ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The pick is in

One of the better picks they could have made given the run on OTs. But who is going to play RT this year? By that I mean who's ready at pick 62 to start at RT? I fear the answer is 'nobody'.

One word I think describes Wiggins, cagey.

May be the best corner in the draft, could also be a while before we see him shine. He is not the most, toughest, takes chances relying on his speed too much, rather than technique and route recognition.

Like you, I would have preferred DeSean over Wiggins, more versatile and a better tackler. But can't  complain.

I'm sure, with Legget on the board, many fans were, are, clamoring this morning.

The Vikes made a huge mistake with McCarthy, wow. There is a reason Michigan would rather run 3 times and punt, and it wasn't just because they had a strong defense nor good running game.

There are few edge rushers in this draft ready to step in right away, most need a few years.

Plenty of offensive linemen left, even with that small run in the first  many who can play right away.

Defense linemen were thin to begin with but there are several who can be very good depth.

Getting the speedy demon corner now was well worth it, 4.2 speed, coach him up on how best to use it.

9 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I imagine Faalele is starting at RT.  I worry about who plays LT if Ronnie cant play.

I understand your concerns about Stanley but I think he can give us one more year. Faalelle is big and has some talent but I see him more as a backup or rotational guy. That's why I'm worried here...plus our depth is non-existent.

2 hours ago, oldno82 said:

I understand your concerns about Stanley but I think he can give us one more year. Faalelle is big and has some talent but I see him more as a backup or rotational guy. That's why I'm worried here...plus our depth is non-existent.

Ronnie looked pretty bad last yr.  I don’t expect much more.

4 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Hi Dee...yeah they gave it a D but had him ranked at 34 on their big board. I don't know anything about the guy except what I've read here and online.

Hiya 82! I'll read more about him. I have no idea! lol.

30 minutes ago, deeshopper said:

Hiya 82! I'll read more about him. I have no idea! lol.

Extra, extra, read all about him, he is the fastest corner in the draft, at the combine, only a few 100's of a second kept him from being the fastest player at the combine.

The dude is effort personafide, outstanding for someone so young, he will be 21 at the start of the season. Has the height and long arms to contend with big receivers, has the instincts to read a receiver and know when the ball is in the air,  then breaking on the ball.

As I said way above, he does tend to rely on his speed too often rather than technique, but that is coachable. Some stats, key stats, yeah, it sure was a "d" pick..🤐

2022: Led the team with 12 PBUs. Played in 13 games with 11 starts (22 tackles, 2 TFL, INT returned for TD, blocked kick). 2023: First-team All-ACC. Led team with 9 PBUs (2 INTs, 1 returned for TD). Played in 10 games with seven starts (25 tackles, 1.0 sack, 2 FFs). Missed two games due to injury.

Also, just read where Preston believes he could be a shutdown corner for us, which we haven't had in a long time. My concern is his size and tackling skills seem to be lacking from other sources I've been reading, but his coverage skills are sky-high they say.

Regarding rounds 2-3 and later, we need an OT or two and I think they'll draft at least one tonight. And when they do get around to drafting a WR I'd like to see them consider Rice from USC.

But, you guys know a lot more about college talent than I do. Who would you like to see?

Well, Sweat and Fiske just went off the board, I would love to have had one of them.

Man, trades are flying early and often.

The way this early round is going, I wonder if the Ravens will trade up or sit tight, maybe get DeJean anyway 🤔

7 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I got what I asked for.  Isaac is interesting.  Another psu guy but maybe has more than just potential.

Another wasted PSU pick, man. I get it, 3rd round, slim Pickens, but at least take a chance on a player from another school.

They may already have their guard in Rosengarden, I know that they were high on him and claim to want to give him reps at left tackle as compete for the right tackle spot.

But he is not a very good run blocker, more of a finesse blocker. True, never gave up a sack, but then it's the pack 12, or was, and they moved Penix around a lot.

4th round, TJ Tampa, corner, Iowa St.

A converted wide out

Tampa's slide is among the more surprising ones so far, as he has the length and coverage feel to be a good man corner. He's still a bit raw as a converted receiver but might vastly outplay his draft position. The Ravens often scoop up sliders such as this. -- by Eric Edholm