ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Today's Post Season Presser

oldno82

Thanks for posting.

All I can say is I have little idea what point Harbs was trying to make with the lack of rushing attempts. His claim that we got behind and had to pass doesn't quite sound right to me. We were only behind by 1 TD so I don't know why we didn't try and mix it up more. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

But he's right in one way: if Zay had not lost the ball at the one yard line and if Lamar hadn't thrown into triple coverage for the INT in the end zone, the outcome would have been different.

But if we had run more maybe we wouldn't have had those 2 pass plays blow up in our faces.

It also seemed to me that he threw Monken under the bus a little by saying the Chiefs had a better game plan than we did. Maybe that was justified. But that is an internal team thing that isn't visible to us on the outside.

I do have one prediction: next year, the last year of his contract, will be Harbs last year of coaching one way or another.

The biggest "news" whether slip of the tongue or a bad misleading statement is that they expect Weaver to turn down the offer from the Dolpins to be their DC and stay here.

Everything else is/was pretty much a known or expected, ie, Queen and the big fella wanted, talking contracts, etc...

Three opinions:

1) Don't understand why no reporter asked DeCosta, when he was discussing injured players, about Keaton Mitchell.

2) The fact that the team and Mike McDonald are high on Zach Orr is reassuring...but Orr is an unknown quantity to me...I tend to think Roquan was/is responsible for the great linebacking we had.

3) The fact that we failed to make offensive adjustments on offense to re-establish the running game last week, has to fall on Todd Monken. But, I still think he is a very good offensive coordinator for us. Maybe he learned a little bit.

1 hour ago, oldno82 said:

3) The fact that we failed to make offensive adjustments on offense to re-establish the running game last week, has to fall on Todd Monken. But, I still think he is a very good offensive coordinator for us. Maybe he learned a little bit.

So when Joe was asked to fling the ball all over the place when the team had a big lead in the 4th on several occasions ignoring Rice who said he would never let that happen again?  When Lamar had a big lead in the 4th on several occasions and for some reason Roman decided to fling the ball to grab the L who acknowledged that?  Seems to be 1 common denominator.

Well, what we don't know and will likely never know, sorry to repeat my self;

Did Lamar change plays from running plays to the pass? How many times?

Without knowing the answer to those two questions it is difficult, if not impossible to place blame on either Todd nor Harbs.

Yes, we can speculate that the Cheifs expected the Ravens to have a run heavey scheme & that the Ravens knew the Cheifs would expect such an attachment.

Thus, the Ravens tried to "fool" the Cheifs by coming out throwing.

This would be fine and dandy even though it didn't work in the first half.

But the 2nd half should have been a correction to run the ball.

Yes, it is plausible that the Ravens out started themselves, it happens.

But knowing that they made it loud & clear pre season and during the season how much Lamar had control over the offense, I start to think it more likely that he audibled out of running plays to pass plays.

Todd has shown all season, and in his time at Georgia, that he makes great half time adjustments. I dount he would see that Lamar is struggling with the pass game, trying too hard to make a big play, and then not adjust.

When his qb would do that at Georgia in the first quarter, first half, Todd would call 10 straight running plays, even if it meant 3 & put until his qb got the message.

I think you're right...we really don't know who is responsible for the mess-up regarding not running the ball, but by the second half there should have been an adjustment. I don't know if Lamar is so in love with the passing game that he would only call 6 rushing plays. Same goes for Monken. But for sure, someone should have made the necessary adjustments. We'll just never know for sure who that was, and that's a real kick in the ass.

Well, they, the league, clearly  had words for the officials at half time to keep the game close. Telling them to start calling the holding penalties on the Cheifs in the 2nd half.

What, you think the most penalized lines in the league didn't hold in the first half, only the 2nd?

Hmmmm

• Upvote 1