ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Here's a real owner

yagersports

"

Despite wide receiver Lee Evans' dropped touchdown pass and kicker Billy Cundiff blowing a chip-shot field goal in the AFC Championship Game, the organization isn't holding a grudge.

Evans was unable to maintain control of an accurate Joe Flacco pass in the end zone as New England Patriots cornerback Sterling Moore ripped it out of his hands. And a seemingly hurried Cundiff managed to sail a 32-yard chip shot wide left during the final seconds of a 23-20 loss at Gillette Stadium.

[/left]

"This is like watching your kids in high school play basketball," Bisciotti said. "You don't scream at your neighbor's kid because he's not passing it enough. They become like sons to you, so you feel for them. You can't get mad. This business is about managing your mistakes and managing your failures. Inopportune things like that kill these guys, and I die with them.

[/left]

"I don't lash out. You end up caring for these guys. You know how much time and effort they put in. It breaks your heart that somebody has got to be the goat, but if we had lost 35-10, then there'd be a lot of goats. It would be easier to spread the blame and the arrows wouldn't be pointing in one direction or another."

[/left][/left]

Statements from Biscotti in the Yahoo new and notes. My feelings exactly. This is why we're a well run organization.

[/left]

That locker room will snub him. They'll be looking at him funny...give him the silent treatment.

His first big miss and this town will scream for his head.

IMO...he was rushed so it's not all his fault. The blame falls on Rosberg and Harbaugh. They should have taken the fall publicly for him.

That locker room will snub him. They'll be looking at him funny...give him the silent treatment.

His first big miss and this town will scream for his head.

IMO...he was rushed so it's not all his fault. The blame falls on Rosberg and Harbaugh. They should have taken the fall publicly for him.

I do understand the rushed talk, and how you can point at the coach.. but if had called a timeout, and he missed. People would say he iced his own kicker. lol

Why are we trying to blame anyone. What happened has happened, I'm not interested in crying over spilled milk.

The locker room is not going to shun him, no way. Especially if he goes out and performs the way he can perform. People deserve shots at redemption and Evans should get his. I can't believe how people can't understand that. We played a great game, it's not like we didn't go against one of the greatest QBs ever. It's not like we were blown out. It's not like we didn't play well on both sides of the ball.

We were unlucky. How does playing the blame game help anyone? If Ray doesn't do it after holding Peyton Manning to 5 FGs, why should anyone else? He was the one in the arena. If he's willing to move on and keep competing, so should we as fans.

Evans and Cundiff both deserve shots at redemption, they'll have to compete for it in training camp, but they deserve a shot. Can you imagine what this WR corps could be with Evans healthy and working with Joe for an entire off season? That's three pretty damn good receivers.

I'm done with the Negative Nancies of the world! :)

Yeager...Ozzies is going to let 13-15 players go and that's not because he's negative.

Evans caught 4 balls last year...that's a million dollars a catch. Can 't afford that or count on him to stay healthy. If he wants to come back for far less money as a #3 receiver fine.....let him win a job over Doss, Williams and whoever else they bring in. Let him resurrect his career.

Cundiff will need an almost "pro bowl like" career to regain fan, teammates and coaching confidence in him. He's definitely at 3 & 2 with 2 outs in the 9 th. He did not lose the game. He wasn't' responsible for the pressure situation that the team and coaches put him in...but he "Al Del Grecco'd" in one of the biggest games of this franchises history. These opportunities are rare. He's under a lot of heat..perhaps most of it undeserved...but he had a sub par season on top of it

Why are we trying to blame anyone. What happened has happened, I'm not interested in crying over spilled milk.

If we're going to blame anyone, it should be Lebron.

Cundiff will need an almost "pro bowl like" career to regain fan, teammates and coaching confidence in him. He's definitely at 3 & 2 with 2 outs in the 9 th. He did not lose the game. He wasn't' responsible for the pressure situation that the team and coaches put him in...but he "Al Del Grecco'd" in one of the biggest games of this franchises history. These opportunities are rare. He's under a lot of heat..perhaps most of it undeserved...but he had a sub par season on top of it

80% of the advantage Cundiff gave us was taken away last offseason when they moved the kickoff line. Now we have a kicker who can't hit a 50 yard field goal AND will always have it in the back of his head that he shanked one in a critical moment. I don't see what the point is of trying to keep a guy like that, when so many games come down to a single field goal, and half-decent kickers aren't really that hard to find.

Unless it's a financial thing, you've gotta bring in someone else.

Yeager...Ozzies is going to let 13-15 players go and that's not because he's negative.

Evans caught 4 balls last year...that's a million dollars a catch. Can 't afford that or count on him to stay healthy. If he wants to come back for far less money as a #3 receiver fine.....let him win a job over Doss, Williams and whoever else they bring in. Let him resurrect his career.

When I speak of negative I'm referring to people that feel the need to blame someone for an excellent season being unlucky.

Evans has the potential to make this WR corps very special if he is healthy and is willing to restructure. Honestly, I see him willing to do so amd I would like him to redeem himself.

As for Cundiff, an injury nagged at him. It is what it is. I've advocated pushing him in camp. If he succeeds, lets move forward with him. He was a good kicker before the injury, the kick was once again unlucky.

I don't believe that Cundiff is Delgreco, Norwood, or Graham like. I'm pulling for him.

As for the players that are being let go, I understamd that's football. If they gotta go, they gotta go, however if they can bring value I wouldn't dismiss them for one bad play each.