ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Out of Touch with My Feelings

oldno82

Hey everybody, I'm not sure how the hell I feel about Prees and Cam. Prees has an outstanding resume but we need somebody who will be very aggressive. He might be that way, I just don't know. I do know he is a long time buddy of Harbs and is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Also, Cam coming back has me kind of down. He had some pretty awful offensive games this year but then he had some really good ones as well. I'd feel better if we hire a QB coach whom Joe would really want.

What do you all think now that the deeds have been done?

Suggs said they won't skip a beat with Peas comming in. That's good enough for me....I hear he's aggressive.

His New England D's didn't give up points...he did a lot with average players...that's what matters. I also like hiring from within.

I never heard of Pagano and he was very good...long term buddies looks like a good thing from where I'm sitting. 19-1 at home. 4 years in the playoffs.

Cam....he drives me crazy at times but there is nobody available who I think could do better. It's a huge disappointment to me that this 2011 Ravens offense is ranked 15th...average. That's not right. They need a great WR coach and O line coach....those units are weak.

Oh...and clean house of those Not So Special Teams coaches.

Cam's fine. It's better to have continuity going into next year than have to redo the whole offense in my opinion.

Pagano had me pumped up from the start after I read the transcript to his presser. Pees not so much. I guess all we can do is give Pees a chance....and no I did not mean to make a corny pun.

I'm not over the loss either and I think thats one reason I can't get too worked up about Pees and Cam one way or the other. I agree with Max that our offense should be better than 15th in the league. I want to see our WRs get more separation and stop dropping the ball so often. I want to see a balanced offense---the Ravens were very successful against the Pats with play action passes because they stayed committed to having some ground game. But, I think the offense can do even better.

Pees is an unknown to me despite his resume. If he is aggressive like Pagano we'll be fine. If he's a wimp like Mattison, we won't.

No football today..What in the hell am I going to do?

Dwell on last weeks loss some more.

The Pro Bowl game is on this evening. Better than nuthin'.

I'm still hurting.

Watching the Ravens Super Bowl game on NFL Network this morning helped some......then I'm back to thinking the Ravens should be in this one and that they would beat the Giants...then my head gets out of control (as usual) and I think that would be 2 Super Bowl Championships for the Ravens...1 for the Baltimore Colts...2 Baltimore Colt NFL Championships and ...hey!...Baltimore is representing very well.

Back to reality...some experiences are rare so when we see a "special" Ravens team or unit: pay attention. We have been very fortunate as fans to see on a regular basis great players, great units, high caliber football, winning football for over a decade.

As I look over this roster, coaching staff and front office, I don't see that string of great Ravens football ending any time soon.

Cam's fine. It's better to have continuity going into next year than have to redo the whole offense in my opinion.

Pagano had me pumped up from the start after I read the transcript to his presser. Pees not so much. I guess all we can do is give Pees a chance....and no I did not mean to make a corny pun.

Yes do the same thing over and over and expect a new outcome.

Well to be fair I understand the thinking of the organization. Wholesale changes are not needed no matter how badly I would like them. We've been to the playoffs 4 straight years, two of them to the AFC championship. All four of them we've lost to the eventual Super Bowl representative. So, really, it stands to reason that only some small subtle changes are needed to push us over the hump.

The same disclaimer should be read that the financial companies use. Changes now are not necessarily indicative of future results. This coaching staff has the players believing they can win and playing at a high level. Let's tweak the machine and get a little more out of it rather than rebuild the machine.

We'll eventually have to rebuild as all teams do, however with what we have going I think that continuity is more important. So far small changes are being made. I'm happy with that, they're not sitting on their hands.

Less than, I said less than. Pags is greater than Pees. No QB coach is less than Caldwell. And Cam sucks. Therefore, offseason so far = sucks.

Sorry....my bad, I read that wrong. Fair enough, I could see that as being a net wash. However, I'm curious about this Pees guy. Seems Harbaugh has done a good job of bringing in guys that understand how to win games.

What was so great about Pagano? I understand that Greg Mattison wasn't great, but he was the only non-aggressive, unsuccessful defensive coordinator that we've had since Marvin Lewis. The fact of the matter is, I could run our defense and it would be successful, as long as Ray Lewis is still on the field. (and I'm only half-joking.)

Mattison < OR = Pees = Pagano = Ryan = Nolan < Lewis

Since we're doing math.

I'm not impressed with the Caldwell selection unless they asked Joe for input which I doubt. Manning was great because, well, Manning was a natural great.

The Cam thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We need to be better in 2012 and the moves so far don't give me a lot of confidence.

No QB coach being better than Caldwell, a guy who's coached Peyton Manning? That's a real stretch. This guy has obviously had success in the NFL before his HC gig in Indy.

I can't comment on the Pags and Pees except to say that we've done really well in the past promoting from within.

So he was in Indy to make him so great in 1999 and 2000? Caldwell did zippos to help make Manning a better QB. Off with the glasses and defending the indencible. Caldwell was brought in because Cam knows he is weak and is not a threat to Cam running the offense. The question is how did Cam convince John this was a good idea.

Pagono grabbed the good OC on the market.

I misread what was posted. The poster stated that Caldwell is greater than no coach. I agreed with that and posted that.

Caldwell seems to have a similar personality as Joe, so it may work. Im inclined to side with Harbaugh at this point as he has a track record speaks for itself.

He didnt make wholesale changes at OC. I really thought it wouldve been prudent, however he didnt sit on his hands. He's probably right anyway, being to the playoffs four years in a row would indicate that we need to just tweak the machine to get over the hump.

So he was in Indy to make him so great in 1999 and 2000? Caldwell did zippos to help make Manning a better QB. Off with the glasses and defending the indencible. Caldwell was brought in because Cam knows he is weak and is not a threat to Cam running the offense. The question is how did Cam convince John this was a good idea.

Pagono grabbed the good OC on the market.

So the Ravens are in the business of hiring weak personnel to satisfy Cam's ego? I doubt that.

I also seriously doubt that Cam lobbied to bring in a weaker individual so that he could have absolute power.

I also dont believe that John is in the business of appeasing anyone. He makes the decisiins that he feels put the Ravens in position to win. He's doing a good job of that.