ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Jets

vmax

I have a lot of thoughts on this game, but I'll start with one only.

I see Rex designing a defensive scheme like the Titans did...because that was effective kryptonite for Joe and the offense.

He will take away the WR's....and blitz away...and run blitz.

I actually want Evans to play if his leg is basicly ok. Yea...resting until after the bye is best for Lee but this is an AFC game and critical to the Ravens playoff chances.

Cam can counter Rex with Evans, Bouldin and Smith

Bouldin, Smith and Doss/Williams...no shot.

ravens-rams2pg-vertical.jpg

Edited by vmax

I see a close hard fought game because this is the Jets "Heading for the Alamo" game looking at their road ahead. If they don' t bring it and play a hard 60 minute game then their playoff hopes are in trouble.

Could be up to the 12'th man.

With Buffalo's strong start, I think the Jets are in serious trouble of being on the outside looking in for the playoffs. Alot can happen, but a loss Sunday night would really impact the Jets hopes. With Buffalo and NE playing so well. They'd have to beat those two teams 3 out of 4. No way .500 would get them in. I personally think they were more hyped than they were actually good. They have not added playmakers to that team from FA or the draft, not impressed so far.

Watch my foot end up in my mouth! lol

If both teams bring their 'A' game, I agree with Max that it will be close and tough. If the Ravens lapse we're in trouble. If the Jets don't win I agree their playoff hopes are slim unless Buffalo folds. Thats the best I can say about this game. :gorave:

I have a lot of thoughts on this game, but I'll start with one only.

I see Rex designing a defensive scheme like the Titans did...because that was effective kryptonite for Joe and the offense.

He will take away the WR's....and blitz away...and run blitz.

I actually want Evans to play if his leg is basicly ok. Yea...resting until after the bye is best for Lee but this is an AFC game and critical to the Ravens playoff chances.

Cam can counter Rex with Evans, Bouldin and Smith

Bouldin, Smith and Doss/Williams...no shot.

ravens-rams2pg-vertical.jpg

I am hoping that after a 3 TD performance, the Jets will have to respect Smith and that will force them to think twice about giving the front 7 too much help with containing Rice. If they do single Smith then Joe needs to take his shot. Cam said Smith was open when he played against the Titans, Joe just didn't pull the trigger. Dickson should also see single coverage downfield, and Pitta on shorter routes. The Ravens have a lot of weapons, it's up to Joe to go through his progressions, find where the Jets are gambling and make them pay.

See, Jets have holes and lots of them! We didn't move the ball like crazy on offense, but we did get the running game going enough in the 2nd half. The Jets O is terrible and they will not make the playoffs this year. I'd gamble that they'll be back with a vengeance in 2012.

The season isn't over by any means but they have one hell of an up hill battle.