ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Buffalo @ Baltimore

tsylvester

So many questions buzzing around our Ravens, now one of the hottest teams in the league migrated to town for a Sunday night game.

One of the biggest questions is: what happens to the defense when the 4th quarter starts?

The answer may be as simple as what the offense does in the 3rd quarter, where they have struggled for one reason, penalties, cough cough, or another.

Yes, last week the offense seemed to find its rather, for a while, but it will mean little if they cannot keep it rolling this weekend.

Who ya got?

What to say...another very tough game coming up. But we're at home, the offense improved last week. If only the D can avert a last quarter collapse, they actually may have a chance. As usual it won't be a relaxing game. I just hope it is a W somehow at the end.

The last time these two teams met, 2022, the Ravens lead 20 to 10 at half time. Of course, the Ravens led 20-3 just before half when the Bills went on a drive that resulted in a touchdown with 9 seconds left in the half.

As it turn out, that would be a starting point for a big comeback.

The Ravens would not score again, with Buffal winning 23-20.

It is one of many games where the defense let's up later in the 2nd quarter, and the offense disappears in the 3rd quarter.

If this team wants to make a case for being a legit playoff team, they are going to have to sustain drives, score touchdowns in the 3rd quarter.

This will help the defense rest a bit and give them a shot in the arm.

People point out all of the blown leads by the defense, but I say, it starts with the offense in the 3rd quarter. Stop the drive killing penalties, sustain the blocks, throw the right pass, makes the crucial catch.

Can't really explain it but I'm beginning to think the Ravens pull this one out. If they play up to their potential and the secondary gets straightened out, we all might be feeling better Monday. The Bills aren't really scaring me.

I'm looking to see if they have progressed, both offensively and defensively. Can the line continue to improve? Can the back half of the defense as well. This includes the linenackers who have been lax at getting depth in their drops.

This is one reason why the deep middle has been been gutted so far this season.

Let us not forget the pass rush, Owe & company have done a pretty good job of pressuring the pocket, can they continue? Can Mads and Pierce crush the middle to give Josh no where to escape?

How about the play calling on both side of the ball? That area needs to be better as well.

Improvement, capitalize on last week's good parts, improve on the bad, play, penalties.

If they have over 100 yards in penalties again, they won't stand much chance of beating the Bills.

15 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Vorhees likely not to play

That hurts...the offensive line really needs stability with so many new faces.

I think the pass rush will be fine, the secondary has the talent but needs to demonstrate it, Orr needs to tighten up the D in the fourth quarter and the O-line, somehow, has to create holes for Henry and give time for Lamar to throw. If they don't win, they at least have to show improvement from week to week.