ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Travel Advisory

vmax

Don't go to Mexico...

Check out this travel advisory....

Gun battles have occurred in broad daylight on streets and in other public venues, such as restaurants and clubs. During some of these incidents, U.S. citizens have been trapped and temporarily prevented from leaving the area. TCOs use stolen cars and trucks to create roadblocks on major thoroughfares, preventing the military and police from responding to criminal activity. The location and timing of future armed engagements is unpredictable. We recommend that you defer travel to the areas indicated in this Travel Warning and to exercise extreme caution when traveling throughout the northern border region.

The rising number of kidnappings and disappearances throughout Mexico is of particular concern. Both local and expatriate communities have been victimized. In addition, local police have been implicated in some of these incidents. We strongly advise you to lower your profile and avoid displaying any evidence of wealth that might draw attention.

More than 47,500 people have been killed in Mexico since 2006 when President Felipe Calderon took office and sent the Mexican armed forces to crush powerful cartels battling for lucrative smuggling routes to the United States.

One killed every half hour in Mexico drug-related violence

The State Department advisory noted that 130 Americans were reported murdered in Mexico last year, up from 111 in 2010 and 35 in 2007.

http://overheadbin.m...-travel-warning

Mexico's about as inviting a place to go as vacationing in Europe during world war two.

chrome.js?v=4879:25:Object%20doesn

Edited by vmax

I'd bet the number of drug related deaths per capita has been higher in Baltimore in the last 6 years.

I wouldn't be surprised if people in Mexico send links about not vacationing in Baltimore. :)

Not that I am planning to go to Mexico any time soon. I'll stick with El Salto.