ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Traing camp is near, pre season not far behind

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no they didn't. There was no fire, appeared to be just going through the motions.

Every now and then they would open a hole, get to the 2nd level with a block. But like a broken wire, few and far between connections.

I think Mekari may end up starting at right guard, not tackle. But we shall see

Well, to be fair, the center was not the starter nor was the right or left tackle.

So, with Stanley, healthy, Vor, Lindy, Merk, Rose, me thinks it will be much, much better.

And we know the Jones at guard sandwiched between Lindy and Rose should be good as should Fal. We just have to hope that injuries don't happen all at once and we play the season with the line we just saw.

Other than Linderbaum, and he's injured, we don't have an excellent talent guy on the line. Stanley is hurt again too, Cleveland has never grown into a role, Vorhees is raw and suspect, and Faalele is just suspect.

That's a hell of a line to depend on to protect Lamar and open holes for Henry.

The front office staff just didn't address the dire situation of the line during the off season. I mean Wiggins is going to be great but we needed an Oline starter in the draft.

Maybe Joe D could have fashioned an adequate line out of these guys but they sure don't look like first- rate NFL material now.

Rosegarden is going to be fine. Sure, he needs to speed up a little bit, but the game will slow down for him in due time.

Vorhees will be a stud, two preseqson games under his belt, now he is up fo speed, seeing that his injury is past him.

Both guys are young, strong and capable.

Stanley isn't hurt that ive heard of, he should be as close to all pro as we have seen from him in a couple of seasons.

We know center will be fine, Lindy is more than enough and Cleveland is doing just fine at center, they found a position for him, at least for this year, then he can walk.

So that leaves the right guard. A platoon position, the big fella was doing pretty good, he was bound to have a bad game, let it be in pre-season.

I rewatched parts of the games, the blocking was not all that bad. Sure, it was inconsistent, some blocks need to be held longer or a player needed to be a little quicker, perhaps know the play correctly, but there was certainly reason for optimism.

I'm looking forward to seeing the starting line play together. Shoot, it even looked like Faalele and Rosegarden were jelling together.

It's practice and yes, it is good to get beat like a drum sometimes, keep a person humble and hungry.

Lamar, from what I've read, was staying in the pocket, trying to make the pass, not running.

I'm just glad no one was hurt, badly.....

Cut downs due by Tuesday, tomorrow, 4pm

It has begun

Wide receiver Russell Gage was one of the first wave of cuts announced by the Ravens on Monday.

Gage signed with the team on August 6 and did not have any catches in preseason action. The veteran tore his patellar tendon at Bucs camp last summer and missed the entire season.

Gage had 51 catches for 426 yards and five touchdowns with Tampa during the 2022 season. He played 61 games in four seasons with Atlanta to open his career.

The Ravens also waived wide receiver Sean Ryan, tight end Mike Rigerman, tight end Riley Sharp, offensive tackle Darrell Simpson, defensive end Tramel Walthour, and punter Jack Browning.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ravens-release-russell-gage-waive-six-others

Wow, 3 shockers on here, for me. I know, not hall of famers but I thought played their way onto the roster. I am sure a few will end up on the practice squad

TE Mike Rigerman [Zrebiec]
TE Riley Sharp [Phoenix]
WR Sean Ryan [Zrebiec]
OL Tashawn Manning [Zrebiec]
P Jack Browning [Phoenix]
OT Darrell Simpson [Phoenix]
DT Tramel Walthour [Phoenix]
WR Russell Gage [Rapoport] (cut, vested veteran)
CB Damarion “Pepe” Williams [Zrebiec]
QB Emory Jones [Zrebiec]
RB Chris Collier [Wacker]
Total Players on the Roster: 79
Decisions remaining: 26