ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Out of Touch with My Feelings

oldno82

Disassembled what?

Aren't we talking about the staff that Cam put together, Zorn, Saunders etc. Harbaugh made the decision to fire them and put the job solely on Cam. The result, we won more games and went farther in the playoffs. The beginning of the season was tough with a learning curve, but it's hard to argue with the late season results.

Well Zorn was only a yr if I am recalling corectly. Others got jobs elsewhere. How do you know Harbs fired Zorn? The team let him go so that could have been Cam's idea again with Harbs.

You are a child. "could have been" lol

Look Harbaugh announced it in one of his pressers past offseason. Joe was pretty upset about it. It was also detailed by Preston, just concede a point to somebody.

Now it matters if they are only a one year hire?

So.....if they're only there a year and the Head Coach chooses to let him go, it doesn't count and it was probably Cam's idea anyway?

Regardless if it was Cam's idea, it ended up being the right call, we won more games, beat Pitt twice, and went deeper in the playoffs. Those are facts. We also had a brutal schedule. We slipped against some easy teams, but what does that matter? The Pats didn't be a team with a winning record till they faced us.

Regardless if it was Cam's idea, it ended up being the right call, we won more games, beat Pitt twice, and went deeper in the playoffs. Those are facts. We also had a brutal schedule. We slipped against some easy teams, but what does that matter? The Pats didn't be a team with a winning record till they faced us.

You could argue that mattison leaving had more to do with that than losing Zorn. With Zorn we held a 2-score led on Pittsburgh and New England and blew the leads.

You could argue, but I think it would be a stretch. Harbaugh has done alot right to get everything moving in the same direction and I think that he needed to let everyone know that this wasn't going to be a coaching carousel. I like it, consistency. I don't like Cam, but I can't argue the success. So, in my eyes, until the success is no longer there, I really don't have the ground to criticize too loudly. I can nit pick, but that's just a waste of time.

You could also argue that Pagano had his problems as well, letting up points to Zona and Seattle while having no answer for SD. I prefer to look at the body of work because in any given NFL season you can find 1 or 2 games that just leaves a coach and team going......"What just happened out there?".

To be clear though, I was no fan of Mattison and I think him leaving had as much to do with the coaching position he took as well as the writing on the wall. He knew that Harbs was going to have to make the tough call. (Maybe not though, Harbs does believe in consistency as I previously stated.....hmmm now I'm second guessing myself lol)

You are a child. "could have been" lol

Look Harbaugh announced it in one of his pressers past offseason. Joe was pretty upset about it. It was also detailed by Preston, just concede a point to somebody.

Now it matters if they are only a one year hire?

So.....if they're only there a year and the Head Coach chooses to let him go, it doesn't count and it was probably Cam's idea anyway?

That is an unproveable point.

You could argue, but I think it would be a stretch. Harbaugh has done alot right to get everything moving in the same direction and I think that he needed to let everyone know that this wasn't going to be a coaching carousel. I like it, consistency. I don't like Cam, but I can't argue the success. So, in my eyes, until the success is no longer there, I really don't have the ground to criticize too loudly. I can nit pick, but that's just a waste of time.

You could also argue that Pagano had his problems as well, letting up points to Zona and Seattle while having no answer for SD. I prefer to look at the body of work because in any given NFL season you can find 1 or 2 games that just leaves a coach and team going......"What just happened out there?".

To be clear though, I was no fan of Mattison and I think him leaving had as much to do with the coaching position he took as well as the writing on the wall. He knew that Harbs was going to have to make the tough call. (Maybe not though, Harbs does believe in consistency as I previously stated.....hmmm now I'm second guessing myself lol)

Seattle and Arizona were both special teams-affected... David Reed and Patrick Peterson...

Against San Diego Webb didn't play, J. smith got destroyed in his "welcome to the NFL" game... (so did Arizona's Peterson by Hakeem Nicks, though, so no big deal)

Pagano wasn't perfect by any means - but his unit was a drastic upgrade over Mattison is my point. Hopefully Peas builds on that success.

Seattle and Arizona were both special teams-affected... David Reed and Patrick Peterson...

Against San Diego Webb didn't play, J. smith got destroyed in his "welcome to the NFL" game... (so did Arizona's Peterson by Hakeem Nicks, though, so no big deal)

Pagano wasn't perfect by any means - but his unit was a drastic upgrade over Mattison is my point. Hopefully Peas builds on that success.

Agreed on that front. I have high hopes for Peas.