ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Suggs To the Defense

vmax

YOU GO TERRELL!!!!!!!!

Terrell Suggs has one message for all the naysayers.

18_LFW_Flacco_news.jpg

Don’t. Count. Joe. Out.

There aren’t words to describe the power with which Suggs has in the video below when defending his “boy.”

You get the feeling that the 6-foot-3, 260-pound linebacker could jump through the screen to knock some sense into Flacco’s critics, who are buzzing louder than ever after Flacco and Co. garnered just 227 total yards against the Houston Texans’ No. 2 ranked defense Sunday.

“I would never count Joe out. I would never count Joe out,” Suggs told ESPN’s First Take. “My quarterback can go out and beat anybody. My quarterback can go out and beat anybody. Anybody.”

Statistically speaking, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers are often times put on a higher pedestal than Flacco.

But Flacco continues to win games.

“My boy can go and play with the best of them,” Suggs said. “That’s why we’re in the position that we’re in. And a majority of the league is at home watching him play. My quarterback has been in the playoffs every year he has been in the league. Three of the four years my quarterback has won double-digit games. Every year he’s won playoff games. So, when it comes to comparisons, there’s not a lot of quarterbacks you can compare to my boy cause some quarterback still ain’t got they first playoff win yet, but my boy has been there every year.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/01/18/late-for-work-118-wow-never-cross-suggs-when-it-comes-to-joe/

Terrell+Suggs+3MZyFFrdtrSm.jpg

What are the other options right now? So for now, Joe is awesome and we're going to get it done with him. Joe is the man, let's just get on board for a little while and enjoy it!

Thats not how I feel. Just because he is the best option right now doesnt mean he is awesome and I should think he is good when I don't. I am behind the team and I want him to do well, I just do not think he will and I wont pretend I do.

Please tell me that Flacco is not going to be compared to Boller. Flacco has his shortcomings, but he's by far the best QB that Baltimore Ravens has ever had! I'm not willing to go back to riding the QB carousel. Joe is what we've got, let's get it done.

Please tell me that Flacco is not going to be compared to Boller. Flacco has his shortcomings, but he's by far the best QB that Baltimore Ravens has ever had! I'm not willing to go back to riding the QB carousel. Joe is what we've got, let's get it done.

Kinda sort a, the boys on the radio commented that the airwaves havent been this lit up since Kyle Boller was in town.

How many playoff wins does Phillip Rivers have?

Yeah and Joe has more wins in his first three seasons that Peyton did so therefore Joe is going to be better at least thats what I heard from local fans after his first couple years.

Unfortunately (fortunately for messageboard discussions) its a team game so its hard to figure out how many wins Joe would have on the early 90s Colts or Peyton would have had here in the past 4. Or to accurately figure out how many playoff wins Rivers would have if he had been here instead of the Chargers the past four seasons.

Either way if you are trying to sell me on Flacco is better than Rivers because he has more playoff wins; I aint buying. Especially when you factor in how "well" Joe played in most of the playoff wins.

I aint buying. Especially when you factor in how "well" Joe played in most of the playoff wins.

So you are finding fault with a 97% passer rating, 2 TD, 4 perfectly thrown dropped passes, against the #2 D in the NFL performance?

Or are you just going to dwell on his 4 for 10 for 34 yard performance 2 years ago in NE??

Suggs is slowing taking the leadership role from Ray. Good for him - I think Flacco needed that.

Yea....looking at how hard and fast Suggs and Ray rose to Joe's defense shows this is one tight team. Attack a player and you have them all comming at you.

Next up will be Pollard for calling Brady a 'pretty boy' yesterday.

In 2008, Pollard was on the Kansas City Chiefs when he lunged at Brady’s feet in the first game of the season. It wasn’t a dirty play, but Pollard collapsed Brady’s knee, tearing his ACL and ending the star quarterback’s season before the first game was over.

Since then, the unfortunate connection between the two men has stuck, and Pollard isn’t surprised by it.

“You got to look at it, that’s the pretty boy, that’s the man of the NFL, that’s ‘Mr. Do It All,’ so everybody just wants to hold that against me, but I don’t care,” Pollard said.

Pollard’s hit on Brady wasn’t penalized, but the league instituted a rule the following season making it a penalty for a defender to lunge or make contact with a quarterback’s knee.

It’s best known as the “Brady Rule.”

“We’re conscious of what they’re trying to do,” Pollard said about how the game has changed since the play. “We’re conscious of the rules that they’re putting in, but at the end of the day, we’re going to play football.

“At the end of the day, you’ve got a second to think about how you’re going to tackle somebody. A lot of people don’t understand that. You have a second.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/01/18/pollard-recalls-season-ending-hit-on-brady/

• Upvote 1

So you are finding fault with a 97% passer rating, 2 TD, 4 perfectly thrown dropped passes, against the #2 D in the NFL performance?

Or are you just going to dwell on his 4 for 10 for 34 yard performance 2 years ago in NE??

Thank you for mentioning this, everyone conveniently forgets about the dropped balls and the 2 TD passes. Maybe Joe isn't great, but he is surely above average and he doesn't make boneheaded mistakes to take his team out of the game. If I may add, how many playoff wins does Matt Ryan have? He's had some good teams too. A QB isn't measured on statistics alone. If so, Favre would be the greatest. We all know that's not true. Favre was awesome and definitley a top 10 QB, however he routinely threw games away with costly INTs.