ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Raiders @ Ravens

tsylvester

Run up the middle for 2, Ravens use their last time out.

This was a coaching loss. Personnel use, play calls on offense and defense.

Run off of the right for 5, 3rd down.

Raiders were 0-49 when trailing by 10 in the 4th.

Run to the right, no gain

4th down, under a minute now.

Should be a 30 some odd number field goal for the win

1 second, time out, Raiders

Yes, players have to play, a coach's job is to put them in a position to succeed, but you also have to teach them how to make good decisions, and they are not making smart decisions.

Lamar runs down field, pitches it to Hill who tries to throw it, toward to Staney, game over

Most disappointing to me is state of our defense since McDonald left. I know it will take Orr some time to get in a groove but the talent on defense is there but the coaching is not. Plus the defense just doesn't look fired up to play like they have in the past.

I knew the O-line would be a mess and it was. Although they played better in the 2nd half.

Meanwhile I think this could very well be Harbs' last season...he doesn't look fired up either.

In short, too many good coaches have left the building.

Preston from The Sun:

"

Coaching

The Ravens started off strong, but M&T Bank Stadium lacked energy. There were a lot of empty seats and a lot of Raiders fans behind the Las Vegas bench. Coach John Harbaugh failed on two challenges, and the Ravens didn’t make any serious adjustments on offense or defense in the second half. Despite the NFL being a pass-happy league, the game is still won on the offensive and defensive lines. If there are weaknesses, the coaches have to make adjustments, and the Ravens haven’t made any in the first two games. Losing to the Raiders in the home opener is almost unforgivable. Grade: D"

As usual Mikey bag of donuts is a dozen short of a brain. Lazy writing by him, no surprise.

The stadium was loud at times, as heard over the tele. But what does that have to do with coaching?

No adjustments on offense? They drove the field numerous times in the 2nd half thanks to a change in how they run; running left, running sweeps, with Henry; all of his yards came in the 2nd half.

No energy Mikey? 5 sacks, those dont come unless you have passion and energy, not too mention all of the tackles for a loss.

Where Mike is correct and failed to go the counter to order is coaching, head coaching. Go far enough Mikey to call his name into account, because he was the one lost today and his team played like it, even with the aforementioned plays.

But none of that has anything to do with fans. It has to do with coaching how to cover. But then there were no rookies playing in the secondary, so they all should know how to cover

Is it just me or does it seem that Harbaugh is burning out? Last week and this week he just hasn't had his old pizzaz on the field or in the locker room. And not just on game days. Maybe it's getting to be time for him to retire. He has been around a long time and he's 61 now, I think.

Just wondering.