ugly wins the rest of the season at this point.

Regarding Lamar: his passing is what it is. It's usually effective, but not as perfect as we would like. Still, he has tremendous mobility in the pocket to extend plays and it is definitely needed with the physical limitations our two tackles have. I don't think we would have won that game with a quarterback other than Lamar.

So it's on to SFO and here's hoping we can pull out a win somehow against what I consider the best team in the NFL. I don't think we win this one but I like our chances against Miami and Pittsburgh here at home.

Damned shame about Mitchell. We need him. Hope he can come back from this and not wind up like JK.